GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970655
07/30/14 11:20 AM
07/30/14 11:20 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I don't, Debra, but hopefully one of the other members will.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: Debra] #970701
07/30/14 02:59 PM
07/30/14 02:59 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Debra
I'm getting frustrated. If the team I'm fighting against is only one level above me, I usually can't win the fight. They have double the man power I do and at least one healer. I've got on the best armor/weapons I can find for me and the other three and I have two people who can heal, if they have enough action points left to do it. Does anyone have a link for a trainer that's free ('cause I can't afford the $100 life time membership to Cheat Happens) or God Mode? I'm using version the latest version 1.0.81 downloaded from GOG. I'd like to play the game and not bang my head against the wall trying to win a losing battle.

When I joined Cheat Happens I got a lifetime membership and it was only between 30 - 40 dollars at that time. They've gone up drastically. Too Bad. You could get a monthly membership for $14.95 but you may not want to pay that for just one game. The Trainer is super good though.

I have the instructions to give GodMode to your characters. If you'd like it email me and I'll send it to you.

Last edited by oldman; 07/30/14 03:07 PM. Reason: added information

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970781
07/31/14 06:51 AM
07/31/14 06:51 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
I have had much luck learning the cast cure wound spell. It instantly heals up to 300-400 point. Also, I have had excellent results learning the crushing fist spell. I have given everyone a level in waterbased spells. This means that they all can cast minor healing and restore healing healing spells both on themselves and on others. And I have had them all learn the ice shard spells. Also, fire and ice elementals work great againt multiple enemies. For fighers whirlwind and dustdevil spells/skills will be necessary to find these fights. Bleeding skills are nice, too - for your characters of course.

I have also invested in skills that let my characters heal crippled, bleed, stun or frozen status. Madora has a very nice skill called helping hand. Use this if one your characters ever are knocked down.

Also, what I do if I'm surrounded bu a larger group of enemies is this: Retract form the site, go as far back as my action points allows me to do. This forces the other side, the enemies, to use their action points to either reach me or use them for buffering, healing etc. And then I can summon spiders, air elementals or fire elementals.

And as said, you can teleport things, barrels etc. down on top of people. You can destroy barriers etc. And you need to think like a strategist. If you do this what will the opponent do. I have developed a strategy which works for me. Johan and Madora will be - for a while - in the back. Myself and Jahan will be pounding spells in the enemy. And then slowly, ever so slowly, will Johan and Madora advance forward.

If all else fails, try a fireball...

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970822
07/31/14 10:29 AM
07/31/14 10:29 AM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
Yes, Oldman please send me the instructions for god mode. Cheat Happens says you need the Life Time Membership to get their trainer which is the $100 version. I guess some people have money to burn, but I'm not one of them. I usually don't use trainers until after I've played the game through once, but this game is a head banger for me.
Karsten, my problem is that when I need to heal my characters, I'm out of action points and also, what looked like four enemies become ten as they come out of the woodwork. Then I get the message I'm too close to retreat. I keep trying, but I'd just like to enjoy playing the game without so much reload. I don't expect to win every battle the first time, but even doing all the side quests to gain XP doesn't seem to get me in a position to move toward the main quest goal. My team is a knight, Jahan, a witch, and a ranger/rogue hybrid all level 4 now. They ought to be able to do some damage. I don't mean to whine, but this is not like Baldur's Gate which was a real draw for me in purchasing the game.

Last edited by Debra; 07/31/14 10:32 AM.
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970881
07/31/14 03:59 PM
07/31/14 03:59 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Debra check your email. It is on the way.

Good luck

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970891
07/31/14 05:27 PM
07/31/14 05:27 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Hi Debra - sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'm enjoying the game. But I tend to get frustrated because there's no clearcut path to how you're supposed to play this game. Imo, this is both the game's greatest strength and its greatest weakness.

I play this game on easy. I tried to play it on the classic setting, but it is just so hard. And even on easy, I-m having diffulties. Also, did you know you can save your action points? You do not have to us them all in one turn (of the battle/fight). Also, I found out, via some info on the net, that you can indeed trade/barter with all people. And there's a vendor in Cyseal market close to the guy who sells paintings that you can buy healing potions from. I've used these a lot.

Also, it surprises me that you're only level 4...I'm currently level 14 ot 15. And you do know that you are free to go find the white witch and then are able to return to Cyseal once more, after you've found her. There's quite a few easy quests in Luculla Forest that'll help you level up a bit. Also, I wonder, have you been the to Lighthouse or the beach yet? or the Black Cove yet?

I had trouble with Evelyn and her minions. So what did I do - teleported away, of course. And came back later....

I also confess to use the internet a lot, especially the walkthrough form gamespressure seems great. It really covers everythig in the game...
If you already know about this, I apologize in advance.

GamesGlitch also has (a lot of) videowalkthroughs on youtube...these have helped me a lot too. link: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamezGlitchZ/videos

Especially if you're unsure where some npcs are or what precisely you have to do, this is great site. Also, you'll need a character with (relatively) high perception 5-8, I think, to be able to find some of the keys and entrances you'll neeed to find in order to finish both the sidequest and - alas - also - some of the quests in the main quest.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971004
08/01/14 09:52 AM
08/01/14 09:52 AM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
Thanks, Oldman. I will check it when my computer gets back from the shop. Karsten I've started over numerous times changing my team up after reading various articles. I have only made it to lvl 4 because of that, but that being said, finding quests I can do after that has been a slog. I have no idea about a white witch, but I have been to the lighthouse and that fight was easy. I too am playing on the Easy level and I have quite a few potions, but if you get in a pinch you can't drink them because of the AP system. I can see that for movement but not for potions. Maybe they will change that at some point.
Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but not the mechanics. The AP system needs to be changed a bit and I wouldn't even dream of playing this game on Normal.
Thanks for the video link. I will keep plugging away. I hate to let a game beat me.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971032
08/01/14 01:23 PM
08/01/14 01:23 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Hi Debra Sorry for your trouble. I'll try to hel as best as I can...

If you talk to Aureus or Arhu in the Legionaire's office, they'll point you towards that you need to find the white witch. Also, one of the main complaints I have regarding this game is that yóu need to guess which line of dialogue will take you to the xp reward for a certain quest. For instance, if you want to get new info about Jake's murde, you'll need to choose the option: Let's discuss Jake's murder. And then additionel info might pop up...

Here's the map from gamepressure, link: http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityoriginalsin/guide.asp?ID=25135

As you can see quests are scattered all over the place. Have you been to the cave where Arhus failed experiment is? You'll need to go through that cave in order to reach the northwestern part of the map.

I'll have to admit that witohout the help from the gamespressure walktrough, at least 2 german walkthrougs, posts in the Steam and Larian forums as well as the videos from Gamezglitch, I probably wouldn't have reached level 15...

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971492
08/04/14 02:04 PM
08/04/14 02:04 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
I am trying to finish off old quests that I have left in my journal. I am not finished the game yet but there are some fights ahead of me that are very difficult. Here is what I am trying to complete for now:

1) Where is Samson the lighthouse keeper? I have sent his Desdemona's ghost back to him but I don't know where to find the couple again. He is not at the lighthouse.

2) I am trying to finish the dark cove quests. I am in the room that exploded. I had died in the explosion but my team resurrected me. The picture on the wall got destroyed at the same time. There is a button on the floor which I have used but nothing happens. Where is the trap door that is supposed to appear?

BTW, the black ominous door can be smashed open. You just need a lot of time and infinite patience and the ability to repair weapons. You have to be later in the game when you have more powerful weapons.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971507
08/04/14 03:15 PM
08/04/14 03:15 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
"infinite patience" rotfl

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: Rowan] #971515
08/04/14 03:30 PM
08/04/14 03:30 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Rowan
I am trying to finish off old quests that I have left in my journal. I am not finished the game yet but there are some fights ahead of me that are very difficult. Here is what I am trying to complete for now:

1) Where is Samson the lighthouse keeper? I have sent his Desdemona's ghost back to him but I don't know where to find the couple again. He is not at the lighthouse.

2) I am trying to finish the dark cove quests. I am in the room that exploded. I had died in the explosion but my team resurrected me. The picture on the wall got destroyed at the same time. There is a button on the floor which I have used but nothing happens. Where is the trap door that is supposed to appear?

BTW, the black ominous door can be smashed open. You just need a lot of time and infinite patience and the ability to repair weapons. You have to be later in the game when you have more powerful weapons.

If you've already talked to both ghosts then they should both be in the cellar at the lighthouse. All you need to do is visit the cellar and you should find them there.

The entrance that you get from clicking on the switch behind the picture is located here just to the left of the door.
If the entrance is not available then you probably destroyed the switch in the fire.

There is a key to the Black Ominous door on the pirate ship.

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971570
08/04/14 10:42 PM
08/04/14 10:42 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
I believe that quest is not possible for me to finish. There is no trap door for me, so the switch doesn't work for me. I'll try to clean up some other quests. Does anyone know how to defeat the mud lords in the swamp? The first mud lord weakens my party which causes them to drop weapons and armor that they can no longer carry. After that it is a one way battle not in my favour. I fully feel Debra's frustration.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971681
08/05/14 11:33 AM
08/05/14 11:33 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Hi Rowan

Is this the svamp in the dark forest? I always found elementals helpfull; enemies tend to attack summoned elementals (and spiders) first. Also, if you have crushing fist, this helps a lot, too. A knocked down mud lord can't weaken you. I think, too, from what I understood that the people (for lack of a better word wink ) who has the most initiative will go first in the combat round. In a case like this, I would retreat.
(The spell Tactical Retreat works wonders as well). Also, I use Jahan's ability to teleport enemies away from the group. Work wonders - and as they say, the bigger they are, the harder they fall wink

If you experience a enemy that weakens you, I would go back as far as my action points allowed me to go. And have Jahan cast fireball, flare and blaze fire and ice shard as well. I think there's a spell? which cures weakness...

As for the combat, please think of the combat like a game of chess. Move your pieces around strategicalle as well as tactically...

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971705
08/05/14 01:47 PM
08/05/14 01:47 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
Thanks, Karsten, that is the swamp. For now I am avoiding the area until I gain a little more courage. I don't think there is a quest right in their spot but I do like to clean up areas of unwelcome residents. thumbsdown

Do you know how to stop the fireballs in the end of times/home location? Or is that the final quest?

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971712
08/05/14 02:40 PM
08/05/14 02:40 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Rowan you need to Clost the Rift

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971715
08/05/14 03:00 PM
08/05/14 03:00 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
As Oldman says you need to Close the Rift. The problem here is that only can damage the thing you'll need to attack - with a Tenebrium weapon. You can buy one at a certain shop in Sacred Stone. I found one after a certain quest was ended. You'll need to go through the windy desert (again). If you haven't been there yet, beware of the spiders and the spiders queen. You'll need to go beyond the Spider Queen and sort of in a diagonal line northeast (I think?) from the Spider Queen. When you reach two post with a bar across them, you're on the right way. And when you see a structure, you're definetely on the right way. Inside it is pretty straightforward... You'll need to find a mirror that transports you to the area where the thing you'll need to damage is. Gamezglitch has a very nice video walkthrough. I found it very helpfull smile
I had a difficult time finding out how to do this, but the video from Gamezglitch helped a great deal.

As for the game, I'm enjoying it, but to me, it seems like the team behind it just added more and more quests etc. as time did go by. There are certain quests I would have cut if I were the team behind this game. It is as if there wasn't a plan (I think) for how the game should be made. At least this is what I have been thinking of.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971732
08/05/14 04:52 PM
08/05/14 04:52 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
Thank you for the video link, oldman. I would never have figured out to go to that area to complete this mission. The journal entry just wasn't clear enough for me. If you're dealing with such vital issues as saving the world surely the game makers could have been a bit more specific.

Thanks for your input, Karsten. What I like about the game is the memory of Divine Divinity 1. The music in the game evokes that pleasant memory for me. However, I dislike the lack of direction and the incredibly difficult fights on easy level. Surely the players who like this can get their fill on the higher levels. Easy should make the game more playable for a wider range of playing abilities.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971922
08/06/14 08:51 PM
08/06/14 08:51 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
In King Boreas' treasury there is a coffin?/chest with strange runes on it. Every time I click on it I get a message to leave it alone. I've already killed everything in this location but this remains a puzzle. How or when do you open this chest?

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971988
08/07/14 08:41 AM
08/07/14 08:41 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Rowan, according to a post in the steam forums
Click to reveal..
Quote:
The runes are fairy runes. The orc librarian in Cyseal (mayors adopted daughter) sells you a book which enables you to translate those runes.

Hopefully that will help!

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971989
08/07/14 08:47 AM
08/07/14 08:47 AM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
Thank you, looney, I will check this out later. wave

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #971995
08/07/14 09:17 AM
08/07/14 09:17 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
luck

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #972036
08/07/14 12:34 PM
08/07/14 12:34 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
I've reached a point in the game where I cannot go on. I have found 11 stones. The 12th one is in the Black Cove mission that I cannot do because I did something the game didn't like and the trap door does not appear for me, so I cannot get the stone. Since there is so little direction in this game how is anyone to know that something is the wrong approach? I thought they wanted you to think outside the box to solve quests. The one time I did, it backfired. There are 2 other missing stones but I just don't feel like trecking through the game again, especially since I have forgotten where some of the locations are. I wish that important quest locations would be auto marked on the map. I don't think I will replay this game for a very long time.

One matter of curiosity for me: How does the golden grail boost armour stats? I have dragged the grail over my equipment and that orange bar indicates that something is being done, however, when I look at my armour afterwards it still looks the same.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #972039
08/07/14 01:01 PM
08/07/14 01:01 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Hi Rowan -

I found out last night thatyou can get a bloodstone if you destroy the Goblim Totem in the Goblin Village. I also found out that you'll need to use the bloodstones in order to get an inert stone.

Also, you can get a stone if you destroy the Iron Maiden in the courtyard where the Winter King was/is. (or thereabouts)

Also, have you done Maradino's quest yet. And did you remember to pick up the inert (blod) stone from Evelyn's house? in Cyseal? I didn't and had to go back to get it.
You can use the Rift travel to get around...

You can also get a stone here:
http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityoriginalsin/guide.asp?ID=25907

The location of the trap door:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/45350245242836551/?l=danish

I had a difficult time finding this as well. However, there is a trap door. It is in the corner close to a wall in the room with the painting. As you might know? you'll need to touch the painting, this will reveal the trap door. Also, if the trap door is revealed, you can always hack your way through it eith your weapons.

Here is the location of all the fourteen bloodstones:
http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityoriginalsin/guide.asp?ID=25142

Also, did you do the Forge of Souls Quest, link same as above.

Quote:
The fourteenth stone can be found in "Temple of Dead", by Cassandras grave. You will collect it during the "A Forge of Souls" quest.

edit:

I agree a lot with you, Rowan. This game doesn't give you any directions at all. And it is both the strength and the weakness of this game. I find the journal a mess - literally - normally you would have a tab for main quests and a tab for side quests. And there is nothing, no message in the journal, or from Zixxax, that tells you that you'll need to collect 12-14 bloodstones, or use them, to open portals at your Homestead.

I agree with you that it would be nice to have markers on the map for important quests. Or at least have a cartographer to tell you where the most important locations are i.e. the locations for the blood stones.

Last edited by Karsten; 08/07/14 01:11 PM. Reason: content added

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #972049
08/07/14 02:13 PM
08/07/14 02:13 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
Karsten, I did the quests mentioned except for the crabs vs skeletons. When I entered the room with the trap I couldn't reach anything because my telekinesis was low at that point. I moved off the spot and died. However, my team was outside and they resurrected me. Now the room was clear to explore. The painting was destroyed and I found the switch but nothing happens when I touch the switch. I don't think the game allowed for me to be resurrected. That somehow destroyed the quest but I didn't know that back when I did it. I never touched the painting but it got destroyed in the blast. Since this is a reasonably early quest I was wasting my time with the rest of the game. Thanks for all your effort to try to help. That is so kind of you.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #972050
08/07/14 02:23 PM
08/07/14 02:23 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Karsten.

Rowan, I guess going back to a save game would be too far back? Did you email the devs so they know. Sounds like a glitch, and a very nasty one at that.

-Roger Caras
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kaki's Sister), 248 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users