GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish #958458
05/25/14 09:57 AM
05/25/14 09:57 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
You can download The Secret Order: Ancient Times here.

To view the comments and access the link to the Collector's Edition click here.

Quote:

You have been summoned to the headquarters of the Order of the Griffin, but the place is in a state of chaos when you arrive. The artifacts you recovered in your last adventure have become unstable, breaking down reality and trapping your father! Now you must travel back in time to destroy the artifacts before the reaction destroys the world. Can you track down the mysterious kingdom where the artifacts were made and save the future from destruction? Hop aboard the Royal Griffin to find out in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle adventure game!

Check out our Blog walkthrough here.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #958477
05/25/14 11:56 AM
05/25/14 11:56 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you, Ana. wave

Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #958577
05/26/14 01:23 AM
05/26/14 01:23 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Thanks Ana. smile

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #958592
05/26/14 05:16 AM
05/26/14 05:16 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Looks good. Thanks Ana.

Gerry
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964012
06/23/14 07:29 AM
06/23/14 07:29 AM
Douglasville, GA, USA
MmeMoxie Offline
Junior Boomer
MmeMoxie  Offline
Junior Boomer

Douglasville, GA, USA
Just finished playing the second game, in this series ... The Secret Order: Masked Intent Collector's Edition. I can only say ... WOW!!! Awesome, game playing. I also, like that there are 3 different playing modes, in this one ... I played the Casual, which I prefer to play, but, there are two more very challenging play modes, for those who like it "hard" to play. I also, LOVED play the "Bonus Chapter", which was in the middle of the game!!! What a great surprise and pleasure, for me, but this Bonus Chapter is ONLY in the Collector's Edition. For me, it was WELL WORTH the extra money, to play that "Chapter."

I also, played the first game in this series ... The Secret Order: New Horizon. I really like the game, but, I felt it was lacking something. Oh, trust me, it gave me the great background on the whole of the Secret Order, so, that when I played the second game, I knew exactly, what was going on with the Secret Order. So, even though it seemed "lacking", all of that was well made up in the second game, The Secret Order: Masked Intent!!!

I will start playing the third game in this series ... The Secret Order: Ancient Times Collector's Edition. I honestly, HAD to take a break, after finishing "Masked Intent." I played for over 6 hours, at one setting and my bottom was sore!!! I had already played for over 4 hours, but, I had to stop to cook dinner. Mind you, all of these hours in the Casual Mode!!! Heavens, had I chosen one of the harder modes, I would still be play "Masked Intent."

So, for me ... The Secret Order games are wonderful to play and enjoy. Great challenges, even in the Casual Mode. Lots of "angles" to the storyline and hopefully, there will be many more, in this series. The storyline concept can certainly, allow lots of games.

Mickey aka MmeMoxie
~~~@~~@~~@~~~

Live - Love - Laugh
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: MmeMoxie] #964033
06/23/14 10:09 AM
06/23/14 10:09 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Originally Posted By: MmeMoxie
I also, LOVED play the "Bonus Chapter", which was in the middle of the game!!! What a great surprise and pleasure, for me, but this Bonus Chapter is ONLY in the Collector's Edition. For me, it was WELL WORTH the extra money, to play that "Chapter."

I'm confused at your statement. I wrote the strategy guide in the Collector's Edition for this game and the Bonus chapter is at the end of the game as always.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964035
06/23/14 10:13 AM
06/23/14 10:13 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
The bonus chapter was in the middle in The Secret Order: Masked Intent, I believe; MmeMoxie was discussing the entire series in her post. wave

Thanks for letting us know what you thought of the games. thumbsup

Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964040
06/23/14 10:31 AM
06/23/14 10:31 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Ohhhhh! I see now. I thought the review was for this game and I was confused. I just re-read it and understand. My bad. oops

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964078
06/23/14 01:40 PM
06/23/14 01:40 PM
Douglasville, GA, USA
MmeMoxie Offline
Junior Boomer
MmeMoxie  Offline
Junior Boomer

Douglasville, GA, USA
I forgot to mention, one aspect of the last two games in The Secret Order series, which was not an option, in the first game. The ability to play a Mahjong game, instead of doing a Mini-Puzzle/Game. Must admit, that's a first for me, in playing HOG with Mini-Puzzles and Mini-Games! I happen to LOVE Mahjong, but, chose not to play it, during the games.

Right now, I have started the third game, The Secret Order: Ancient Times. So far, so good. It seems just as good, as the second game.

BrownEyedTigre/Ana ... I am totally impressed, you wrote the Strategy Guide for The Secret Order: Ancient Times! I bow to those, who do this, so that those of us, who are having problems, know how to complete a Mini-Game or segment of the game, to advance in their game playing. <as she bows to an awesome person> thumbsup urock

wink I wrote about the whole series, since, I couldn't find any other reference to The Secret Order. I just thought, someone might like a "review" of the series, so they may try it out for themselves. I have been doing HOGs, since, about January or February 2006, when I purchased my first Hidden Object game, Mystery Case Files: Huntsville. I was hooked and have purchased dozens and dozens, since, that date. HOGs are my favorite games to play. happydance

Last edited by MmeMoxie; 06/23/14 01:47 PM.

Mickey aka MmeMoxie
~~~@~~@~~@~~~

Live - Love - Laugh
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964103
06/23/14 04:08 PM
06/23/14 04:08 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thank you Mickey, I hope the guide helps you if you need it. I have written over 200 for BigFish.
I hope that you like this one!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964362
06/24/14 05:39 PM
06/24/14 05:39 PM
Douglasville, GA, USA
MmeMoxie Offline
Junior Boomer
MmeMoxie  Offline
Junior Boomer

Douglasville, GA, USA
Ana, you are more than welcome. I just finished the third game, The Secret Order: Ancient Times and it was awesome, to say the least. I am hoping that Sunward Games are in the process of creating game four, in this series. Sarah just can't be left in Aeronheart. She has to come back home or be taken into the future, which would be awesome, in my book. I am still amazed, how you "solve the puzzles", especially the Sudoku type of puzzle!!! I hate the "math" puzzles, with a passion ... Math was never my subject, in school, either. I like some of the Sliding Puzzles, but, the ones in this game, with the "L" shape, was really hard to figure out and I thought to myself ... How does Ana do it??? Again, I am totally amazed, at what your mind can do. yes

I didn't need to use the Strategy Guide, the Hints were good enough, for directions. Also, after playing all three games, in a row, you understand basically, what to expect. Now, had there been lots of time between playing the games, in the series ... I do know, I would be using the Guide!!! Playing these kinds of games, it is so easy to get "confused."

Mickey aka MmeMoxie
~~~@~~@~~@~~~

Live - Love - Laugh
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964389
06/24/14 11:24 PM
06/24/14 11:24 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
So glad you enjoyed them!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #973152
08/13/14 05:22 PM
08/13/14 05:22 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I think I will go looking for Ancient Times soon. I am playing catch up, only having played one (Secret Order: Masked Intent), which I have not yet finished. Masked Intent is just marvelous, absolutely beautiful graphics, good background sounds and atmosphere, thoughtful, and with quite a variety of situations and locations. It is the usual secret society thing, and you need to find and replace a lost artifact to save the world, but that really is incidental. The mini-games are good, but could be harder. You don't really need the Game Guide, even playing on the hard setting (which I recommend; otherwise, the game is far too easy). It is pretty logical throughout, and employs interesting twists on inventory use and within the infrequent HOG scenes. I am enjoying interacting with the various people who populate the world, too. They come across as individuals, with private lives of their own, not the usual cardboard characters. I will look for other games in this series now.

Re: The Secret Order: Ancient Times - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Reenie] #973155
08/13/14 05:42 PM
08/13/14 05:42 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I played Masked Intent and thought it was very good. Thank you for that helpful description of the game, Reenie, and I'm glad you like it so much. thumbsup

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (BrownEyedTigre, Draclvr, 1 invisible), 259 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users