GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#940485 - 02/15/14 06:41 PM Re: New PC [Re: Draclvr]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
One more ?

You mentioned jumping ahead of two OS systems? What are they? From windows XP to 7?

Edited by Darleen03 (02/15/14 06:42 PM)

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#940486 - 02/15/14 06:52 PM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: The Country
I actually have experience with Windows 7 as my sister in law, brother, Carol and my friends out here all have win 7 on their computer... and I am the computer helper so I was thrown into it last year... I know 8.1 will be different... but then again .... so am I.... dance monky

#940487 - 02/15/14 06:57 PM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Darleen03 Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Northeast NJ
Winfrey... kissy

Have FUN

GameBoomers
"Games Are More Enticing Because Of Our "MaG"nificent Efficient Radiant Site"

#940489 - 02/15/14 07:02 PM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Draclvr Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
Yup... going from XP to Windows 7 is jumping up 2 operating systems. Going from XP to Windows 8.1 is jumping up 3 operating systems.

Somehow, Winfrey, I have a feeling you can handle it with no problem at all!

#940498 - 02/15/14 07:25 PM Re: New PC [Re: Draclvr]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Your new computer looks terrific, Winfrey. Enjoy it to the max. wave

#940522 - 02/15/14 10:23 PM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Marian. :-)

#940524 - 02/15/14 10:28 PM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Chief Offline
Staff
Adept Boomer

Loc: Québec
Good for you, Winfrey.

And bravo for getting Win 8. dance

I certainly love my W8.

Chief wave

#940568 - 02/16/14 08:14 AM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks Chief.....and it's good to know we have someone that we can turn to and ask what????????. I even got a link with pictures..... I like pictures. yes

Edited by Winfrey (02/16/14 08:15 AM)

#940577 - 02/16/14 09:44 AM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Chief Offline
Staff
Adept Boomer

Quote:
Thanks Chief.....and it's good to know we have someone that we can turn to and ask what????????

That will be the day. lol

Chief wave

Edited by Chief (02/16/14 09:46 AM)

#940581 - 02/16/14 10:36 AM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Draclvr Offline
Adept Boomer

I've said... any and all questions are welcome! Chief and I have solved several things so far!

I like pictures too and sometimes send some of my own taken with the cool new screenshot feature in Windows 8.

#940625 - 02/16/14 03:01 PM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Chief Offline
Staff
Adept Boomer

We sure did. thumbsup

Always something to ajust.

Chief wave

#940638 - 02/16/14 04:45 PM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
SharonB Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Delaware, USA
Congratulations Winfrey! I too am am drooling! I think it's great you are able to get such a nice system. I know you will really enjoy it.

Sharon catrub

#940649 - 02/16/14 05:43 PM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks SharonB

#942356 - 02/28/14 09:38 AM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Winfrey Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well I received my new computer. I must say... WOW... lots of cables... books... disc's.... never had a separate sound card before. So I did the most sensible thing....I called Drac. Thank the heavens for this woman!!! I sent her pictures of the front and back of the computer and some thingies I had questions about. We went through my questions and I went back to putting together this new toy. I also got a new monitor, an Asus 24 inch... I turned the machine on and oh my... going from my nice little 17 inch NEC monitor to this, I felt like I was at the movies. For those of you who might not have read I decided to go with windows 8.1. Coming from XP this is quite a change. But to my surprise during my initial look at the start screen I saw a tile labeled "desktop"... I clicked that and was taken to a desktop view, something I was definitely more accustomed to. With the help of links Drac sent to me I started to set up icons for what I wanted on the desktop and Start page. I am going to like the Start page. I can set it up for myself and carol with the proper icons for easy usage. I am glad I put Windows 8.1 on my new system. Now I have to do some transferring of files .. games... hmmm need to get GOG and STEAM onto my new computer.... lots to do.
I do want to give a big SHOUT OUT to Drac.... I LOVE this woman!!!!!!! She has the patience of a saint.... Thank you... thank you.... thank you Drac... you are The Woman!!!! praise
For those who want to take a peak.. here is a link to my new computer and monitor. It is not in its final resting place because Carol is still doing taxes and does not want me messing with the old one.. but it is handy because the new one is on my desk and the XP is right behind it so I can look up things and turn around and do them on the Win.8. and no the speakers you see are not the ones that will eventually be connected to the computer.. just temp ones. When you get to the pictures click on the word more and arrow to get another of the monitor.
I took the link off and replace it two posts down... go there and look
I put a link on photobucket that one works...

Edited by Winfrey (02/28/14 11:18 AM)

#942364 - 02/28/14 10:22 AM Re: New PC [Re: Winfrey]
Draclvr Offline
Adept Boomer

Oh, no! The link takes me to MY photos on Google+??? I want more pictures!

Winfrey, I love to live vicariously through other people getting new computers! We both had a heck of a time figuring out what three little round gold thingies with a green status light were in one of the PCI slots in the back. Then in an "aha moment," I figured out it was her wifi card without the little antennas screwed in. At eCollegePC, they show a card with two antennas, so I guess they put in a better one.

We've definitely been burning up the phone lines and the message system on Facebook! But I'm dying to see the new setup pictures. Especially that huge case!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (gameho, GuybrushThreepwood, BrownEyedTigre, looney4labs, samuel, ramona, oldman, luv2travel, Iurii, family), 62 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B, Polikolp
8542 Registered Users