GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Mysterious Journey II - telescopes #97158
01/19/05 07:43 AM
01/19/05 07:43 AM
Hartville, Ohio
S
Sue D. Offline OP
Junior Boomer
Sue D.  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
S

Hartville, Ohio
I cannot get through the telescopes in this game. I have version 1.01. I've tried deleting previous saves in this area, and it still didn't work. I've tried with all portals blue on the outside, all portals red on the outside, all but one red and all but one blue. Here are some points I've noticed:

1. One of the walkthroughs showed a picture of the view through the lens and you could see the colors. When I look through the lens the portal isn't colored.
2. When I click on the telescope when it says "use," it goes to a closeup view of the telescope. When I click on a filter, that filter goes into the telescope and the view returns to the distant view. I have to click on the telescope again to get the closeup view, and then click on the second filter.
3. When I click on the second filter, the first filter comes out of the telescope.

I'm thinking maybe there's something wrong with my game. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Sue D.

Re: Mysterious Journey II - telescopes #97163
01/19/05 12:59 PM
01/19/05 12:59 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Sue D. (this is really confusing! lol ), here is the section of Marita's walkthrough that tells about the telescopes: SPOILER
Every ramp has a telescope while one ramp has two.

Each telescope is focused on a security gate on the ramp that circles the tower.

Use a telescope and see that the filters are placed on either side of the telescope.

Click on one or both filters and they will be placed over the lens.

The top button removes the filter while the lower button rotates the gate seen through the telescope.

Determine the correct red gate and rotate the gate so that the correct gate is farthest from the tower or situated at the outward part of the perimeter.

To know which gate is correct, place both filters over the telescope lens. The colors seen is the reverse of the correct one, so a blue gate is really the red gate and vice versa.

Rotate all blue colored gate to the outer side while both filters is over the telescope lens. Do this on all the telescopes.

When done, enter the tower and it will automatically go to the fifth floor.

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Mysterious Journey II - telescopes #97164
01/19/05 01:41 PM
01/19/05 01:41 PM
Hartville, Ohio
S
Sue D. Offline OP
Junior Boomer
Sue D.  Offline OP
Junior Boomer
S

Hartville, Ohio
Yes, I've read the walkthroughs and followed them to the letter, but no luck. I'd like to know if when you click on the second filter they both look like they're in the telescope. When I click on the second one, the first one comes out. And I've tried pushing the reset button and redoing it, and it doesn't always come out the same each time. Even if the filters are reversed, when you have both of them in the telescope, shouldn't the colors always be the same no matter which side the filters are on?

Sue D.

Re: Mysterious Journey II - telescopes #97166
01/20/05 01:05 PM
01/20/05 01:05 PM
united kingdom
T
teatime Offline
Junior Boomer
teatime  Offline
Junior Boomer
T

united kingdom
hello sue, just read your post on telescope puzzle. it's awhile since i played it . but my notes tell me all scopes should be blue to the left and red to the right when you look through the scopes. apart from the last one at the entrance to the tunnell. it should be red to the left and blue to the right. i hope this is right.good luck!

Re: Mysterious Journey II - telescopes #97173
01/20/05 04:17 PM
01/20/05 04:17 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Sue D., the save is on its way to you now--I had some real-life things to take care of. (Real life? Who has real life???? lol )

These saves are quite difficult to install, so be sure to follow the instructions very carefully. It is essential to copy-and-paste the line printed in red, rather than trying to type it--that's where most of the problems come from... luck

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Uncle Reg), 414 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users