GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#949258 - 04/09/14 09:21 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
WELL, I TOO just received my "code", as promised by GOG. So right now I am playing "Under A Killing Moon". ENJOY!
Sandy

#949276 - 04/10/14 12:08 AM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
plumgas Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Australia
http://store.steampowered.com/app/261510/

DEMO of tesla effect has now gone public

#949384 - 04/10/14 11:59 AM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: plumgas]
revco Offline
Shy Boomer

I'm playing the demo and it's all what I thought it would be. Different user interface but it seems to make sense once you start using it. Love it!

#949497 - 04/10/14 10:03 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
revco Offline
Shy Boomer

I played the demo twice...this is awesome!!!! Anyone else?

#949504 - 04/10/14 10:53 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks so much for the link to the DEMO, Plumgas. I just finished downloading it. WHOA! I'm playing it NOW, and the graphics are AWESOME on my WIN XP computer. So FAR, so GOOD. Now all I need is a walkthrough. Consider that a "HINT". LOL
Sandy

#949563 - 04/11/14 09:22 AM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
plumgas Offline
Settled Boomer

if you get stuck let me know but the help file does give you a lot of hints

#949564 - 04/11/14 09:57 AM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
As a backer who invested way more than she should have in this game, I am extremely disappointed that Big Finish made the demo available only to those who are willing to use Steam.
It seems as if devs these days only pay attention to those who will.
This is the last time I believe any of those promises about DRM free from a Kickstarter developer.
Steam IS a form of DRM - as someone on GOG's forum put it, a "walled garden of DRM".
Bah!

Gil.

#949615 - 04/11/14 04:15 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: traveler]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm getting confused again !!

I'm not bothered about the Demo myself as I rarely watch them but were the "Tex" backers given a choice of download venue on releases of the finished product ??

Or was that choice was only applicable to other Kickstarters.

I backed several around the same time and have to admit the details are pretty hazy now woozy

#949623 - 04/11/14 04:34 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
YOu will get a DRM version when the game is released, it does not state where choices are, just that you will get your own DRM free version of the completed game.

Ana wave

#949624 - 04/11/14 04:36 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks, BrownEyedTigre grin

#949629 - 04/11/14 04:49 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: plumgas]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Plumgas. There is now a video walkthrough on STEAM of the TEX Demo. The problem of using the "HELP" file in the game is that you "lose points" each time you access it------ but REALLY, WHO CARES? LOL
Sandy

BTW, I actually pre-ordered the full version from GOG.

#949665 - 04/11/14 11:55 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
plumgas Offline
Settled Boomer

traveller,

gog have the demo now but only to pre-purchase people as they don't have resources to put out the public demo.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bxt2177id19sa/Tesla_Demo

Edited by plumgas (04/12/14 07:23 PM)

#949670 - 04/12/14 01:28 AM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: plumgas]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
plumgas,

I am aware that someone in the GOG forums has made the demo available on mediafire with GOG's blessing because it is billed as a "public demo".
Big Finish could easily have provided a link to the "public demo" to backers in the email they sent us telling us it was available for download via Steam - which included a Steam link.
If, as they seem to believe, there are so few of us who object to using Steam and deserve that consideration, I doubt any server they used would be overburdened.

If this did anything, it reinforced my decision not to back any more Kickstarter games since I now know darn well Steam's DRM will creep in somewhere.
And yes, this is my personal choice and my personal reaction.
Maybe I'm wrong about it counting as much as anyone else's.
Could be, but I see Steam as doing their dead level best to get a stranglehold on digital games and I'm not going for it even though tons of others are perfectly happy with Steam.

Two G's is pretty big for a demo anyway so rather than dl the demo from mediafire, which was crawling down at around 400 kbps, I said to heck with it and watched Part 1 of 123Pazu's playthrough on YouTube.

Btw, your filecloud link goes nowhere.

Gil.

#949675 - 04/12/14 04:18 AM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
plumgas Offline
Settled Boomer

big finish gave the demo both to steam & gog & it was up to them to distribute they couldn't host it themselves. I believe gog have done the wrong thing by only added to pre-order purchases & not everyone. Big finish wasn't aware they did this.
steam put the demo up before big finish had a chance to post a link themselves. The did put a link up on their backers blog. I don't mind steam myself & you don't have be on line with steam to play the game all you do is go in off line mode. As far as DRM it is up to the developer whether they want DRM or not and It was a kickstarter promise of no DMR for backers anyway. I am sure if this is not possible then all the codes will be from gog only.

yes the demo link is a big file but then again is 2k video, 500mg bigger than the beta file but they have also included the launch video in the file.

#949714 - 04/12/14 02:05 PM Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information [Re: nolalou]
Brian Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Buffalo, NY USA
Originally Posted By: nolalou
wow, I've been out of the loop, I didn't know a new Tex Murphy is being released! I thought we'd never seem him back again. Can't wait!

You and me both! but then again I haven't been on these forums for quite some time.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (BobH, kjos, Karsten, Sherlock, Draclvr, InlandAZ, Ewil02, BrownEyedTigre, bermag45, luv2travel), 81 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users