GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#968652 - 07/19/14 05:08 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: kjos]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
The top lefthand corner isn't generally where you see the link to the guide; it's understandable that you missed it. smile

#968654 - 07/19/14 05:13 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: kjos]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, Richard!

You're very welcome! As Marian pointed out, the Guide is not normally in the upper left-hand corner, so it's easy to miss.

I don't think there is a way to shut Mr. Voice-Over up, but I sure would love to stuff a sock in his mouth lol !

Susan

#968831 - 07/21/14 12:14 AM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
smitty145 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: NYC, USA
Susan,
Just click on "Options" on the Menu and slide the bar for "voices" all the way to the left.

Gotta' be crazy, to keep from going insane crazy

#968969 - 07/21/14 03:21 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: smitty145]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Smitty!

Thanks! I didn't even think of doing that <duh>!

I'm now in the Bonus game but have run into a glitch that seems to be plaguing several other people in the BF forums. I placed the bolt in the crossbow before I found the sleeping pills, and now I can't place the sleeping pills. I'm going to wait a few days to see if BFG comes up with a fix and, if not, I'll contact them because I really don't want to replay the entire game just to finish the Bonus game.

Susan

#968996 - 07/21/14 05:39 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Sorry about the glitch, Susan. And thanks for posting about it so that other people playing this game can possibly sidestep this issue. wave

#969003 - 07/21/14 05:56 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Marian!

You're very welcome. If you place the bolt on the crossbow before you obtain the sleeping pills, you reach a dead end and can't progress any further. The game developers should have taken into consideration the fact that people use inventory items as soon as they find them and not allowed the bolt to be placed before obtaining the sleeping pills, or made the bolt and sleeping pills a set.

Up until I reached that dead end, I was really enjoying the game, so I'm disappointed that I may not be able to finish it.

Susan

#969017 - 07/21/14 06:10 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

That's very true, Susan: I do tend to use inventory items as soon as I find them. I think of it as tidying up (I tend to do this even if it involves backtracking). grin

I very much hope that the developer fixes this glitch. wave

#969567 - 07/24/14 11:08 AM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Marian]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Marian!

Even if the developers do come up with a fix (which hasn't happened yet), I assume we'll have to start the game over again. I decided that instead of contacting BF for a refund, I'd replay the game, which I did. In the bonus game, instead of adding the bolt to the crossbow when I found it, I waited until I had the sleeping pills. I was then able to add both of them without any problems and now I'm moving on. If I hadn't been enjoying the game so much, I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I really wanted to see how it ended, and now I can.

Susan

#969568 - 07/24/14 11:12 AM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: Susie07]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Well, now you have verified that the workaround bypasses the glitch; we appreciate knowing this. It must be a very nice game to be worth the time to play it through twice in the way that you have. I'm glad you will be able to finish it now. wave

#969576 - 07/24/14 11:47 AM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
Glad you can finish it Susie!

#969601 - 07/24/14 01:52 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Susie07 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi, Ana & Marian!

I'm glad I can finish it as well, assuming I won't run into any more glitches lol . If the game wasn't worth replaying, I wouldn't have bothered, but it really is an excellent game with an interesting storyline and fun and interactive HOs.

Susan

#970515 - 07/29/14 02:36 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
smitty145 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: NYC, USA
Fortunately, I did not have any issues with this game. But, for those who are I just wanted to let you know BFG just posted a new build today. I got my update on my game manager. smile This is a great game!

Gotta' be crazy, to keep from going insane crazy

#970517 - 07/29/14 02:40 PM Re: Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish [Re: smitty145]
Marian Offline
True Blue Boomer

Thanks for letting us know about the new build. yay

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (looney4labs, Gimme, CCbomber, Chief, BrownEyedTigre, Agustin Cordes, lanlynk, bluerain663, Urban Worrier, CanukDenis), 84 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet, Innervision
8566 Registered Users