GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Taking pics of games when I'm playing them #943934
03/09/14 04:45 AM
03/09/14 04:45 AM
Plymouth, Devon,UK
G
gruffy Offline OP
Settled Boomer
gruffy  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
G

Plymouth, Devon,UK
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place for this but here I go!
When I'm playing a game I'm trying to get a picture of my gameplay eg the lost crown. I know there's a button I need to click called print screen on the key board but I'm not sure what to do after that!

If you want trouble, get yourself a redhead!
Re: Taking pics of games when I'm playing them [Re: gruffy] #943947
03/09/14 08:48 AM
03/09/14 08:48 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

This is Ana's post on casual forum's instruction on how to take screenshots:

If you are stuck looking for an impossible HOG item that is too tiny to see here is a tip to ease your frustration.

1. Take a screenshot and zoom in.

a. Open Paint - click on start/all programs/accessories/Paint (you can access by alt-tab while most games are running, just remember the timer will still run)

b. Open the screen in the game that you want to copy.

c. Click the Prnt Scn button on your keyboard (Located in the upper right)

d. Close game if it's timed or Alt/Tab to the paint program and click on Edit/Paste

e. Select the magnifying glass on the left to enlarge the photo and use the scroll bars to move around. I prefer saving the photo to the desktop and closing Paint and then reopening the photo with Windows fax Viewer and zooming in and out with the scroll wheel on the mouse. Use whatever method that works for you.

Re: Taking pics of games when I'm playing them [Re: gruffy] #943958
03/09/14 10:04 AM
03/09/14 10:04 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
If you happen to be using Windows 8, all you have to do is press the Windows key and Printscreen. The screenshot will be saved as a .jpg file in a folder named Screenshots. Windows 8 has eliminated the need to import into Paint and all the other steps.

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: Taking pics of games when I'm playing them [Re: gruffy] #944090
03/10/14 08:11 AM
03/10/14 08:11 AM
Plymouth, Devon,UK
G
gruffy Offline OP
Settled Boomer
gruffy  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
G

Plymouth, Devon,UK
Thanks everyone for your help! Ive got the printscreen working and have saved a pic of my gameplay on the desktop!

Re: Taking pics of games when I'm playing them [Re: gruffy] #944101
03/10/14 09:54 AM
03/10/14 09:54 AM
M
mj2c Offline
Addicted Boomer
mj2c  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

You could also use a program like Fraps which allows you to record your gameplay as well as take single shots. It can also display the framerate your game is running at.

Re: Taking pics of games when I'm playing them [Re: gruffy] #944111
03/10/14 10:52 AM
03/10/14 10:52 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
If you want to take a LOT of pictures during your game, I'd recommend 3rd party software like the ***Fraps*** mj2c mentioned. It's a lot more convenient when you are collecting dozens of pictures. If you only want a few screenshots, then the built-in Windows option is probably good enough.

The age of the game may enter into it. I was never able to get screenshots of 256 color games like "Armed and Delirious" using the built-in Windows software. It may work better playing the games windowed inside a VM (haven't tried it), but I'd get black screens for screenshots using the Print-Screen-and-paste-in-paint method for 256 color games run full screen. And there are some fairly recent games where I can't get screenshots from cut scenes using Print-Screen-and-paste-in-Paint.

Re: Taking pics of games when I'm playing them [Re: Jenny100] #944239
03/11/14 08:05 AM
03/11/14 08:05 AM
Plymouth, Devon,UK
G
gruffy Offline OP
Settled Boomer
gruffy  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
G

Plymouth, Devon,UK
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
If you want to take a LOT of pictures during your game, I'd recommend 3rd party software like the ***Fraps*** mj2c mentioned. It's a lot more convenient when you are collecting dozens of pictures. If you only want a few screenshots, then the built-in Windows option is probably good enough.

The age of the game may enter into it. I was never able to get screenshots of 256 color games like "Armed and Delirious" using the built-in Windows software. It may work better playing the games windowed inside a VM (haven't tried it), but I'd get black screens for screenshots using the Print-Screen-and-paste-in-paint method for 256 color games run full screen. And there are some fairly recent games where I can't get screenshots from cut scenes using Print-Screen-and-paste-in-Paint.

Thanks Jenny, i shall give Fraps ago!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users