GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
H.P. Lovecraft Inspired U55 - END OF THE LINE Update - FundedByMe Now Live! #950474
04/16/14 09:26 PM
04/16/14 09:26 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline OP
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London, UK
After an unsuccessful campaign on Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/u55/u55-end-of-the-line

U55 - End of the Line is back for another round of financing on FundedByMe:

https://www.fundedbyme.com/en/campaign/3681/u55-end-of-the-line-3

But wait, this sounds so much better than Kickstarter. If I understand correctly, you get your money back within 4 years plus interests, and then you continue to make profits on all their projects during that time, and you get the game for free on top of it.

Please tell me if I am wrong here, but this is really how it should be for all these campaigns we contribute to. Can you imagine, making profits out of this while getting the game free?

FundedByMe is a Swedish company, for now it is only opened to German companies but investors are worldwide. I really hope this will become the new norm and eclipse Kickstarter.

Quote:
Effective Evolutions says:

Dear backer,

First of all thank you again for your support during our initial Kickstarter campaign.

This endeavour is a huge adventure for us and we really appreciate all the support you and our community have given us. All the feedback and all the positive words have meant a lot to us as a team and have strengthened our belief that yes, our game does hit a nerve! You guys getting so excited about the game really meant the world to us, we can’t stress that enough.

Throughout the last couple of months things had become rather quiet around the project, as we were busy trying to find a publisher who would take us on. Sadly the gaming industry does not look benevolently upon young teams looking to think outside the box and create a truly unique gaming experience for our players!

Luckily for us this was when we were approached by FundedByMe, a Swedish crowd investment platform who were just about to launch their platform internationally.

Unlike Kickstarter, which uses a purely reward- based funding model, FundedByMe offers different types of funding, which make investing into a project even more compelling.

So, now we are proud to present you guys with our new campaign on FundedByMe, which you can find
RIGHT HERE if you simply follow THIS LINK:

We decided to go for a loan-based campaign, which basically means that you give us your support in the form of a loan which will be returned to you after the end of the funding period which, in our case, is 48 months. In addition you are entitled to a yearly interest of 1.5% on the amount you decided to loan. Also you receive 3.20% profit not just from U55, but other games Effective Evolutions may be working on in the meantime. And most importantly: All our supporters will get the game as a digital download on Steam FOR FREE. The minimum loan is 50Euros, which is roughly 69USD.

To sum it up:

For an investment of minimum 69USD (50EUR) you get:

- The game as a free digital download on Steam
- 1.5% yearly interest on your investment for the duration of 48 months
- 3.2% profit share on ALL of Effective Evolutions’ projects within that time period
- Your Investment back after 48months

Sound like a deal?

FOLLOW THIS LINK:

If you want to continue supporting us, please share the link with your friends and visit us on

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/U55game
or
Twitter: https://twitter.com/teamU55

Please feel free to send us an email with feedback or any additional questions you might have.

We thank you for your continued support and wish you all the best,

Team U55.

And here is a bit more information about the game itself which looks just wonderful. There was a question on Gameboomers during the first campaign about if this was truly an adventure, and perhaps we will need to investigate this. However you have no weapon, you are only armed with your mobile phone, so, how action-like can it be?

Quote:
U55- END OF THE LINE is an episodic first person horror survival adventure set in the Berlin subway. Players take on the role of the survivor of a train crash who finds himself lost and alone in the dark as the world around him slowly descents into madness. Armed with only their smartphone and their own sharp wits, players have to find a way to survive and make their way out of the subway system. Surrounded by darkness, players soon find that they are not entirely alone and the shadows crawl with chaos incarnate.

I welcome your thoughts?

Re: H.P. Lovecraft Inspired U55 - END OF THE LINE Update - FundedByMe Now Live! [Re: rmt] #950478
04/16/14 09:38 PM
04/16/14 09:38 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
No offense, but if you talk to other developers who have had successful funding and released their game, I
m pretty sure there isn't much money left to reimburse all those that contributed with interest. It sounds to me that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: H.P. Lovecraft Inspired U55 - END OF THE LINE Update - FundedByMe Now Live! [Re: rmt] #950482
04/16/14 09:47 PM
04/16/14 09:47 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline OP
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London, UK
I thought about that Ana, I must admit. However after looking at how professional this game looks, I have a feeling they could easily turn it into quite a success financially, and so I feel they must think it is worth it (in their case).

Also, it is an answer to the critics of Kickstarter where it is all crowd funded, then suddenly Facebook comes along and snatch that company for 2 billion dollars. I can understand why backers could feel cheated:

Quote:
What does the Oculus Rift backlash tell us? Facebook just isn't cool

Facebook's buyout of the virtual reality company has been greeted with derision, and not just among the Kickstarter backers

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/27/oculus-rift-facebook-buy-out-kickstarter

In the case of Effective Evolutions, they went for the loan-based crowd funding option, and there is no telling if the backers would get profits if Facebook were to show up and buy them out (likely not I would imagine).

Ideally to make it more interesting for backers it would need to be Equity crowd funding. Then actually their finance campaign might be worth investing into and guarantee their success? I would certainly invest more if I knew I had shares in the company I am giving money to. Just my thoughts...

These are the 3 options opened to developers on FundedByMe:

Quote:
What is equity crowdfunding?

Funding a company by selling a large number of small shares or equity to investors who receive shares. Equity crowdfunding investors are entitled to dividends from future revenues and receive a share of the value when shares are sold.

What is loan-based crowdfunding?

Funding a company by offering yearly interest in exchange for a loan to many lenders. Loan crowdfunding lenders are entitled to a yearly interest and, depending on the company and the terms they offer, may also be entitled share of the company’s profit.

What is reward-based crowd funding?

Funding a campaign by garnering the financial support of many small backers who receive a reward in exchange for early-stage backing. Reward-based crowdfunding does not reward investors with company ownership.

You will note that Effective Evolutions could have gone for reward-based crowd funding, just like a normal Kickstarter campaign. I suspect that if they went for the loan-based option, it is probably because they thought it would invite more backing.

So, I guess it always depends on what the developers wish to offer compared with how likely they are to be successful in their campaign in attracting backers/investors.

If I wanted to start a company tomorrow morning, I would proceed with a loan from a bank that would need to be reimbursed. So I guess this is no different.

Re: H.P. Lovecraft Inspired U55 - END OF THE LINE Update - FundedByMe Now Live! [Re: rmt] #950492
04/16/14 10:15 PM
04/16/14 10:15 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
It will be interesting to see! I wish them well.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: H.P. Lovecraft Inspired U55 - END OF THE LINE Update - FundedByMe Now Live! [Re: rmt] #961410
06/09/14 03:45 PM
06/09/14 03:45 PM
London, UK
rmt Offline OP
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

London, UK
Quote:

We were successful! Thanks to all!

The FBM campaign is successful but not yet completed. You can support us until tomorrow.

U55 - End of the Line

They raised €37,644 from a goal of €32,000 loan.
This is great news, FundedByMe works after all.

Re: H.P. Lovecraft Inspired U55 - END OF THE LINE Update - FundedByMe Now Live! [Re: rmt] #961413
06/09/14 03:50 PM
06/09/14 03:50 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Good for them! I hope it works out for everyone involved.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (soot), 294 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users