GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
I Praise Schizm #971147
08/02/14 07:09 AM
08/02/14 07:09 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Lagavulin Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Lagavulin  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Stockholm, Sweden
thumbsup praise

I have just seen the end scene of SCHIZM hearts

The first time I came in contack with this OUTSTANDING bravo adventure was in 2002. If I'm not mistaken I played the cd rom version back then. Years later I came over the DVD version on eBay. I started to replay It(on DVD) a couple of years ago but my mind was not set for it then(I was driftin away a bit from Adv games in general).

But now I'm all in(a lot depends on the "revival" of Tex M Tesla Effect but thats a nother gem story) idea and so I started replaying this gem (installed and played like a charm on my Win 7). Boy do I miss the "old Days" when these kind of games were made, they are right up my alley smile Actually this game could have been made today, the Graphics are still Beautiful.

Okey the story it self is not deep but it works. It's the visuals and the fantastic puzzles that makes it a GEM. At first the puzzles can seem a bit "over the top" but most of them can be solved with the help of clues in the game and patience.

All of these games like for example The Myst series and Schizm among a couple of others are simply not made today. There is one light in the tunnel though, Obduction (in the making by "the old Myst makers)I cant wait untill It's in my hands. Untill then I really enjoy replaying these fantastic games.

Cheers to all you puzzle lovers out there.
sherlock

ON:Ether One Redux
Recent:Stasis,Gabriel Knight3(RP),Gabriel Knight2(RP),Barrow Hill D P,Syberia2(RP),Secret Files P C,Inner World,Eyes Of Ara
Re: I Praise Schizm [Re: Lagavulin] #971152
08/02/14 07:52 AM
08/02/14 07:52 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I miss games like Schizm too -- and earlier ones like Obsidian and the Myst series.
The RHEM games have the puzzles, but not the stunning visuals like the living ships in Schizm.

Re: I Praise Schizm [Re: Lagavulin] #971291
08/03/14 12:08 AM
08/03/14 12:08 AM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
I agree with Lagavulin and Jenny about these awesome "old" games. Another one to add to the forthcoming games list, besides Obduction, is Amarhys to look forward to.
Sandy

Re: I Praise Schizm [Re: Jenny100] #971326
08/03/14 10:35 AM
08/03/14 10:35 AM
Virginia
Jema Offline
Adept Boomer
Jema  Offline
Adept Boomer

Virginia
Count me as another who misses the games like those mentioned above.

wave Jema

Wouldn't that jar your mustard!
Re: I Praise Schizm [Re: Lagavulin] #971460
08/04/14 10:28 AM
08/04/14 10:28 AM
Hiding Under a Rock
gamenut Offline
Addicted Boomer
gamenut  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hiding Under a Rock
yes me too! Miss those types/styles of games....Riven, Alida, Schizm 1/2,Sork Nemesis, and Zork Grand Inquisitor and many others. I haven't bought a new game in months (except for some casual games-adventure/mystery type just to ease my loss a bit). In past couple years have only bought Johnathan Boakes' games, Matt Clark's game (ps-Still waiting on another), The Last Half of Darkness series(whose developer decided not to do any more of that type game(Adventure) and I believe is now doing action type game),there may have been 1 other but can't remember it. So-certainly am missing having great games to play...AND I want a solid, physical, copy of the game. Not a download. Feels almost like the death of an old friend to not have good quality true adventure point/click games. The Rhem games are fine-well made-but take some real brain power and (for me) a good walkthrough. I have bought and somewhat enjoyed the Carol Reed games but although they're good games they don't really 'grab me'. Luckily I have kept my xp system and an older windows pc for playing some of the Sierra games(Shivers) and Gabriel Knight games, Seventh Guest...just so many good ones -sure miss 'em.

Re: I Praise Schizm [Re: Lagavulin] #971617
08/05/14 05:46 AM
08/05/14 05:46 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
I keep replaying them on my old computer! It would be nice if more were made like them. So much fun to immerse oneself in a game like those!

Gerry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Draclvr, BrownEyedTigre, oldbroad, 1 invisible), 260 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users