GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
SCHIZM--CD version #96071
05/15/02 08:46 AM
05/15/02 08:46 AM
Georgia USA
D
DocPaul Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
DocPaul  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
D

Georgia USA
Hi gang,
I am now deeply embroiled in Schizm. I am Sam and I am going back to Hannah's original location. I have obtained (via a walkthrough) the location of the 3rd set of coordinates for Hannah's ship, but went back to her original location as Sam. According to the walkthrough (which I hope to dispense with soon!), I am supposed to meet a man who speaks to me after I go up a ramp. That did not happen. I will try it again tonight after work, but could I have forgotten something or missed a step somewhere, so that the appearance of this man is not triggered? Thanks.
Paul

Re: SCHIZM--CD version #96072
05/15/02 10:28 AM
05/15/02 10:28 AM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Doc Paul,

I could be wrong, (darn short term memory losses) But I think the man only appears to Hannah. Try going back as Hannah. She and Sam can be in the exact same spot even though they can't see each other.

Oh wait - do you mean the ramp that takes you to the plant with the gauge? The problem for me is I am not sure at what point in the game you are. Have you been to the temple and seen the priest who holds up one finger? Where are you exactly in the game?

Laura

Re: SCHIZM--CD version #96073
05/15/02 11:34 AM
05/15/02 11:34 AM
Georgia USA
D
DocPaul Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
DocPaul  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
D

Georgia USA
The easiest way for me to explain where I am in the game is by reference to MaGTRO's walkthrough here at the GB site. I am at the point where the heading says:

Living Ships - Temple - Living Ships - Sam

Boy, this makes it sound like I am playing this game strictly from the walkthrough! Actually, I have had no problems as Hannah. It has been the puzzles that Sam has had to solve so far that have made me lose most of what is left of what I call hair on my head and consult a walkthrough to help with the difficult ones.

Laura, I will check out going to see the man as Hannah.

Thanks, Paul

Re: SCHIZM--CD version #96074
05/15/02 11:58 AM
05/15/02 11:58 AM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
Hi there, Doc....Playing as Sam: If you solved the prayer wheels, or "grinder" puzzle, in the Temple and got the green lens and put it in the head of the cat statue and got the new coordinates, you should be able to go back to the original island where Hannah came down in her pod, and meet the man coming out of his house. He should give you some information about exchanging oil for pearl, "I am to offer you precious oil in return for pearls. One unit of oil for one pearl."

No problem at all in having to use a walkthrough, at least from time to time, in play SCHIZM. Its a very difficult game. wink
You might also check out Soren Anderson's SCHIZM walkthrough, if you haven't already. It might help you fill in the blanks and expand your perspective a bit. wink

Love, Witchen =O) smile

Re: SCHIZM--CD version #96075
05/15/02 02:21 PM
05/15/02 02:21 PM
Georgia USA
D
DocPaul Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
DocPaul  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
D

Georgia USA
Witchen, What you have described is exactly where I am in the game. The problem is, the man has not appeared. Perhaps I have not followed the exact sequence of steps to get him to appear. I will try again tonight. I just hope I have not missed something else earlier in the game that is affecting his appearance. Thanks.
Paul

Re: SCHIZM--CD version #96076
05/15/02 03:32 PM
05/15/02 03:32 PM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
Did you click on the 9 on the left wall in the monk's room in the temple. Think this triggers the appearance of guy coming out of the house.

Never resist a generous impulse.
Re: SCHIZM--CD version #96077
05/16/02 07:47 AM
05/16/02 07:47 AM
Georgia USA
D
DocPaul Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
DocPaul  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
D

Georgia USA
Well, clicking the 9 appears to have done it. I was surprised that there is no hot spot there, though. Perhaps that's why I did not do it in the first place. Talked to the man, got some oil. Now, gotta figure out what to do with it. went back to the room in the temple with the 9 and the bee and a man greeted me and held up one finger. I will figure it all out sooner or later.
Thanks for your help all.
Paul

Re: SCHIZM--CD version #96078
05/16/02 10:22 AM
05/16/02 10:22 AM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
The old priest/scientist needs you to bring him something...... one for one. You'll be happily rewarded! happydance wink

Love, Witchen =O)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 253 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users