GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#952328 - 04/26/14 12:04 AM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: ipad_Lover]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
Yep, Adventure Gamers gave it a (slightly qualified) glowing review.
I think the reviewer was wrong about a few things, like Lady Piermont's voice, and to my mind something was off with Pearl although Duane was as cute and nuts as ever but even with that awful Tabula puzzle and Nico's once again having little to do, Part 2 completely redeemed Revolution for me.
When I've let the game settle awhile, I'll go back and play it in its entirety, trying not to dread that awful makeup puzzle and the song that really grated on my ears and just let the beauty of the graphics wash over me.
IMO Revolution did an amazing job of bringing back the world of BS1 and 2, and while 5 is not quite as good, IMO, it's a worthy successor to the first two.
Rolf Saxon hasn't lost his touch either.

Gil.

#952384 - 04/26/14 10:42 AM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: chrissie]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: chrissie
Thanks traveler for your interesting comments on the game! I will definitely be buying the game as soon as Part 2 is released but it's useful to have some warning about the shortfalls! smile

As always, it's a matter of "personal opinion" but I felt the game had very few shortfalls. I enjoyed it very much thumbsup

#952505 - 04/26/14 06:43 PM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
That's interesting.
Both you and chrissie said "shortfalls".
It's "shortcomings" around here.
Is this a British thing?

Anyhoo, as you'll see in the post above yours, Part 2 almost made up for everything, IMO.

Gil.

#952637 - 04/27/14 01:00 PM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: traveler]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Yes, "shortcomings" is the word I would have chosen too but I just re-used what chrissie said lol

#952854 - 04/28/14 02:09 PM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: Mad]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
lol

According to my dictionary (Collins):

'shortcoming' - a failing , defect or deficiency.

'shortfall' - 1. a failure to meet a goal or a requirement. (It doesn't matter about 2!)

Well both words fit! grin

EDIT
I've just finished Part 1 of the game & just loved it! - it was everything I hoped the game would be... so far!

I thought the 'shortcomings' were pretty minor like 'drags' in dialogue & after clicking on 'actions' before anything happened, also I agree that there were a couple of voice actors whose accents weren't perfect e.g. Nico's but they're just nit-picks which really didn't spoil my enjoyment of the game. N.B. I'm no expert but I think Hobbs' accent is UK Yorkshire?

I liked the pacing of the story also the humour although possibly some of it is essentially English which doesn't translate too well & not appreciated by all English people either!

I liked the character of Navet with aspects of Inspector Clousseau but without the charisma & less funny but he still made me laugh!

I really liked the puzzles ranging between easy to a little more challenging & thought the make-up one, silly or not, was a lot of fun!

I'm now about to start Part 2 happydance

Edited by chrissie (05/01/14 06:50 AM)

#958791 - 05/27/14 06:26 AM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: traveler]
ipad_Lover Offline
Settled Boomer

No game is perfect, but I enjoyed Broken Sword 5, it is one of my favorites of the series.

This review as well as others does paint the picture well and this game deserves the positive reviews it has received.

#960274 - 06/03/14 05:07 PM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: traveler]
HeavenlyJoy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: usa
I cant remember, does Broken Sword 5 have Action in it? parts where actions need to be completed quickly or you die?
thanks Marcia

#960403 - 06/04/14 11:02 AM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Online   content
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Marcia, I haven't played it so will wait for someone who has to give you the definitive answer.

#960404 - 06/04/14 11:24 AM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: traveler]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

Marcia,

No - there is none that I can remember. If I can do the game - anyone can. laugh

wave L4L.

#960569 - 06/05/14 07:10 AM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: traveler]
ipad_Lover Offline
Settled Boomer

I don't recall any action elements at all in BK5, just a regular point and click adventure game.

I loved it - best Broken Sword game for me and I have them all.

#960665 - 06/05/14 03:04 PM Re: Broken Sword 5 [Re: traveler]
looney4labs Online   content
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Thanks, MaG wave

Thanks, ipad_Lover puppy

Marcia, are you going for it?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  looney4labs, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
10 registered (Robert Gault, Donald, BrownEyedTigre, Pokey, CountZero, Draclvr, granny, Sherlock, looney4labs, Marian), 84 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Elentgirl, tiathyme, Mr_Underhill, Lani, Rachissa
8581 Registered Users