GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Wadjet Eye Games Will Release "A Golden Wake" PC Adventure This Fall #964665
06/26/14 01:46 PM
06/26/14 01:46 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Travel back to the Roaring Twenties in a point-and-click epic from indie developer Grundislav Games

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the screenshots here

Quote:
NEW YORK - June 26, 2014 - The Roaring Twenties: a bygone era of glitz, glamour, and promise. In Coral Gables -- a booming housing development near Miami, Florida -- the real estate market is taking off and even an ordinary guy like Alfie Banks has a chance to strike it rich. But with the mob on his back, the Great Depression on the horizon, and the Sunshine State's idyllic waterfront only a hurricane away from total devastation, Alfie's quest will not be an easy one in A Golden Wake, a new point-and-click adventure game coming to PC this fall.

Developed by Francisco Gonzalez of Grundislav Games (Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator) and published by indie powerhouse Wadjet Eye Games (Blackwell Epiphany, Resonance, Gemini Rue), A Golden Wake is a nostalgic adventure that spans two dramatic decades in American history. Set in the era of Gatsby with a plot that includes real people, locations, and events, A Golden Wake has story- and puzzle-driven gameplay, retro-styled pixel art, and a point-and-click interface reminiscent of classics like King's Quest and Monkey Island. Alfie's power of persuasion will play a unique role as he analyzes other characters' attitudes and weaknesses to figure out the best way to approach them.

"Having grown up in Miami, I wanted to tell the story of an era that's usually depicted in New York or Chicago," says A Golden Wake's designer Francisco Gonzalez of his decision to set a game during the Jazz Age. "Miami's land boom and bust during the 1920s and 1930s represents a fascinating slice of our recent history, and I was able to incorporate a lot of real people and events into the narrative of this everyman going after the American Dream."

"I first met Francisco in the early 2000s, back when we were both scrappy freeware developers. Since then, I've watched him move from strength to strength and I was so happy when he made the leap to commercial development. I feel very honored to be partnering up with him now," says Dave Gilbert, founder of Wadjet Eye Games. "As for A Golden Wake, I just love it. This game a fun, poignant romp through 1920s-era Miami that is both meticulously researched and perfectly relevant to our current times."

A Golden Wake will release in Q3 2014 as a PC download. View the new trailer, screenshots, and more game details at the official website: http://www.goldenwake.com

About Grundislav Games
Grundislav Games is Francisco Gonzalez, a New York-based indie developer of point-and-click adventure games. His games include the 8-part Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator series, which were released as freeware between 2004 and 2012. A Golden Wake is his first commercial endeavor, set to release as a PC download in the fall of 2014. Francisco is fond of setting games in real-world locations -- including Miami, where he's originally from. Learn more at the Grundislav Games website: http://www.grundislavgames.com

About Wadjet Eye Games
Founded in 2006, Wadjet Eye Games has developed a reputation for producing award winning and critically acclaimed adventure games. Committed to creating unique character-driven game experiences around recognizable brands, in 2010 Wadjet Eye expanded to support and publish games by other independent developers. The company's portfolio includes The Shivah and the Blackwell series, both of which have garnered Game Developers Choice nominations, Puzzle Bots, which was selected for the Penny Arcade Expo's PAX 10 showcase, IGF Student Showcase winner Gemini Rue, and the critically acclaimed Resonance. The company is run by husband and wife team Dave and Janet Gilbert out of their home in Brooklyn. For more information, visit http://www.wadjeteyegames.com.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Wadjet Eye Games Will Release "A Golden Wake" PC Adventure This Fall [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964666
06/26/14 01:49 PM
06/26/14 01:49 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Sounds good, Ana. Thanks! smile

Re: Wadjet Eye Games Will Release "A Golden Wake" PC Adventure This Fall [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964680
06/26/14 02:36 PM
06/26/14 02:36 PM
C
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer
CountZero  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

Great. I love period pieces like this....

Re: Wadjet Eye Games Will Release "A Golden Wake" PC Adventure This Fall [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964682
06/26/14 02:42 PM
06/26/14 02:42 PM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Thanks, Ana. smile

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Wadjet Eye Games Will Release "A Golden Wake" PC Adventure This Fall [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #964771
06/26/14 11:45 PM
06/26/14 11:45 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Looking real good, Ana. Thanks.
Sandy

Re: Wadjet Eye Games Will Release "A Golden Wake" PC Adventure This Fall [Re: sanford] #964797
06/27/14 05:14 AM
06/27/14 05:14 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks for that info, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Wadjet Eye Games Will Release "A Golden Wake" PC Adventure This Fall [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #965000
06/28/14 04:56 AM
06/28/14 04:56 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Looks great Ana. Thanks.

Gerry
Re: Wadjet Eye Games Will Release "A Golden Wake" PC Adventure This Fall [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #965010
06/28/14 08:50 AM
06/28/14 08:50 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Thanks Ana, looks very interesting.

Gail
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 326 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users