GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95849
01/07/04 10:17 PM
01/07/04 10:17 PM
USA
Rillbug Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Rillbug  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

USA
Got my fireflies and found the generator...activated the lever...opened door but there are no buoys in that room. The only buoys I see are stacked up right after I enter the first room , where I jumped across under the falls. You got my buoys? How about a hint then????

Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95850
01/07/04 10:21 PM
01/07/04 10:21 PM
Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
minkimal Offline
Settled Boomer
minkimal  Offline
Settled Boomer

Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
Try looking to see if there is any other way out of that last room (the one with no buoys).

minkimal
Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95851
01/10/04 12:24 AM
01/10/04 12:24 AM
USA
Rillbug Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Rillbug  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

USA
I took the path up the edge of the mountain, but if I jump across the stream, my fireflies leave. When I get to the top, I am in a dark room, and just stumble around.

This game has become very frustrating to me, but I am bound and determined to finish it, even if I have to get a W/t and go line by line.

Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95852
01/10/04 01:09 AM
01/10/04 01:09 AM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

I haven't gotten there myself yet, but from what others have said, I think you need to kick something into the stream to jump on--that will keep the fireflies with you....

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95853
01/10/04 04:01 AM
01/10/04 04:01 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Rillbug -- here's a quote from Bert Jamin's Uru walkthrough. It starts just after you've brought the fireflies into the dark part of the lower cavern after walking across the first bouy:

[quote]At the end of the tunnel you'll find another generator room. Switch it on by pressing the lid. Turn to the right and pull the lever next to the door. Enter the next room. Here you'll find another two buoys. [quote]

Hope this helps.

Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95854
01/10/04 08:17 PM
01/10/04 08:17 PM
USA
Rillbug Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Rillbug  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

USA
After you enter the room through the raised gate you walk through the waterfall and go to your left. (There went the fireflies) Continue left to the second water fall. Walk into the water fall and there's the room behind the falls and the buoys. Push the buoys into the water and over the edge. Jump down and place them where you first enter by jumping behind the waterfall. After placing the buoys, test them to see if you can walk on them. It make take a little more adjustment.

Thanks again everybody.

Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95855
02/11/04 06:30 PM
02/11/04 06:30 PM
Arizona
C
charward2 Offline
Settled Boomer
charward2  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

Arizona
I have the first buoy in place but I can't walk across it without getting wet. Do I find the other two and add them to this one. The message above sounds like they are placed somewhere else. I haven't managed the fireflies yet because I can't walk across one buoy. Help please

Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95856
02/11/04 06:35 PM
02/11/04 06:35 PM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Charward2 -- have you actually tried going across the buoy with fireflies to see if it works? If you just test the buoy without fireflies, it looks as though you do get your feet wet, but in reality if the buoy is properly placed and if you walk across the middle of it, you don't get wet enough to discourage the fireflies.

You won't know for sure that it hasn't worked until you actually try to walk across with the fireflies in tow.

Hope this helps.

Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95857
02/12/04 04:49 PM
02/12/04 04:49 PM
Aussiemystic Offline
Settled Boomer
Aussiemystic  Offline
Settled Boomer

To clarify, there are two places where you have to walk across buoys. The fireflies will tolerate you jumping once, but not twice.

The first buoy needs to be placed in the narrowest part of the outlet stream from the lake, near a large bone protruding from the far bank. I put mine with the lengthwise axis of the buoy running in the same direction to the stream. When I walk over it it rolls slightly underfoot and there is a slight splash sound but it doesn't register that I have gone through water. You then have to use your one jump across the pool to the right of the lower waterfall in order to get into the cave.

When you have found the two extra buoys, they need to be placed in the location where you originally did your jump. I usually place one parallel to the direction of travel, and one perpendicular, so that they form a 'T'. I find this wedges them better and they are less likely to move underfoot. Even so they occasionally slip around. Again, you occasionally hear a slight splash but this is normally OK. You can then get some more fireflies, come back, and use your one jump on the narrow ledge over the top stream.

Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95858
02/12/04 05:57 PM
02/12/04 05:57 PM
New Hampshire
SuMac Offline
Addicted Boomer
SuMac  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New Hampshire
And it doesn't mattter if you lose them walking throught the waterfall on the upper level, because by then you should have lit all the lanterns, and are able to find you way back out again.

Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95859
04/01/04 11:57 AM
04/01/04 11:57 AM
Oregon
rockingrjranch Offline
Settled Boomer
rockingrjranch  Offline
Settled Boomer

Oregon
Getting through the first cave, I think. Hope I am in the right thread. I am trying to get through the first cave and did not pick up the fire flys. According to the walkthrough there is a generator at the right side which is in the open and I turned on. When I try and go through the cave it is pitch dark and I get to the other side without finding the other generator or the buoy. Any ideas?

Nancy
While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, thousands of pixels were inconvenienced. smile
Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95860
04/01/04 05:10 PM
04/01/04 05:10 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

You need to get one of the bouys and place it in the narrow stream, so that you can walk across it. Then get some fireflies--you will loose half of them when you jump into the cave, but there will be enough left to let you find that second generator.

Btw, when you come back with the fireflies, be careful not to step into the steam of one of the geysers--that will shoo them away...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Uru-Eder Kemo..buoys #95861
04/01/04 05:50 PM
04/01/04 05:50 PM
Aussiemystic Offline
Settled Boomer
Aussiemystic  Offline
Settled Boomer

rockingrjranch, you do need the fireflies to find your way through. The route in the dark cave diverges - one part goes onto a narrow ledge, but there is also a door that needs to be opened that leads in a different direction.

Follow Jenny's instructions for getting your fireflies. Once you get them and get into the dark part of the cave, you will find another lamp near the door that you can switch on which will provide plenty of light. The cave with the second and third buoys is through this door.

If you are still trying to find the first buoy - it isn't really a buoy, really more of a fish trap/lobster pot type thing. The first one is in the first cave you get into, behind the waterfall, sitting behind the 'column' that separates the two mouths of the cave.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 245 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users