GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
CAROL REED? #949361
04/10/14 09:54 AM
04/10/14 09:54 AM
Northeast Pa.
S
SCOTTY Offline OP
Settled Boomer
SCOTTY  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Northeast Pa.
Hi All. Question. I have never played a Carol Reed game. I just finished the last 2 Nancy Drew games & want to move on to something different. I love Horror Adv. & was hoping ASYLUM or The Last Crown would be released by now but..... I have 5 free games on Big Fish & seen they have a few Carol Reed games available. Just wondering how they are. I like challenging puzzles & a darker type mystery. Would any of the C.R. games cure my fix? THANKS!!

Re: CAROL REED? [Re: SCOTTY] #949362
04/10/14 09:58 AM
04/10/14 09:58 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Big Fish does indeed have some Carol Reed games. For starters, why don't you download the trial version for Black Circle and see what you think. This way, you can try before you buy. wave

Re: CAROL REED? [Re: SCOTTY] #954526
05/07/14 05:25 AM
05/07/14 05:25 AM
Singleton, Australia
C
Callista Offline
Shy Boomer
Callista  Offline
Shy Boomer
C

Singleton, Australia
I have played every Carol Reed games, each with a completely new and original story. I have enjoyed every game in the series of 10 games, the latest being Bosch's Damnation. All the games have the same format about them but I never tire of playing the games. The puzzles are many and vary, with some being quite challenging. I have played some Nancy Drew games and they are nowhere in the same calibre as the Carol Reed games.

Another thing I love about the game is waiting to find out where the developer makes his cameo appearance. Mikael Nyqvist makes an appearance in most of the games, ranging from a cross dresser to a megalomaniac. Another cute guy, Bigge is also in all the games. I love his tattoos and beard. The characters in the game do have a real character about them.

The game also has a great inbuilt hint system in case you ever get stuck anywhere, If that doesn't help, there is always good old (young) MaG to help you out with her walkthroughs. I would suggest Scotty to play one of the games, Maybe Amber's Blood or Black Circle and see what you think. You will enjoy it more than Nancy Drew.

Re: CAROL REED? [Re: SCOTTY] #954825
05/08/14 11:46 AM
05/08/14 11:46 AM
C
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer
CountZero  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

Carol Reed, some of the most enjoyable and memorable games I have played.....

Re: CAROL REED? [Re: SCOTTY] #954845
05/08/14 01:42 PM
05/08/14 01:42 PM
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline
Settled Boomer

New Jersey Shore
You cannot go wrong with any Carol Reed game !! One of the best series of games published. Waiting for the next one !

It's not the years honey, it's the mileage!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 309 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users