GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#946109 - 03/23/14 12:19 AM RPG games I'm anticipating
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lost in the Arizona Desert
I've been waiting for games that I think/hope will be out in the next few months. They are: Divinity Original Sin, Witcher 3, and Dragon Age Inquisition. I haven't read of a firm date for any of them but am really hoping that one of them will be out soon.

Anyone waiting for any other really good ones?

I'm presently struggling with Might & Magic X and, although it's not a favorite, it keeps me on my toes. I'm learning slowly.

Funny I don't remember being absent minded.

John

#946113 - 03/23/14 12:27 AM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
Marian Online   content
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Unfortunately, I just read a few days ago that the Witcher 3 release date has been pushed back to February 2015. Hopefully the other two you mentioned will be released this year. wave

#946114 - 03/23/14 12:27 AM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Learning is good, Oldman. I'm waiting the Diablo 3 expansion which comes out Tuesday. I'm hoping we get to track down and dispatch a very bad person from the previous story. wave

#946166 - 03/23/14 12:14 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
Ewil02 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Connecticut

Divinity Original Sin is available on Steam (early access alpha). It looks like it's got some bugs to be worked out, but most of the comments were favorable for the current version.

#946241 - 03/23/14 06:02 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: West Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I am also starting a list of titles for my new gaming laptop, which should be here sometime in the next few weeks yay (I hope, anyway. Delivery date? Unknown. I ordered it from Dell. Dell has abysmal customer service. rolleyes Things take forever, and then your order gets cancelled for no apparent reason and you have to start all over again. I think I do finally now have an actual computer on order, but it took an open threat to contact Head Office to ask why their sales and service staff were making it impossible for me to spend my $5,000.00 at Dell) hardwall hardwall hardwall hardwall hardwall .

#946245 - 03/23/14 06:18 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Awwww, Hagatha, I feel your pain. Most companies have abysmal customer service these days. When I find one with decent service, I cling, and advertise well for them. luck

#946249 - 03/23/14 06:40 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Yes, I do that, too. Good service deserve accolades.

But I have also learned to write a bad review or post negative comments on forums where needed. Dell does have a customer service forum, and on it I hammered them pretty hard. I wasn't surprised to see other people having the exact same problems I experienced. After I posted there, and contacted someone higher up in the food chain by email, advising them to pull up their socks or risk me writing to the CEO, I got a phone call and it sounds like I got some action. If that is true, then I can soften my comments on the forum.

The laptop is an Alienware 18" with upgraded everything. Should be screaming fast.

#946258 - 03/23/14 08:37 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I hope you get it soon and that you love it! wave

#946266 - 03/23/14 09:13 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
ipad_Lover Offline
Settled Boomer

I'm getting Conception 2 day one - it looks really good.

#946290 - 03/23/14 11:32 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

When does it release?

#946353 - 03/24/14 10:22 AM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hagatha, my twin, you did it again. I got the same laptop as you, same price, completely upgraded (except 17") three years ago. It is still screaming fast. I got Windows 7.

#946368 - 03/24/14 12:18 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rowan, so odd. Did we perhaps know each other when I lived in Toronto 35 years ago?

Anyway, yes the GeekwareAlienware laptops look fabulous. This is a present from the Spousal Unit because he's buying himself a new $10,000 camera.

I haven't been playing much lately for one reason or another, but at least in part because my hardworking 18" Acer can't play some of the later games, though it still does pretty well. I finally reached the point where I really, truly, cannot stomach another game of BG2, and need to move forward a decade or so.

Edited by hagatha (03/24/14 12:19 PM)

#946376 - 03/24/14 02:23 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hagatha, how can two gamers ever meet each other when they are stuck in front of their computers never seeing the light of day? You could have been next door and I would never know it! lol

I'm playing Two Worlds II right now. It's Gothicky but not as good as that series but a decent enough time waster. I would try a Two Worlds III if one is ever made. I did check out a few TWIII sites but the dates are antique so I'm not sure if that is going anywhere.

#946381 - 03/24/14 03:49 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Rowan, it was only when I hit 40 that I discovered my inner geek. Back in the day I was a party girl. grin

I have Two Worlds 2, I think, and didn't quite connect with it. When the laptop arrives I'm going straight to the games I couldn't play before, like Witcher 2.

#946415 - 03/24/14 08:06 PM Re: RPG games I'm anticipating [Re: oldman]
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer

It was the 40s for me, too, hagatha. The coincidences are scary. scared Got my first computer in 1992.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (Mad, Darlene, GuybrushThreepwood, flotsam, auntiegram, Pokey), 49 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
LadyCarol, RibaSoma, Gey, Moonbat, kooker1957
8498 Registered Users