GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#969773 - 07/25/14 12:08 PM Capri Connection can't get game to open
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Piney Woods of East Texas
I guess it's just me and my continuing inability to use a computer after 20 years. I am at the Zodiac site. Game has downloaded and installed and same page says in orange letters "play". Nothing is happening. I cannot even see a section on the site page to go to for help.

#969778 - 07/25/14 12:42 PM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
traveler Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rivellon
joanieS,
Like I know anything but have you tried right clicking on the desktop shortcut, going to Properties and choosing Run as Administrator?
Seriously just a guess.

Gil.

#969786 - 07/25/14 01:06 PM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I don't know anything about Zodiac or what form of activation they use.
On my version of the game, I wasn't able to get past the title screen until I emailed the game-generated 14-digit number to the developer, received back a 10-digit number, and then entered the 10-digit number into a box on the title screen to "unlock" the game. However the Zodiac version may use a different form of copy "protection."

If you continue to have problems, try emailing Zodiac at help@zodiac-store.com

#969815 - 07/25/14 04:00 PM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Michigan
I am having the exact same problem. I click play,the screen briefly says "running" then goes back to ready. Nothing happens.Help. I tried emailing but so far no response even though they claim immediate response.

#969827 - 07/25/14 04:56 PM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer

Interestingly enough, Traveler, with the blankety-blank problem I am having trying to save games with realMyst, switching to administrator was given as a possible fix. So, I have already gone to the administrator position trying to resolve THAT game. Nada. Wondering if all my problems can be blamed on Windows 8?

#969828 - 07/25/14 05:08 PM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer

I just checked my e-mail and have a welcoming message from Zodiac with an e-mail address for questions/whatever. Have just sent a message off. When I get an answer I will refer him/her to this page. Help is on the way.

#969832 - 07/25/14 06:44 PM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer

1). I have win7 with same problem so its not win8.
2). Been 4 hours with no response from support.
3). The maker of the game actually called me from Italy when I first tried to purchase the game because he couldn't send me an email. The emails were being returned to him. My email to him was received ok. Very strange,so he told me to go to the alternative Zodiac website.

#969892 - 07/26/14 08:07 AM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Got response from support.
1) Said to check quarantine area of virus protection.
2) Sent a link to a directx update
Neither suggestion helped.

#969897 - 07/26/14 08:45 AM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Upsydaisy Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Just a thought-have you tried going to the developers website http://www.caprisaga.com/smooth-execution.html -scrolling down to Windows 8 execution, there appears to be various steps to take after 'running as administrator' before the game runs. wave

#969899 - 07/26/14 09:00 AM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer

Upsydaisy in our situation there is no desktop icon.We are trying to play from a special page of the website that you get access to after you pay.There is a button there called play but not right-clickable.

#969915 - 07/26/14 10:31 AM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Originally Posted By: Geo
Upsydaisy in our situation there is no desktop icon. We are trying to play from a special page of the website that you get access to after you pay.There is a button there called play but not right-clickable.

I assume this is where you bought the game
http://www.zodiac-store.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=843

Googling "Zodiac games" brought up all sorts of rubbish so I'm putting the link here to save time.

Going by the information on their ***support page***, the game actually does install on your computer, and that support link gives possible locations for the installation.

So try locating the game installation on your hard drive. See if you can find the game exe there.
If it's anything like my installation, there will be a bazillion files in the game folder. Look for an .exe file that starts with "Capri" (mine was CapriNew.exe).
Right-click the executable --> Properties --> Compatibility tab --> set compatibility to XP SP2 and "Run this program as Administrator" checked --> Apply and/or OK changes.

I don't think my installation produced a desktop shortcut. I think I made it myself (right-click the executable --> Send To --> Desktop (create shortcut)). But I'm not 100% sure.

If the Zodiac website is accessing an installation on your hard drive when it starts the game, this may work. If Zodiac is hosting a version of the game that is completely online, or if there is no executable at all being stored on your hard drive, then Zodiac will have to help you.

#969933 - 07/26/14 11:22 AM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer

I don't know what they mean by address bar in "My computer",but if they mean win-ex the search turned up nothing.However after searching on my own I found A Zodiac folder under "users" with a subfolder called games with a subfolder called CapriConnection. In this folder are hundreds of music files and hundreds of fotos and hundreds of other kinds of files but no "exe" file that I could find.

#969936 - 07/26/14 11:45 AM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

Windows Search misses a lot of things because it doesn't search your whole computer by default. Even when I tell it to search everything, it often only searches an old index instead of searching current files. For me it's just easier to search using a command Window:
CD \
DIR Capri*.exe /S

But you don't really need to search for the location, because if you have the .exe file, it will be in the game folder.

You won't see the .exe at the end of the file name unless you have Windows configured not to hide file extensions. See if you can sort the files in the game folder by name, then look through files that start with Capri.

In Windows Explorer, right-click a white area in the game folder where there is no file, then click Sort by --> and put the dot next to Name. Then look for files starting with the letters Capri.

I only have 8 files in the game folder that start with Capri. See how many you have. If you have 7, then Zodiac may be trying to use an exe that's hosted on their website. If you have 8, then one of them may be your exe.

#969940 - 07/26/14 12:17 PM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer

I have 4 files ----3 are jpg's and one is a .zdc
------------------------------------------------
When I purchased the game there were no instructions telling me I had to do anything on my computer to get the game to run. It just takes you to a page with a run button.If there were complicated additional things to do don't you think they would tell you? I do.

#969942 - 07/26/14 12:26 PM Re: Capri Connection can't get game to open [Re: joanieS]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

That's very different from mine then.
I have 7 jpg's and the one .exe

Your .zdc sounds like a Zodiac file.
It looks like Zodiac has replaced part of the original game.
And they may have broken it. :(

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (Grandma, Darlene, Pandora, CanukDenis, Jeanne, BrownEyedTigre, Gimme, Kayc, maryjo, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
efmouse, arlenewilson32, ponycakes, veteran, JaV
8537 Registered Users