GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#948270 - 04/04/14 08:23 AM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: London, UK
I meant to say, surely DSL is fast enough? After that it is too costly for its worth. Unless of course your DSL connection is slower than usual?

#948616 - 04/06/14 09:43 AM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
DSL speeds can be as slow as 128 kbps in some areas, though I think 256 kbps is usually the lowest speed offered. If you buy a DSL subscription that's faster than what your telephone lines can support, it will disconnect all the time and end up slower than what you'd get with a subscription for a slower speed.

#948904 - 04/08/14 01:10 AM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Does anybody know where the SAVEGAMES for the MOEBIUS DEMO are kept on a WIN XP computer? They MIGHT be compatible with the coming FULL version of MOEBIUS.
Sandy

#948968 - 04/08/14 10:14 AM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
If they're not in your My Documents folder or the folder where the demo is located, they may be somewhere in a subfolder of your Documents and Settings folder. Try running the demo, saving, and do a search by date and time for recently created or changed files.

#949036 - 04/08/14 04:12 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks a lot, Jenny. I will just DO that.
Sandy

#949246 - 04/09/14 08:31 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
fov Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: San Francisco
Moebius saves are located here:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Phoenix Online Studios\Moebius
Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\LocalLow\Phoenix Online Studios\Moebius

Windows hides this folder by default so you might not be able to find it by navigating to it. Try searching for the location with Windows Explorer.

Saves should work fine between the demo and the download version from Phoenix's store or GOG. If you plan to play on Steam you won't get credit for achievements etc. from the first two chapters (and I'm not sure if achievements will work properly after that).

(Full disclosure: I'm handling PR for this game!)

#949248 - 04/09/14 08:33 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
THanks fov!

Ana wave

#949253 - 04/09/14 09:07 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Settled Boomer

Thank you SO much, Fov. MAYBE these saves I have will carry over to the FULL version. ( At least I hope so) Happy Gaming!
Sandy

P.S. If YOU, Fov, are handling the PR for this game, you're doing a GREAT job. Good Luck

#949872 - 04/13/14 11:04 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Settled Boomer

YAY! Two more days till the release of this game. I played the DEMO, and it runs very well on my "old" WIN XP computer. I have my copy pre-ordered from GOG. HAPPY GAMING, fellow BOOMERS.
Sandy

#949971 - 04/14/14 02:35 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
I just got my key and am downloading as I type this. It seems that if you download from Phoenix studios you can get it today but if you choose Steam or GOG you have to wait until tomorrow.

I had questioned them about when us backers would be getting our keys and they replied that I would get it today and I did and I am a happy camper. happydance yay taz

I'll be playing the full game as soon as the download finishes.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#949991 - 04/14/14 04:05 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: oldman]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
That's great, oldman !! dance

#949995 - 04/14/14 04:10 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: oldman]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Originally Posted By: oldman

I'll be playing the full game as soon as the download finishes.

Have fun! I look forward to hearing about what you think of the game. smile

#950030 - 04/14/14 07:38 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
jachern Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Central New Mexico
I got my key for this game today because I am a Kickstarter backer. I am so excited to give the game a try!

#950035 - 04/14/14 08:13 PM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
Well here we go. I've played through what could be considered as the first part. I've interviewed my first policeman and have played enough to see how the game works.

All in all I like the graphics, however, the animation seems a little strange (when the main character walks). It may be because
Click to reveal..
he just got out of the hospital and is walking with a limp although I doubt it

It has a built in hint/tutorial system which I like. You can elect to use it or not. I think I am really going to enjoy the game but if you are inclined to compare it to Gabriel Knight, I wouldn't.

As far as the controls are concerned they are a lot like cognition.

Can't think of much else as I'm a little review impaired. lol crazy

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#950126 - 04/15/14 09:26 AM Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Maybe because I have only memories of Gabriel Knight series - but I truly enjoyed Moebius.

The storyline is great. Kudos to Jane Jensen. She really has the touch and this is a story that applies to the modern world and the future. The voice acting is superb for both main characters. I enjoyed it as much as I did Syberia 1.

Graphics problem can be solved by playing with the video adjustments at the configuration screen.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
14 registered (flutist, Jenny100, Draclvr, BrownEyedTigre, Marian, fildil, Sherlock, Gimme, cailyn, oldmariner), 80 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users