GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#950041 - 04/14/14 08:48 PM Might and Magic Legacy
Rowan Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Canada
...is on sale on Steam.

I have never played any of this series so this is a first for me. I'll probably have many questions when I get started. I know there are a lot of fans of this series out there.

#950046 - 04/14/14 09:16 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
I hope you have fun with it. I have played Might and Magic 4 and 5 (World of Xeen), and Might and Magic 6. I thought they were very enjoyable. I'll look forward to hearing what you think of Legacy. wave

#950049 - 04/14/14 09:30 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: West Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I loved them all but especially MM7, and played it several times. I think I bought Legacy a while back. If it's anything like the earlier games it'll be blast, Rowan. They were great games. Lots of humour, decent "character" development, lots of freedom.

#950065 - 04/14/14 11:05 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Do let us know what you think when you start it luck

#950108 - 04/15/14 06:59 AM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Kayc Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Kentucky
wave Yes, please let us know! That's the only one I haven't played. I have 6 through 9 loaded on my computer, and so ready for another one! Might & Magic 6 and 7 are my favorite! luck

#950145 - 04/15/14 10:31 AM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Rowan Online   content
Addicted Boomer

I bought the deluxe edition of MMX and it included MM6. Does it matter which order I play the games?

#950147 - 04/15/14 10:42 AM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

No, it shouldn't matter; you don't need to play them in order. wave

#950200 - 04/15/14 02:22 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Karsten Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Denmark, Europe
RPGwatch has a rather informative review about the game, link:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=241

They like it very much, here a big chunk of the conclusion from the review:

Quote:
Overall, the game was fantastic, particularly for a budget title from a small developer. I had a blast playing the game and more than once found myself playing far longer than intended to do "just one more" map or quest. Limbic clearly has a passion for, and a deep understanding of, the factors that made the Might and Magic games classics. Throughout the development process, they listened to their core audience and actually made changes requested by the community. The game was released with no major bugs at all and even the trivial ones were promptly cleaned up via patch........ The game plays like a M&M game, with modern graphics and modern game mechanics (do we really pine for the days of needing graph paper to map, or even the days when there were in-game maps but they couldn't be annotated?). In a big callback to an easter egg from an earlier M&M game, there's a bonus dungeon that mimics the developer's offices.

And a quote about the riddles and puzzles:

Quote:
There's puzzles and riddles. There's a variety of monsters to kill and a varied world to kill them in. While the world isn't MM6-huge (very few games are, after all), it never feels small. There's character development out the wazoo. Simply put, Might and Magic Ten: Legacy can wear the Might and Magic mantle with pride, unlike that game released after MM8 which won't be named in polite company. Limbic got it right, folks. It's just plain fun to play. If you enjoyed the M&M series or the Wizardry series back in the day, quit dithering and buy the game. Trust me on this one.

A quote about if you need to have played the other MM games:

Quote:
There's no requirement to have previous experience with the M&M franchise. While I do think old farts such as yours truly will have a greater appreciation for the game and be able to glory in a heaping helping of nostalgia while playing, there's plenty for newcomers to like. The game stands up well on its own merits.

#950235 - 04/15/14 05:57 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks, Karsten, will you be playing?

#950349 - 04/16/14 11:19 AM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Karsten Online   content
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Denmark, Europe
No, not right now. I have a ton of games (litterally, I fear!); I have also have a ton of work to do, both for my job and at home.

#950369 - 04/16/14 12:43 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Rowan Online   content
Addicted Boomer

I've started Legacy. I'm enjoying it but am still at the point where I am getting used to the controls. I hope I made a strong enough party. I have a tank, another almost tank, an archer mage combo, and I'm a human with a little bit of everything.

#950390 - 04/16/14 02:33 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

I usually have a cleric type who can wield a mace to Mastery or GM (cant remember if GM is possible). Clerics and mages have quite different specializations and the GM spells for each are amazing, depending on which path you take.

Actually, I might start up a game, since the new Thief is meh and I'm still stuck in Witcher.

Edited by hagatha (04/16/14 02:34 PM)

#950405 - 04/16/14 03:26 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Rowan Online   content
Addicted Boomer

I've got a Barbarian orc with a two-handed mace, a Druid elf with a bow, a Defender dwarf a sword and shield, and I'm a Mercenary human with a bow and sword. All of us except the barbarian have at least one spell to fall back on. So far I'm surviving, sometimes barely.

#950412 - 04/16/14 03:50 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
Marian Offline
Graduate Boomer

Sounds like fun, Rowan. Keep us posted about your progress. "Barely surviving" describes me very well in most RPGs. lol

#950414 - 04/16/14 03:52 PM Re: Might and Magic Legacy [Re: Rowan]
hagatha Offline
Addicted Boomer

Argh. Again with the problems. For some reason I can't log in to Ubisoft/Uplay. It keeps telling me my internet connection doesn't work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  looney4labs 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
15 registered (Jenny100, BrownEyedTigre, Karsten, manxman, chrissie, Mad, Draclvr, mel22odie, Homer6, Chief), 86 Guests and 131 Spiders online.
Newest Members
123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl, Shelley1966
8417 Registered Users