GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #969374
07/23/14 11:29 AM
07/23/14 11:29 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Oldman wave

I got to start this last night. I'm moving slower than molasses and learning the ropes with a Wayfarer and Cleric.

Can I store stuff where ZixZax is or in that place you get after talking to the Timeweaver?

Also, can I throw a pillow on the ground and sleep to heal?

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: Debra] #969382
07/23/14 12:39 PM
07/23/14 12:39 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Debra
I declined to join the Fab Five. Now, Mendius won't let me join. Do I have to start the game over to get to Evelyn?

I'm pretty sure you can still go through the cave and get to Evelyn's Lair. You just won't get the points for that side quest. The directions for the location of the cave are here

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #969383
07/23/14 12:43 PM
07/23/14 12:43 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
Looney, I don't know about the pillow but you can sleep in any bed you find anywhere. I haven't stored anything at any time in my game as I tend to sell things instead.

About that mouse who wanted cheese:
Click to reveal..
He said he couldn't reach the switch to help me so he just ran off with the cheese!
However, I got in another way. I fought the frost king which is an extremely hard battle as I died many times before I did this:
Click to reveal..
I left my party outside the door to his castle and sent my archer in to initiate the battle. Then I had her run back out. Outside you still get to fight the frost king and all his spawns but you avoid the elemental damage from those grates that spill elemental stuff at you.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #969413
07/23/14 03:24 PM
07/23/14 03:24 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Will have to remember that strategy. thanks

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: looney4labs] #969637
07/24/14 03:31 PM
07/24/14 03:31 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Thanks, Oldman wave

I got to start this last night. I'm moving slower than molasses and learning the ropes with a Wayfarer and Cleric.

Can I store stuff where ZixZax is or in that place you get after talking to the Timeweaver?

Also, can I throw a pillow on the ground and sleep to heal?

Short answer is yes. But only after you've gathered a few bloodstones. Then a room will open up where you will have a chest for each of your two main characters and you can store stuff in those chests.

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #969662
07/24/14 05:46 PM
07/24/14 05:46 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, I always need more space wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #969667
07/24/14 06:24 PM
07/24/14 06:24 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
The fab five is a side quest in the game. And Swen Wincke from Larian has said that there will be back up characters if any important npcs should die. (from what I've read about this game).

You can still to get to Evelyns lair - by completing the quest called the Councillor's Wife. But beware - it takes a long time to get there. So go do some sidequests and level up a bit..

Also, did you know you can teleport barrels and crates if you have Jahan? I've done it a couple of times. Sometimes there will be barrels of oil or water nearby...You can also target these with weapons or spells.

And when we're talking about the stone:

Please remember to get the stone that Evelyn drops after a certain healing event. I almost missed it - only thanks to the walkthru from games pressure did I find it smile

Also, thanks for the heads up about that you can sleep in any bed...

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #969694
07/24/14 10:12 PM
07/24/14 10:12 PM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
A warning about secrets on your map: In the Lucula Forest you will meet a fortune teller who will mark secret locations of treasure on your map. Just get one at a time as the marks disappear after you found a treasure. If you buy more than one secret at a time all locations disappear after finding the first treasure. thumbsdown It is almost impossible to remember the exact locations of the others. This just happened to me as I wanted to save myself trips back and forth to the fortune teller. Next day when I play I will load an earlier save and just buy the secrets one at a time.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #969913
07/26/14 10:20 AM
07/26/14 10:20 AM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
Do you mean the inert stone? I don't have Jahan anymore I restarted the game, but I have 2 levels of telekinesis. Will that work? Thanks Rowan for your tips. I don't think I'll be where you are for a LONG time.

Last edited by Debra; 07/26/14 04:57 PM.
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: Debra] #969951
07/26/14 12:52 PM
07/26/14 12:52 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Debra
Do you mean the inert stone? I don't have Jahan anymore I restarted the game, but I have 2 levels of telekenesis. Will that work? Thanks Rowan for your tips. I don't think I'll be where you are for a LONG time.

The inert stone is what you get after you have used a blood stone. You need to gather all 14 bloodstones and as you use them other rooms in your homestead will open up. I haven't gotten back to the temple where the door won't let you in until you have all the stones yet so I don't know if you just have to have finished getting the stones or if you need the inert stones in your inventory but I'd advise you to keep them all.

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #969990
07/26/14 04:39 PM
07/26/14 04:39 PM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
I'll do that Oldman. I have another question (imagine that lol). When I add another level of say Pyrokinetics ( think that's what it's called)(fire magic by whatever the right name is) why don't I see any new spell choices? I can't find a spellbook or anything.

Last edited by Debra; 07/26/14 04:40 PM.
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970015
07/26/14 07:25 PM
07/26/14 07:25 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

As I understand it and I'm as confused as the next person, you have to buy a spell book from a vender and it shows the level of everything you need to read the book. You can buy the book but you can't read it unless you have the necessary requirements. Once you read the book, then you can hit the "k" key and it will show you all the spells that you have.

I think the different levels of skills just make the execution of the spells more powerful or maybe not.

I have now managed to finish the game. All in all it was very frustrating for me as the game doesn't give you all the information (at least dumb old me) to know what to do next. Without a lot of help on line I would still be floundering around. I left a lot of side quests undone in order to get to the final and figure the game out and get some idea of where I was supposed to go and what I was supposed to do.

I'm going to start another game now and take my time and do all the side quests that I left undone.

Overall I enjoyed the game. I didn't like the combat because of the stupid action points. I thought combat took too long to finish because of those. I didn't like the fact that there was no clear path to the main quest line. The game did definitely keep the flavor and style of the original Divine Divinity game, at least in my opinion, even though this was more or less a prequel I think.

So there you have one man's opinion and we all now what opinions are like.........

Last edited by oldman; 07/27/14 12:17 AM. Reason: Added content

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970065
07/27/14 04:56 AM
07/27/14 04:56 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
As for spells in this game, you'll need to upgrade say your witchcraft or aerotheurge spells. One point in say aerotheurge spells (so that you can use ligtning bolt e.g). and you'll be able to learn three aerotheurge spellls. Two points in aerotheurge spells and you'll be able to learn 5 arerotheurge spells.

The best part of this game is that you can have your fighther (Madora) learn pyrokeetics spells or hydrosophist (waterbased) spells. You can also have your mage (Jahan) learn man-at-arms skills and so man-at-arms spells.

Also, last night when I played the game, I bought or rather traded some used equipment for a spell book; this particular book let you summon an air elemental to fight for you. Jahan - who was the one I wanted to learn the spell said this: "level not high enough.' You'll need to be level 14 to learn this spell, and alas, I'm only level 11 or 12 as of yet.

A nice spell to have Jahan learn is the featherfall scroll, there is a certain place in the game where it is required to know this spell. Another nice spell to learn is the invisibility spell. There is a point in the game, where you'll really need this spell. (thanks to guide from gamespressure for informing me about this).

As Oldman, I'm also enjoying the game - a lot. However, also, as Oldman, I find the game frustrating to play. Especially since the journal/log of the game isn't divided into main quest and sidequests. I thought this was the way it was done in games today. Apparantly not... :( This aside, I enjoy the game alot.

Especially since it lets you travel anywhere and lets you discover things for yourself. And if you're in a tight situation i.e. in a fight you can alway travel to say Cyseal or say Lukulla Forest via your travelstone/pyramid.

LIke Oldman, I had to revert to online help. Minimun 2 walktrhoughs in English, 2 walkthroughs in German, and 1, if not 2, sites with youtube videoes. I'm not sure if I ever would have made it so far as I'm in the game right now - had it not been for the online help....

I enjoyed the combat - not a lot - but I enjoyed it. The trick is to summon say a spider and ice elemental. And to take out casters and archers as soon as possible.
As for the combat, think of it like a chess game. You'll need to plan you moves and then carry them out - carefully. Crushing fist helps a lot...

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970087
07/27/14 10:33 AM
07/27/14 10:33 AM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
So, if I understand correctly, each time you level up a spell skill you don't get a new spell to choose. You would need to buy a spell book at a vendor and pick your current skill level, then hit the "K" key to see what you have. Do you then just drag that spell into your quickbar or does it just show up?
Oldman, I think a game can be too non-linear and this is one of those for me. I do need some direction to get the job done. I like World of Warcraft addons with arrows that point your way thumbsup
I use F5 and F8 a lot where fighting is concerned but I'm getting the hang of it. I'm sure it's meant to make us think outside the box, but I'm a straight forward kinda girl. smile
It seems the more I watch videos on character creation and how to choose skills, attributes and talents for the character of your choice the more confused I get. I'll have to start over again in a couple of weeks anyway as my hard drive is dying and will have to be replaced. So, I'm just goofing around with lots of character teams and types hoping to hit paydirt.
Thanks for the tips and help again. It removes some of the frustration factor.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970116
07/27/14 02:03 PM
07/27/14 02:03 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Let me be more precise, then smile

When you level up you'll get two skills points. If you say put one skill point into say waterbased spells like e.g. rain, you'll be able to learn up to three waterbased spells. With two points in hydrosohist?, you'll be able to learn up to 5 waterbased spells. And yes, you do need to go to vendor and trade/buy a book that has the spell, you want to learn, say ice arrow or crushing fist. Then you right the click the book and choose use (the first option) and voila, you have learned a new spell. If your level and skill level(s) are high enough. If you do not find you can use the spell, you can always right click on the book (or weapons etc) to send them one on your team members.

When you learn a new skill, there will be box appearing say new skill (or spell) learned. And yes, it shows up immediatele in your quickbar. Please remeber, though, that you have up to 5 quickbars...

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970131
07/27/14 05:03 PM
07/27/14 05:03 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Karten wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970137
07/27/14 05:29 PM
07/27/14 05:29 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

There are some spellbooks though that require a certain level before you can read them. A prime example is the hurricane spell which requires level 18. Now I didn't reach level 18 until just before the final battle so..............you can judge for yourself the worth of that spell.

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970256
07/28/14 11:12 AM
07/28/14 11:12 AM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
Thanks for the explaining it, Karsten and Oldman! I understand now.
Where are Witch spellbooks sold in Cyseal? All I can find are water, air and Ranger skill books?

Last edited by Debra; 07/28/14 11:16 AM.
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970265
07/28/14 12:05 PM
07/28/14 12:05 PM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

You can find some from Shareth who is upstairs in the Tavern.

John
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970355
07/28/14 08:42 PM
07/28/14 08:42 PM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
I'll check it out. Thanks! wave

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970440
07/29/14 08:28 AM
07/29/14 08:28 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
I find out last, via a walkthrough, that you can save your ability points and your talent points. Very helpful if you want to reach the higher abilities...

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970468
07/29/14 10:24 AM
07/29/14 10:24 AM
Toronto, Canada
Rowan Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rowan  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto, Canada
I'm limiting my 4 characters to just 2 different magic skills each, as well as a different kind of physical weapon each. So far I'm still alive and gasping. :)I'm about level 15and am starting to appreciate the more powerful spells.

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970474
07/29/14 10:53 AM
07/29/14 10:53 AM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
I found a really good link for game information with things like RP conversations and how that affect your skills, etc.
Great beginner stuff:
Game Skinny

Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970488
07/29/14 12:33 PM
07/29/14 12:33 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Debra, more info is always great thumbsup

-Roger Caras
Re: Divinity Original Sin coming soon [Re: oldman] #970646
07/30/14 10:50 AM
07/30/14 10:50 AM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
I'm getting frustrated. If the team I'm fighting against is only one level above me, I usually can't win the fight. They have double the man power I do and at least one healer. I've got on the best armor/weapons I can find for me and the other three and I have two people who can heal, if they have enough action points left to do it. Does anyone have a link for a trainer that's free ('cause I can't afford the $100 life time membership to Cheat Happens) or God Mode? I'm using version the latest version 1.0.81 downloaded from GOG. I'd like to play the game and not bang my head against the wall trying to win a losing battle.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Orion, OrleansBelle, soot, connie), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users