GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#949452 - 04/10/14 06:20 PM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Count me in as one of the gamers who loved Riddle of the Sphinx and would jump at the chance of playing an updated version. However, I would much prefer a new, different, game (as long as it was 1st person) with all these updated ideas for your crowd funding Kickstarter and if all goes well a remake of ROTS after. At any rate welcome back and welcome back your passion for adventure gaming.

#949478 - 04/10/14 08:08 PM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: GreyFuss]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Definitely interested !! rah

#949484 - 04/10/14 08:31 PM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: GreyFuss]
jeff Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Moselle, MO 63077
Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Count me in as one of the gamers who loved Riddle of the Sphinx and would jump at the chance of playing an updated version. However, I would much prefer a new, different, game (as long as it was 1st person) with all these updated ideas for your crowd funding Kickstarter and if all goes well a remake of ROTS after. At any rate welcome back and welcome back your passion for adventure gaming.

Thanks, GreyFuss. One of the reasons it would be better for us to do ROTS 3D first is that we can spend time getting very familiar with the engine as most of the assets for Riddle already exist. Plus we can flesh out the details, puzzles, etc. for the next NEW game while finishing ROTS 3D. If you can wait until ROTS 3D is released, I think it will make for a much better, polished new game.

But I'm still listening. This is our thought at the moment. We have had a lot of interest in ROTS being updated and improved upon. Thanks for your feedback. We REALLY appreciate it!

Developer of Riddle of the Sphinx

#949532 - 04/11/14 05:35 AM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
fredaz Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Arizona
I just tried to play ROTS but stopped because the graphics were to problamatic to put up with. So if you want to rejuvinate the game My thanks go to you. I will buy a newer version when it becomes available.

#949534 - 04/11/14 05:52 AM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Marlborough USA
Jeff what exciting news! Riddle of the Sphinx and Omega Stone were an introduction to fantastic adventure games for me. I still have the original versions on disk and can still play them on my old XP computer.
My new computer is an iMac so I do hope there will be a version available for it.
Good Luck with redo of the games. wave

#949549 - 04/11/14 08:05 AM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: Kaki's Sister]
jeff Offline
Shy Boomer

Originally Posted By: Kaki's Sister
Jeff what exciting news! Riddle of the Sphinx and Omega Stone were an introduction to fantastic adventure games for me. I still have the original versions on disk and can still play them on my old XP computer.
My new computer is an iMac so I do hope there will be a version available for it.
Good Luck with redo of the games. wave

Thank you! Yes, the new version should play very well on your iMac. When you play the new real-time version you will be experiencing our mind's eye when we created the game. We're very excited about what the experience will be... for the first time, truly exploring these rooms as realistically as possible while still maintaining an enjoyable creative license.

#949551 - 04/11/14 08:16 AM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: fredaz]
jeff Offline
Shy Boomer

Originally Posted By: fredaz
I just tried to play ROTS but stopped because the graphics were to problamatic to put up with. So if you want to rejuvinate the game My thanks go to you. I will buy a newer version when it becomes available.

Fredaz, I sympathize with you. Depending upon which release you're playing, the graphics are not what they should be. The very first release was the highest quality. Then we had to compress further down for a future release. But even compared against the original release, these new graphics are simply stunning! I thought I might be burned out on it, but everything that made this exciting in the beginning is exciting me once again.

One of the points behind ROTS was to simply afford the player to play the part of an archaeologist truly discovering what plausibly could exist beyond what we know. We set out to make that happen. A lot of time was spent on the engineering behind how a room would be built or supported by columns, stone slabs, etc. I wanted it to feel "real" and yet, even then, the way the existing structures have been built is still somewhat a mystery. More like "amazing" to me. I'm sure we could've done better, but what we really wanted is now available.

Plus, there are two other components that didn't make it into the game, in addition to gameplay and puzzles. These are the background behind the other characters and the history significance of many of the objects you see and interact with in Riddle. We're thinking about including an educational mode where these objects can we identified and studied.

#949636 - 04/11/14 05:45 PM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
jfcwilson Offline
Settled Boomer

ROTS was the first adventure game I ever played. I think both a new game and a realtime version would be absolutely fantastic and I would be first in line to play. You have my support!

#949680 - 04/12/14 05:37 AM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

I'm happy to hear it will play on my iMac Jeff. I'll wait as long as it takes to play your wonderful games again! They are true adventure classics! Another new one would be fantastic too! Lots of Luck! thumbsup

#949699 - 04/12/14 11:09 AM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
Gamer Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Ohio,USA
Originally Posted By: jeff
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
I don't know about the realtime 3D part, but I'd like to be able to play Riddle of the Sphinx on a modern computer without needing an emulator or having the problem with the robot and the Queen's Chamber.

The trouble with realtime 3D in a first person game is that it gives some of us motion sickness. It would be nice to have an option for a point-and-click interface with fixed screens (like the original) as an optional alternative to the realtime 3d (moving) screens. Cyan (developer of Myst) did something similar with their 3D interface -- giving a point-and-click option. Scratches (though it wasn't a realtime 3D game) had an option to use either a fixed or panning mode.

Jenny, great input. Yes, we have already planned on offering a point-n-click simulated navigation. So that should solve the motion-sickness issue, while still allowing all of the real-time effects, interactivity, and effects.

Btw, the robot in the Queen's chamber will have an extended feature in the anniversary edition, if everything goes as planned.

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I would love an updated game, I am hesitant about 3D though because I do get nauseous with it.

Ana wave

Hi Ana! As I said to Jenny, we will have an option to point-n-click to move forward, etc, so it should solve this for many, while still affording all the eye candy of the real-time engine.

I agree with both Jenny and Ana's posts so am really glad we will have the option for the point and click. I loved both of those games but would not be able to do the 3D so thats great news. grin

#949720 - 04/12/14 03:02 PM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
judith Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Oh! that would be great. Your timing is wonderful, because I just tried to install ROTS yesterday, but it wouldn't work. Big Fish has the game for download, so I tried the demo of it, alas it wouldn't work either, so I will certainly be buying this. Thank you.

#949721 - 04/12/14 03:49 PM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: judith]
jeff Offline
Shy Boomer

Originally Posted By: judith
Oh! that would be great. Your timing is wonderful, because I just tried to install ROTS yesterday, but it wouldn't work. Big Fish has the game for download, so I tried the demo of it, alas it wouldn't work either, so I will certainly be buying this. Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble installing the old ROTS, but it's not a surprise. Thanks for your vote of confidence. We are close (days away) from launching now, and feel as though the overwhelming response is positive.

If you can hold on a little while, the new experience will outweigh what you would've played yesterday. Although the original was the best we could do at the time, my jaw keeps dropping at what we're able to do with the 15th anniversary real-time 3d edition!

Thanks again for your support... to all of you! laugh

#949776 - 04/13/14 05:19 AM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
Kaki's Sister Offline
Graduate Boomer

I'm holding Jeff as long as it takes. thumbsup

#949871 - 04/13/14 10:55 PM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Hicksville, NY USA
Hi Jeff,
I think it would be advisable for you to put out an actual DEMO of the updated game so we could all try it on our individual computers. That way, each of us would know if it WILL or if it WON'T work on our computers. I can tell you that if it runs on MY computer, I will be the first one on line to purchase it.
Sandy

#949955 - 04/14/14 11:46 AM Re: Riddle of the Sphinx real-time 3D - new level [Re: jeff]
Iurii Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
jeff, those are great news indeed, thanks a lot! "Riddle of the Sphinx" is one of my favorite games, and I am anxiously waiting for your Kickstarter campaign and for 'The Scroll' to be unrolled!

However, I am a little bit cautious about the ROTS 3D-remake. First, I am very fond of its Russian version (as well as that of 'Omega stone'), and I am afraid it would be too much to ask for a decent translation of the remake into many other languages.

And second, after playing the new Real Myst remake in Unity, well, I just went back to good old 2D Myst smile While Cyan did make an option to choose between 'free roaming' WASD and point-and-click interfaces, both ways of playing Unity-Myst were rather uncomfortable for me. I hope your remake would be better! Anyway, I still have the original Russian version of ROTS, and it runs just fine on my Windows 7 x64.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (granny, Rowan, bermag45, Marian, connie, curly, colpet, k28d13j11, safc, InlandAZ), 110 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ringo88mph, Amberdrop, binnykinz, scarend, JALind
8525 Registered Users