GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#97068 - 10/06/03 11:26 AM 1893 The World's Fair
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I am stumped. I cannot figure out what to do in/with this game - I am looking at the entrance to the Exposition but when I look for a clue, directional cursor or whatever to move on I click enter for the next screen and get "I beg your pardon?" so now what - where is the instruction page for moving around in this game and just how does one play it please???
Love, Betty Lou

#97069 - 10/06/03 11:45 AM Re: 1893 The World's Fair
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Betty Lou, there is apparently an instruction manual on the CD--you have to have Adobe Acrobat 5. something to read it...

#97070 - 10/06/03 06:38 PM Re: 1893 The World's Fair
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Thanks Jen, I went and downloaded the latest version now 5.0 and have printed out that instruction manual. It will be very helpful.
Love, Betty Lou

#97071 - 10/07/03 10:13 AM Re: 1893 The World's Fair
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

I have come to the conclusion that I DO NOT LIKE text adventure games.....read the whole instruction manual - now have to dig up and read the whole Visitors Guide just to figure out how to play and what to do next.....don't like it. Unfortunately I also bought Pentari First Light - same type game - and I don't like it either....forget about it, on to something else...thanks Jen for your help. Googled for 1893 walkthrough and there is NONE!
Love,Betty Lou

#97072 - 10/07/03 11:14 AM Re: 1893 The World's Fair
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Betty Lou, why don't you check out the official site for the game. According to the information under "screenshots", there are extensive hints and tips...

#97074 - 10/07/03 06:44 PM Re: 1893 The World's Fair
toger Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern California
Betty Lou,

You can find a walkthru for version 1.4 (unregistered) here . I had the registered (paid) version and the walk-thru held true for the half of the game that I played.