GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Adventure games? [Re: Mad] #943108
03/04/14 02:31 AM
03/04/14 02:31 AM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
I don't entirely agree with you, Mad, about boxed games. There are many advantages to downloading games. Once paid for, you can download and play them IMMEDIATELY. I have shelves FULL of boxed games. Once in a while I re-play a few of them, but mostly, they just "sit there". When I download a game, I put the "Setup file" in a "safe" place so that I can always access it again if I want to replay it again. My "safe place" is on an external hard drive.
Sandy

Re: Adventure games? [Re: sanford] #943128
03/04/14 08:25 AM
03/04/14 08:25 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I guess it just comes down to personal preference, sanford ?? wink

Although I haven't been able to avoid having to download some games, the majority of my purchases are still boxed games on disk with a paper manual of some kind included - and that's how I like it grin

We probably differ also in that I replay games all the time - especially the older ones - however I don't experience any more hassle installing from a disk than I do going from the set-up file of a download smile

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Adventure games? [Re: Mad] #943245
03/04/14 09:49 PM
03/04/14 09:49 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
I agree with you mad. It is just a matter of personal preference. I TOO have a LOT of older baxed games, so I CAN definitely identify with you on that. HAVE FUN!
Sandy

Re: Adventure games? [Re: sanford] #943307
03/05/14 11:38 AM
03/05/14 11:38 AM
Maryland, USA
Orfyn Offline
Shy Boomer
Orfyn  Offline
Shy Boomer

Maryland, USA
I live in a rural area, where dial-up was the only internet available for a long time, and I deeply resented the switch from boxed games to down load. I once tried downloading a game 5 hours, and then files got corrupted. Tried again, 6 hours and still incomplete. Only recently was able to get high speed internet. Now I love download games. There are some old ones I still would love to see that are not available, such as "The Neverhood", and "The Legend of Lotus Spring". All those old Cryo and Dreamcatcher games as well.

Unhappy thoughts are easy, they get into negative feedback cycles. Happy thoughts take effort.
Re: Adventure games? [Re: Jenny100] #943651
03/07/14 12:08 PM
03/07/14 12:08 PM
Plymouth, Devon,UK
G
gruffy Offline
Settled Boomer
gruffy  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

Plymouth, Devon,UK
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Originally Posted By: gruffy
I hate going into GAME and just seeing that there's only first person shooters or hidden object games.

Not sure what "GAME" is, but "contamination" of adventure game lists has been a problem since before I started playing adventure games.

It would be nice to have an interactive adventure game list with the ability to restrict which games are listed by filtering out characteristics that make a game unplayable or undesirable in some other way. For example, you might choose to filter out things like
  • games that include QTE's,
  • tend to cause motion sickness
  • episodic games (unless the entire series is available)
  • lack of puzzles
  • no DRM-free version available
  • game "too short" (would have to be defined, maybe 2 hrs or less)
  • dexterity requirements above a certain level
  • game too casual/easy
  • free vs. retail
  • 2D vs 2.5D vs 3D
  • 1st person vs 3rd person
  • point-and-click vs keyboard/controller-only
    etc.

Since no such interactive list is available, everyone has to make their own individual lists, looking up each game and checking a review for each one (or checking a gameplay video) in order to decide if it's something they might like or not. It's better to start with the listings at PAGODA than at Mobygames, since it's been many years since Mobygames was able to distinguish between Adventure and Action/Adventure.

Hi, Game is a nationwide computer games shop in the UK.

If you want trouble, get yourself a redhead!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (BrownEyedTigre), 136 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users