GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#942323 - 02/28/14 04:37 AM stop script
petjo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: southampton ,England
Not a game problem I know but wonder if an expert can help ---I keep getting "running long script" messages and I have to keep having to stop them -- becoming very annoying.--any suggestions please as to how to prevent this happening -- I am using windows 8 and a quite new computer so It should not be clogging up.--thanks ---Petjo

#942337 - 02/28/14 06:11 AM Re: stop script [Re: petjo]
mj2c Offline
Settled Boomer

Try Firefox?

#942349 - 02/28/14 08:17 AM Re: stop script [Re: petjo]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I found a couple of possible solutions.
The one from ***askmefast*** says
Originally Posted By: Pochie2009
Scripts if not properly or compatible with your system will make hangups. If you can no longer access the anything in your computer system, better reboot it first. Afterwards, stop yourself from accessing that site for the meantime and install the necessary plugins that that site needed. If you can post the exact address of that site so I can visit it and check what is causing it the better.

You can use mozilla firefox (safe mode) or internet explorer (safe mode) for the meantime to access that site and prevent any hangups on your site. Be sure the browser/s you will use is in Safe Mode.

The other one from ***Microsoft answers*** says
Originally Posted By: BasithM
I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it works for you.

Method 1:
Try the steps provided in the following Microsoft Support article to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

Method 2:
Try the steps provided in the following Microsoft Help article and check.

Is Internet Explorer slow? 5 things to try:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...ost-performance
Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

#942762 - 03/02/14 06:11 AM Re: stop script [Re: petjo]
petjo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: southampton ,England
Thanks Jenny for your usual good suggestions -- I will give them a try.
Thanks , also, to MJ2C for your interest -- I haven't got Firefox but if all else fails I will maybe download---regards --Petjo

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Marian, kjos, Pandora, robert gray, Barb, Rushes, curly, jimrh69, GBC, 1 invisible), 91 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
JoyBunBun, Cabb, Veilant, tookiebgirl12, Adam_B
8543 Registered Users