GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#95566 - 09/16/02 09:16 PM Re: Astronomica - Build a Rocket
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Jema -- Yes, I do remember searching through a lot of folders. 300 or so sounds about right (I was really desperate). You're right, I must have searched for them on the CD -- now that I think about it, the game didn't take up that much space on the hard drive.

Did you ever play the Astronomy trivia game that is separate from the Quest game? I had a nice time with that too.

P.S. -- after you had finished, did you think the game was worth the troubles it gave you? What did you think of it as an educational tool?

#95567 - 09/16/02 11:31 PM Re: Astronomica - Build a Rocket
Jema Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Virginia
Becky - When I was having to start at the beginning over and over, I thought the trivia game would be a welcome change. Wish I'd had a 9-year old by my side because, oh boy, did I feel stupid! My frustration level had already been surpassed, so I decided to try that another day.

I think it would be a good educational tool if at least a hint were provided on how to restore the game to a point before you get wiped out.

Now, do I think the game was worth the trouble? I have mixed feelings about that. Of all the puzzles I completed I enjoyed all but one part of Dangers in Deep Space - the Bright White Light where you have to set Life Support, Shields, and Thrust each to a different level. I had more trouble with that than even with the end sequence.

Like you, I also enjoyed the humor - there were times I laughed out loud.

The thing I disliked the most was having to listen to the explanation again if I didn't solve the puzzle. On the ones like the one above that meant over and over and I'd think OMG, if only I could bypass you!

Got to get off of here - been here too long reading posts on the Game Dissussion Board.

wave Jema

#95568 - 02/26/03 02:48 PM Re: Astronomica - Build a Rocket
Jema Offline
Adept Boomer

Update.

When I posted my original plea for help here, I also posted a similar one on Mr. Bill's forum. After almost 3 weeks and no response, I decided no one there had played the game and stopped checking. Yesterday I decided to check Mr. Bill's forum again to see if anyone had ever responded and, lo and behold, someone did with a link to his/her walkthrough. After reading the section on Create a Rocket, did I ever feel dumb!

Anyhow, I reloaded the game and played through the 2 puzzles in that exhibit. What was my problem and the solution?

SPOILER
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

I had assumed that I could either build a rocket with just a base and a nose or one with a base, middle section, and nose. It never occurred to me I could have more than one middle section.

END OF SPOILER
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

At least now I know there was nothing wrong with the CD, the game, QT, or my computer - it was simply "pilot error."

Like Bristol's visiting old lady, it seems Jenny's ID Ten T error is also making the rounds. lol

wave Jema

#95570 - 05/06/03 08:41 PM Re: Astronomica - Build a Rocket
ST Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Churchville PA USA
Hi all,

I have all but three puzzles finished and can't seem to find anymore. I found the telescope one which seemed to be the best hidden. Any ideas?

#95571 - 05/06/03 11:30 PM Re: Astronomica - Build a Rocket
Jema Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi Scott,

This is a list of all the puzzles you have to complete before you can do the final exhibit - Build a Universe.

Lobby: Where in the Universe

Exploratorium 1st floor:

Create an Aurora and Atmospheric Phenomena
Build a Rocket and Plot a Course
Planetary Pinball and Create a Ring
Dangers of Deep Space and Where Am I?

Exploratorium 2nd floor:

Create a Star and Spaceship Earth
Create an Eclipse and Types of Eclipses
Backwards Time Viewer and Time Dilation
Identify the Constellations and Observatories of the World

Planetarium: 8 Arcade Puzzles

Through the library: Build a Telescope

If you've completed all of those, then you can do the final exhibit. It's on the 1st floor of the Exploratorium. Look for the room that has a panorama of the constellations on the wall facing you when you enter.

I would suggest you save Gamestat this time before you do the puzzle.

wave Jema

#95572 - 05/06/03 11:47 PM Re: Astronomica - Build a Rocket
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jema, thanks for your help. Could you do us one more favor, and post the link to that walkthrough so that if someone else has trouble we'll know where to look for answers?

And I surely wish they had finished Archeaologica, that sounds like it would be right up my alley... frown

#95573 - 05/07/03 12:29 AM Re: Astronomica - Build a Rocket
Jema Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi Jenny,

The walkthrough is here

http://home.earthlink.net/~jlewis1000/astronomica.html

I just checked and it still works.

One thing: Some of the settings he/she has in the puzzle solutions are not the same as those I had used prior to reading the walkthrough. I know those I used worked for me, but I can't speak for those in the walkthrough.

Quote:
And I surely wish they had finished Archeaologica, that sounds like it would be right up my alley...
Me, too.

Hope you're feeling better.

wave Jema

#95575 - 05/07/03 06:53 AM Re: Astronomica - Build a Rocket
Jema Offline
Adept Boomer

Quote:
And I wonder if those puzzles that differed from your solution could be random ones...
Jenny, possibly but I don't think so. If you exit the game, when you restart it's resumed exactly where you were when you exited. On the other hand, if you fail to do or incorrectly do a certain thing, it's possible to be wiped out and then game's over and you have to start over at the very beginning.

Before I figured out where and how the game kept track of my progress, the times I got wiped out and had to begin over, the solutions I used the first time worked all the other times. And that wasn't because the game stores those solutions because, if you get wiped out, the game's Gamestat file is reset to the beginning.

If the settings on the puzzles in the walkthrough that differ from mine also work, one possible answer is on some of the puzzles the game allows more than one correct choice.

wave Jema

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (Kaki's Sister, mj2c, ViktorTheBoar, scampy, Butcher, cailyn), 65 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet
8567 Registered Users