GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Fable (old game) #97248
05/26/02 10:18 PM
05/26/02 10:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Greetings,
I just started playing this old game, Fable, for the fun of it. I became stuck at one point in the game so I searched for walkthroughs, but none of them seem to help. Here is the problem: According to the walkthroughs, Quickthorpe is supposed to give the statuette from the hag's house to the well-dressed gentleman at the Edge of the Forest crossroads. However, when I try to do this, nothing new happens (the same dialogue) and I can't get past him. Here is exactly what I do: I go to inventory and "take" the statuette, then I click it on the "well-dressed gentleman". All three walkthroughs that I found said that this would work, but it doesn't. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is what I have in inventory: medallion, statuette, rope (short and long), leaves, chili peppers, bag of seeds, the orb.

Re: Fable (old game) #97249
05/27/02 10:50 AM
05/27/02 10:50 AM
Boardman, Ohio 44512
bredon Offline
Settled Boomer
bredon  Offline
Settled Boomer

Boardman, Ohio 44512
Does it actually say on the bottom: "Give the statuette to the well dressed gentleman"?

Move the statuette around until it does..

R

"I may dislike what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."-Voltaire
"Tact is just saying stuff that's not true. I'll pass."-Cordelia Chase
Re: Fable (old game) #97250
05/27/02 11:14 AM
05/27/02 11:14 AM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
Did you talk to him about what he does want? As I remember it, he didn't want the statue but accepted it for a one time pass. And think you got to get something from him.

Never resist a generous impulse.
Re: Fable (old game) #97251
05/28/02 02:53 PM
05/28/02 02:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the replies. They were helpful to get me unstuck. Bredon, you set me on the right track. I had been left clicking the statuette on the gentleman when it said "Use statuette with well-dressed gentleman". While clicking madly all over the guy, I accidently clicked the right mouse button and the "Use..." changed to "Give...". Voila! Acornia you also remmebered correctly. You have to come back and give him the pearl necklace once you get it. Thanks again.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 340 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users