GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
F.A.C.E.S. #965107
06/28/14 01:25 PM
06/28/14 01:25 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Just curious who else has played this one? I just finished it. I chose it because it didn't have witches, zombies, werewolves or aliens in the character lineup. However, there ARE mutants. After all, how many game designers seem to be able to achieve a compelling plot line using normal human beings dealing with real life issues? LOL

The game is excellent in terms of conveying mood and setting, but unfortunately, it still features the mad-scientist-in-league-with-the-evil-military trope, so it is one of those games set in a decrepit research facility whose inmates have been kidnapped and tortured. The game play is longer than most, so if you like exploring creepy, dungeon-like places, you'll love it. Everything is broken, dirty and looks to have been thoroughly "tossed" by The Hulk prior to your arrival. The environment is restrictive if not outright dangerous. This actually makes sense in terms of all the stuff that must be "fixed" as part of the game dynamic. LOL You are alone all the time, except for when you find some inmate, locked behind an impressive vault-like door (pasted with warnings NOT to open the door under any circumstances!) who is asking to be released.

The game is too heavy on the HOG scenes for me, but if you play casual games for that, you'll love F.A.C.E.S. There is a lot of running back and forth, up and down in the elevator (once you fix it, and find all the floor buttons to access other floors), etc. It is clever and the mini-games are delicious. Some may find them too rigorous, but there is a Skip function for that. There are none of those Collectible or "morphing" things to gather; the game doesn't need any padding.

In the end, your job is to figure out how to escape, and save the other inmates if possible. You don't get the satisfaction of catching the bad guys, who apparently are long gone; sorry about that. The game has one of those endings-that-aren't-the-end, and I haven't played the bonus game yet, so I don't know whether the bonus game wraps it up or F.A.C.E.S. will have a sequel.

Re: F.A.C.E.S. [Re: Reenie] #965108
06/28/14 01:41 PM
06/28/14 01:41 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I played this a few years ago and it was quite interesting. Too many HOG scenes for my taste, but the mini-games were good. I thought the game was quite well done.

I don't think we will be seeing a sequel. As I recall, the developer, Vogat Interactive, is no longer making games for the PC but rather developing games strictly for the mobile market instead. wave

Re: F.A.C.E.S. [Re: Marian] #965109
06/28/14 01:46 PM
06/28/14 01:46 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Marian. I thought the game was good. I just found the grim environment depressing.

Re: F.A.C.E.S. [Re: Reenie] #965111
06/28/14 01:53 PM
06/28/14 01:53 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
It did have a grim atmosphere; I remember that very well. wave

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 278 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users