GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
New Computer - What to do with games on current computer #947262
03/29/14 07:16 PM
03/29/14 07:16 PM
New Zealand
blackbird Offline OP
Settled Boomer
blackbird  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

New Zealand

I'll be buying a new computer very soon, probably a desktop PC (not an all-in-one) with win7. Most of my games are downloaded from BigFish, MDNA, Frogwares or The Adventure Shop and I presume I need to uninstall them from my old computer and then what would be the procedure for downloading to a new one, if that's possible. thanks

Re: New Computer - What to do with games on current computer [Re: blackbird] #947265
03/29/14 07:45 PM
03/29/14 07:45 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
As far as I know there's a way to get your current games on your current pC (the old one) onto your new computer. It requires a cable and that you see a video (I think) on how to transfer the content from your now old computer onto the new computer, you're getting.

As you might now, I bought a new computer in August 2013. I had the shop where I bought the computer make, I think, it is called an image?, of the files of my old harddisk. And then I now have a map named Old Data - very handy, I find.

Anyway, there should be a way to transfer the data from your old computer onto the new one. And also, make sure you have your save files for each game saved onto a usb pen or an external hard drive. [Another way to back up your data].

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: New Computer - What to do with games on current computer [Re: blackbird] #947292
03/29/14 10:01 PM
03/29/14 10:01 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Unfortunately, you can't transfer games and programs from one computer to another. Files, photos, documents, yes... But anything that needs to actually be "installed" must be installed anew in order to create the proper registry entries.

Now, yes, you can make an image and move the image from one computer to another. But if you're going to a different operating system, then it won't work. You also would be transferring any problems that might be present from one system to another. I've done it, but it was from a pristine operating system to another hard drive.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, flotsam), 542 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users