GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954705
05/07/14 09:31 PM
05/07/14 09:31 PM
Australia
P
plumgas Offline
Settled Boomer
plumgas  Offline
Settled Boomer
P

Australia
check out your folders in steam apps/ common/tesla effect it should about 16gb. if it only showing a small file it didn't download right.
Just uninstall the game & then redownload it.

IN reference to DRM....read big finish games statement

Ok folks, here is an UPDATE! Steam keys are on their way to the thousands of backers who were eligible for a download of the game. WE are working VERY hard to deliver all of these, so please be patient. We only very recently received the list of keys and our own email servers are distributing the emails to all the users. Thousands have already made it through, and thousands more are coming VERY soon! IMPORTANT: THIS GAME IS DRM FREE! When you upload a product to Steam, there is an option to select whether or not you want that game to use DRM, which we have NOT selected, which means you ONLY use Steam to Download the game. After which point THE GAME IS YOURS. If you don't like Steam you can close Steam, delete Steam, do whatever you want with Steam after you have downloaded Tesla Effect. I reiterate: THIS GAME IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE DRM FREE!

Last edited by plumgas; 05/07/14 09:34 PM.
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954706
05/07/14 09:36 PM
05/07/14 09:36 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
In case you all missed this afternoons update in the first post:

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

UPDATE for Kickstarter backers:Ok folks, here is an UPDATE! Steam keys are on their way to the thousands of backers who were eligible for a download of the game. WE are working VERY hard to deliver all of these, so please be patient. We only very recently received the list of keys and our own email servers are distributing the emails to all the users. Thousands have already made it through, and thousands more are coming VERY soon! IMPORTANT: THIS GAME IS DRM FREE! When you upload a product to Steam, there is an option to select whether or not you want that game to use DRM, which we have NOT selected, which means you ONLY use Steam to Download the game. After which point THE GAME IS YOURS. If you don't like Steam you can close Steam, delete Steam, do whatever you want with Steam after you have downloaded Tesla Effect. I reiterate: THIS GAME IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE DRM FREE!
Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954709
05/07/14 09:46 PM
05/07/14 09:46 PM
D
DaveHT Offline
Settled Boomer
DaveHT  Offline
Settled Boomer
D

It is absolutely amazing that another Tex Murphy game is now available!

Seeing the game's intro brings a flood of gaming memories from more than a decade ago. So few games with such a history can be said about this.

Looking forward to playing the game.

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: plumgas] #954712
05/07/14 10:08 PM
05/07/14 10:08 PM
Rivellon
T
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer
traveler  Offline
Addicted Boomer
T

Rivellon
Originally Posted By: plumgas

if any backers here are wondering why they didn't get GOG codes its because GOG couldn't supply them to big finish so they received them all from steam. Big finish wanted the backers all to have their keys at release time so the couldn't wait for GOG to find the time.

Oh, really?

JudasIscariot, the GOG forum liason, wrote this 15 hours ago:

"Just a quick FYI:

"GOG keys have been sent out to Atlus/Big Finish and we hope that all the backers will be seeing them ASAP. Please keep in mind that there is a huge difference in time zones and that's why it looks like the GOG keys were delayed :)"

Seems GOG could find the time after all.
Whatever happened, it wasn't on GOG's end.

Gil.

"Best not to think about it. I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought."
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954713
05/07/14 10:38 PM
05/07/14 10:38 PM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

My Telsa Effect project is almost done. Soon I get to play the game

Step one--------Download twelve files from GOG=Three hours. During which I mowed my third of an acre lawn and ate dinner.
Step two--------Watch the intro and make a save. Opening graphics are great.
Step three------Find where they hid the bloody saves.

Public Service announcement to hopefully prevent Boomers from pulling out their hair. Save location is at,
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Big Finish Games\Telsa Effect\ Game player name.

Note it is not under my documents but the folder above named local settings

Step Four------Copy to backup external drive====almost ten minutes
Step Five------Burn to two double layer DVD's as 8X burning speed= nearly an hour.

Almost forgot the fifteen minute install time.

At last I know where the saves are: got the lawn mowed: ate dinner: backed up to external drive and disc: and now just maybe I can play the game.

Last edited by oldmariner; 05/07/14 10:58 PM.
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: oldmariner] #954714
05/07/14 10:42 PM
05/07/14 10:42 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Very helpful to know where the save games are found. I enjoyed reading about your day. grin

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954718
05/07/14 10:55 PM
05/07/14 10:55 PM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Marian, I just hope the game lasts at least as long as my taking from 3pm to almost 8pm in prep time.

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: plumgas] #954719
05/07/14 10:58 PM
05/07/14 10:58 PM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: plumgas
check out your folders in steam apps/ common/tesla effect it should about 16gb. if it only showing a small file it didn't download right.
Just uninstall the game & then redownload it.

Yep there it is in the Steam App file and over 16GB just like you said Plumgas, thank you very much. However I have copied that whole file to a flash drive and installed it on another computer and it won't run. This isn't the Forum to discuss this issue so I will leave it here. I have no problem playing it with Steam and I know I will have a DRM free disk once my Boxed Edition arrives. Thanks for being a great Tex Murphy fan for all these years.

"Don't Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful...There Are Many Other Reasons!"
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: oldmariner] #954721
05/07/14 11:28 PM
05/07/14 11:28 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: oldmariner
Marian, I just hope the game lasts at least as long as my taking from 3pm to almost 8pm in prep time.

One reviewer said it took him 16 hours to play through the game, so take heart. There are also some different paths you can take through the game, I believe, and a few different endings, so it sounds like there is replay value as well. wave

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954722
05/07/14 11:31 PM
05/07/14 11:31 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I guess I am lucky, it only took me an hour. lol

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: kjos] #954724
05/07/14 11:44 PM
05/07/14 11:44 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Hi Richard,
First go to the link that Marian has provided to us (on Page 2 of this thread) Click on that link, and you will see a page about SUPPORT for this game. On the left, you will see the word "solution". Under this word you will see a LINK. Click on that link, and you will now have access to the game download. It took about one and three quarter hours to complete the download (using the GOG Downloader). The installation took over an hour.
I am now playing the game. All I (we) need now is a "You know what" from Mag. Is this a HINT? Of COURSE it is. LOL Enjoy!
Sandy

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954846
05/08/14 01:45 PM
05/08/14 01:45 PM
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline
Settled Boomer

New Jersey Shore
I got mine today - it's been sitting on the shelf at GOG since it became available for purchase! Very anxious to get playing it.

It's not the years honey, it's the mileage!
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954874
05/08/14 04:48 PM
05/08/14 04:48 PM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
Would you guys believe I am still downloading the game? My ISP is extremely slow and to top it off, the service went down for 4 hours. I have 3 GB left to go. My fingers are crossed. I hope the files didn't get corrupted in the downloading snafu.

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954879
05/08/14 05:13 PM
05/08/14 05:13 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Hi, fellow "TEX" players,
In my case, I didn't have enough room on my hard drive for this game, but fortunately I have an EXTERNAL Hard Drive, so there it went. I'm playing it now. The movements and the audio are a little "choppy, but I realize that the game requires a LOT of resources, but I can live with that UNTIL I get another computer. I'm playing it on my "ancient" WIN XP machine, and I'm happy to have it "work" at ALL. Enjoy the game, everybody.
Sandy

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954883
05/08/14 05:34 PM
05/08/14 05:34 PM
Texas
Melia Offline
Addicted Boomer
Melia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
A lot of us haven't been able to get the game on GOG because we don't have activation keys for that website....only for Steam. The ones that are able to get GOG keys had the beta version of the game and it transferred over to the GOG free download. We're hoping that we'll get GOG keys. The latest news is from the backers' forum: "According to GOG they sent out codes for those who weren't part of the beta yesterday to publisher ATLUS. But at one point BFG mentioned "no plans for delivering GOG codes" so thats why people are anxiously waiting on further word from BFG. Here's hoping it all gets resolved soon! ATLUS needs to pick up the slack, it seems GOG has already completed their end (converting beta accounts to retail and sending codes out to the publisher). It just requires ATLUS to distribute the codes now or BFG to get in touch with ATLUS to pass the codes onto the backers."

Last edited by Melia; 05/08/14 05:37 PM.

The four food groups: Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate and HOT chocolate.
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: Debra] #954887
05/08/14 05:49 PM
05/08/14 05:49 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: Debra
Would you guys believe I am still downloading the game? My ISP is extremely slow and to top it off, the service went down for 4 hours. I have 3 GB left to go. My fingers are crossed. I hope the files didn't get corrupted in the downloading snafu.

I feel your pain. My download took 7 hours and when it was done, I was missing a .bin file - I managed to download that separately, though (another 20 minutes), and the game then installed successfully. Fingers crossed that you won't have to start over again. wave

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: Marian] #954889
05/08/14 06:21 PM
05/08/14 06:21 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
S
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer
Susie07  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Marian!

My download also took 7 hours, and the only other game I would do that for is a new Gabriel Knight lol ! I have one casual game left to finish, so I'll probably start playing "Tesla Effect" on the weekend.

I'll see you in the "Hints" section grin !

Susan

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: Susie07] #954890
05/08/14 06:22 PM
05/08/14 06:22 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I hope you enjoy the game, Susan. I've been too busy to start it yet, but hopefully it will be pretty soon. happydance

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: Melia] #954892
05/08/14 06:40 PM
05/08/14 06:40 PM
Rivellon
T
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer
traveler  Offline
Addicted Boomer
T

Rivellon
Originally Posted By: Melia
A lot of us haven't been able to get the game on GOG because we don't have activation keys for that website....only for Steam. The ones that are able to get GOG keys had the beta version of the game and it transferred over to the GOG free download. We're hoping that we'll get GOG keys. The latest news is from the backers' forum: "According to GOG they sent out codes for those who weren't part of the beta yesterday to publisher ATLUS. But at one point BFG mentioned "no plans for delivering GOG codes" so thats why people are anxiously waiting on further word from BFG. Here's hoping it all gets resolved soon! ATLUS needs to pick up the slack, it seems GOG has already completed their end (converting beta accounts to retail and sending codes out to the publisher). It just requires ATLUS to distribute the codes now or BFG to get in touch with ATLUS to pass the codes onto the backers."

Melia,

I'll bet you didn't get that info from a representative of Big Finish Games.
The last time I went to the backers' forum an hour or so ago, Big Finish had yet to say one word about their broken promise to supply an alternate to Steam.
They were not talking; they were simply ignoring angry, unhappy backers. though they said they would offer that alternative, not once, but several times.

If backers are comfortable with Steam and don't mind using it, fine.
Some seem to be so desperate to play Tesla Effect that they'll use the Steam portal, happy about it or not.
But Big Finish's attitude so far toward those of us who refuse to use Steam seems to be pretty much that of one forum member who said that if we didn't like it, "Tough (bleep)".

We also paid for the game to be made when Big Finish came begging on Kickstarter.
We'd never have done it if downloading from Steam was mandatory.
Yet now, we're being treated like unreasonable jerks for having no intention of asking plaintively, "How high?" when told we have to jump through Steam's hoops to get near this game.

Big Finish managed to find out what size T-shirts upper tiers wanted or what color their fedoras should be.
They asked how names should be listed in the credits and that had to happen well before the game was released.
But they couldn't ask which code individual backers wanted...put a check mark beside GOG, Humble Bundle, Steam or Whoever... and arrange for them before releasing the game to everyone?

If I could scrub my name off the backers who are credited with helping fund the game, I would.
I've given my "DRM free" Steam key away to a very nice guy on the GOG forum who loves GOG but "doesn't mind" Steam.
Well, at least he's happy.
I sure as the devil am not.

Gil.

"Best not to think about it. I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought."
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: traveler] #954907
05/08/14 08:39 PM
05/08/14 08:39 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I, too, was sent a "Steam" download code, so I emailed Big Finish Games - and granted I did get an immediate reply.
BUT despite more emails sent and answered it is very evident that I am NOT going to be sent a code I can use at Gog.

This was the latest reply I received :
_________________________________________________________________________________________

While many people like and use Steam, we understand that some would prefer to use other game portals like GOG.
But I do not have any GOG codes to distribute, and I’m not aware of any plans to distribute GOG codes in the future.
This isn’t a reflection on GOG.
The game is DRM free. Once downloaded, Steam is no longer required. Steam does not need to be running or even installed to play the game.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

So. It's Steam or nothin' !! Which I find very disappointing duh

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954912
05/08/14 08:58 PM
05/08/14 08:58 PM
Texas
Melia Offline
Addicted Boomer
Melia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
I'm as frustrated as all of you, too. I sent a couple of emails to Steve at the BFG forum. One reply was that they want to use Steam. No mention of our preferences. All of my Tex games are on GoG and I prefer them.

Last edited by Melia; 05/08/14 08:59 PM.

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954922
05/08/14 09:27 PM
05/08/14 09:27 PM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

It appears that buying a pre-order from GOG rather than pledging at Kickstarter, which I almost did, was the right thing to do.

After reading GOG sent keys to the company it creates a public relations problem that magnifies having unintended consequences. Not only does Big Finish suffer a backlash from customers but people will think twice about promises made when developers go to Kickstarter hat in hand.

I was expecting a GOG KEY from the Kickstarter funding of Dreamfall. When they requested backing one of their stated sites was GOG. I assumed if that is the case I'd be able to obtain the game at GOG. I found out that may not happen. It was reenforced one assumes nothing.

During my e-mail exchange with Humble over not getting my download e-mail authorization for the Blackwell game, it took forty-eight hours of repeated e-mails and replies I finally got a key. The problem was I received a Steam Key for The Longest Journey, Dreamfall Chapters, to be released in the future, not the Blackwell.

Humble to their credit finally provided a Steam Key and DRM free Blackwell Download. Steam's key could be ignored at Humble. When asked about the Longest Journey I was advised it will work the same way as Blackwell. They are or will be the distributor of Dreamfall Chapters. That was the first I heard about that. Don't count on getting a GOG Key for that game either, though they will be likely selling the game.

What does all this teach me? Don't back any game presented to you at Kickstarter. Fortunately, Humble is doing it right. You can either DL the game DRM free from them or use the Steam Key. At least you have a choice.

If I accept what is written here, the folks at Big Finish are not following through with promises made when they asked for gamers support. Leading me back to an unwillingness to jump in when Kickstarter presents a pledge week. Because of this Kickstarter in their own best interest should apply some pressure insisting BF provide those GOG Keys. By the time that happens it'll likely be too late.

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954942
05/08/14 10:36 PM
05/08/14 10:36 PM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

This game is

"Don't Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful...There Are Many Other Reasons!"
Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954946
05/08/14 10:51 PM
05/08/14 10:51 PM
Texas
Melia Offline
Addicted Boomer
Melia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
Oldmariner, you said, "You can either DL the game DRM free from the (Humble) or use the Steam key." If I used the Steam key and went to Humble to get the game, would it be DRM free? (I'm almost ready to just buy the game from GOG.)

Re: Tesla Effect Now Available DRM Free on Steam and GoG [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #954948
05/08/14 10:56 PM
05/08/14 10:56 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Glad you are enjoying it Greyfuss! yay

Don't feed the Trolls
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (flotsam), 539 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users