GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#942245 - 02/27/14 01:58 PM The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Illinois
I have just gotten 'All That Remains' to download (since TellTale doesn't respond to emails for help). It took a while, but I did it and started playing. I've quickly learned to dislike the game because I have NO idea how to save. I've tried everything I could, to no avail. The other problem is, how in the world can Clementine survive the scavengers if the only things she can do don't work?? She has a gun, but can't use it. I've tried the log, but can't use that. The use of the rock, biting and kicking does ZIP. The man keeps chasing and dragging her until the walker gets her, and she's dead, AGAIN. No saving, so I'm forced to replay THE ENTIRE BEGINNING, AGAIN.
Can someone, please, tell me how to find the controls besides WASD which only controls her movement, and just tell me what I'm NOT doing to get passed this part. I give up on the girl at the beginning, since Clementine's just going to be a victim there anyway. Thank you so much.

#942255 - 02/27/14 03:10 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I have read the following about saving games in Episode 1 (in flotsam's review), and I am going to go ahead and assume that Episode 2 works the same way:

Quote:
You can’t save at will, but autosaves occur regularly. If you die or if you exit, the game will start again from the last autosave, which may mean you replay some parts

I'm going to move your post over to the Darkside, as someone there will probably be familiar with the game and can give you more advice. wave

#942265 - 02/27/14 04:42 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
I haven't played this, but there is a Youtube walkthrough here and another site with lots of information here.

I don't know if any of it will help, but I hope so. luck

#942637 - 03/01/14 03:57 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Marian, if you don't know, you are the greatest always. And L4LS, thank you so much for the walkthrough. I've never played a game like this, streaming from online and only autosaves. I know Clementine HAS to survive or there would be no other episodes. At least 4 more are due! I didn't mind fumbling around and trying to learn, but I had hoped to be able to make it a little less painful. Thank you, too, Marian for helping me,again.

#942697 - 03/01/14 09:02 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Bubba, I must say I hate not being able to save when I want, but sometimes that is the price you pay to play the game you want. Hang in there, your skills will improve.

#942718 - 03/01/14 11:11 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: looney4labs]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

You are very welcome, BubbaJake; thank you for your kind words, and luck with the game. smile

#942825 - 03/02/14 01:25 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Marian, you helped me get DOSbox games playing when all others failed or tried to humiliate me for asking. I will never forget your patience long before GOG came along, how you helped me get my Tex Murphy games to work. L4ls a lot of people never respond or do not offer help when dummies (like me) come crawling for help. I can't often help others (though I would love to when they've gotten frustrated. I can relate) I've gotten farther in the game because you pointed me to the video walkthrough and I saw what to look for (the red arrows) and fumbled my way out of that jamb and to the other survivors who have taken Clementine in with the dog bite she suffered.
My problem now is, I didn't know the keystrokes (since I can't find info on them anywhere) and asked at the Walking Dead page on facebook what the keystrokes are to get her to stitch up her own arm (!) I saw her do it on the walkthrough. A person told me it was ALT + F4. I'm dumb, but not an idiot, and was worried what this could do to my progress in the game and/or my PC. The person said their screen name was Sum Ting Wong.

#942855 - 03/02/14 04:02 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

It's very nice of you to remember all that, BubbaJake. I remember we got Ripper running in DOSBox too. It was fun. thumbsup

I'm sure there's a learning curve with games like The Walking Dead - I hope you can get the hang of it and enjoy the game. smile

#942876 - 03/02/14 06:22 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Bubba, Alt+F4 closes your game. That guy was a jerk, but you can pretty much figure that out by the name. Is there not a manual file anywhere?

I hate when basic info like that is not included. luck

Edit: Does This Link help you with getting her arm stitched at all?

Edited by looney4labs (03/02/14 06:33 PM)

#943133 - 03/04/14 08:10 AM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: Marian]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

YES, Ripper did run ONLY with your help! I also used what you taught me to get Under A Killing Moon to run as well. In my opinion, you are nothing but awesome! I mean that with all my heart. I'm sad I can't remember the woman who put me in touch with you, though! She knows who she is, and I'm grateful to her as well.

#943135 - 03/04/14 08:19 AM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: looney4labs]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Thank you so much! I never played season 1, but each season is MOSTLY stand alone games. I couldn't find or get help from TellTtale or the game itself. So many people are having problems with this (including those who played season 1 that SOMEBODY put this walkthrough out. It seems to cover even more than her stitching her arm up. I just want help with keystrokes and not decision making. Thank you for pointing me to this!

L4Ls, that page was great for people who hadn't gotten quite as far as I have, but they assume you know what they mean when they say things like "move the analog button ' and 'action button' etc. I have truly 'FUMBLED' my way through this game, often pressing EVERY BUTTON available. I don't even know how to 'QUIT' the game properly and found the Windows button works fine for me, since I cannot save. The game saves at certain points, automatically, so I just click the Windows button after I see 'SAVING' to stop at those points. Nothing worked so I had used Control/ Alt/ delete! Thank you anyway, you have been a huge help.

Edited by BubbaJake (03/04/14 08:41 AM)

#943314 - 03/05/14 11:46 AM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Bubba, I know exactly what you mean when you say the writer's assume you know certain things that you don't. I have that happen to me all the time. luck

#943353 - 03/05/14 03:16 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

what can we do? When you ask for help sometimes people get insulting. Though they are thought of as adventure games,these games aren't as intuitive as the adventure games we grew up or are used to playing.

#943529 - 03/06/14 02:58 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks anyway, Marian and L4Ls. I most likely won't finish this game and definitely WON'T buy episode 3. I don't mind puzzles that frustrate me, but keystrokes and no help from those who know all about the game just don't excite me in a good way.

#943531 - 03/06/14 03:11 PM Re: The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode 2 - 'A House Divided' Trailer and Release Date [Re: BubbaJake]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

I understand about the struggle with the interface; it would be the same way for me. Good for you for trying it out, though. wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (Koala, luv2travel, Pandora, CanukDenis, Jenny100, Draclvr, BrownEyedTigre, GuybrushThreepwood, Lex, 1 invisible), 78 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Newest Members
RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957, ctillis
8497 Registered Users