GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Unsolved Mysteries - Ancient Astronauts - game problem #972564
08/10/14 05:55 PM
08/10/14 05:55 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I bought this game and am in the Dogon region now (second scene in the game...) and dead in the water. The BLUDGEON tool is supposed to open a wall NICHE in the Temple, but it doesn't work. I tried and tried, restarted the game, looked up the Game Guide, looked up a WT, etc. I have not missed anything. The game does not crash, but I cannot progress further (without retrieving the necessary object inside the wall niche), so it may as well have crashed.

I looked this up on the Big Fish forum, and sure enough, there are multiple unhappy users posting about a bug involving the bludgeon-and-niche (there are older comments about this problem as well as new ones). I added my comment to them, and also wrote to Big Fish asking them to credit me with another game. I have had such good experiences with Big Fish that it makes me wonder why this game still is being sold if it is known to have a game-stopping bug in it?

Just a heads up to anyone who might be thinking of buying the game! I will post a followup, if it gets resolved.

Re: Unsolved Mysteries - Ancient Astronauts - game problem [Re: Reenie] #972567
08/10/14 06:09 PM
08/10/14 06:09 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
THanks Reenie, it's from 2011 so not sure how many are still playing. Sorry you are having troubles.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Unsolved Mysteries - Ancient Astronauts - game problem [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #972568
08/10/14 06:14 PM
08/10/14 06:14 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I played this game when it first came out and didn't experience any bugs or glitches. That is of no help to you, of course. It is just unfortunate that some of these glitches afflict some players and not others.

Re: Unsolved Mysteries - Ancient Astronauts - game problem [Re: Marian] #972569
08/10/14 06:27 PM
08/10/14 06:27 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Yes, it is a shame, because I enjoyed the twist they put into the genre. I was enjoying it. There isn't a vampire or witch or insane pirate to be seen, and I was not having to find and rescue yet another kidnap victim. LOL But I'm sure they'll give me a credit and I'll find something else.

Re: Unsolved Mysteries - Ancient Astronauts - game problem [Re: Marian] #973653
08/16/14 01:57 PM
08/16/14 01:57 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I got a reply from Big Fish, recognizing the problem with the game and saying it has been refered to the game designers but no fix has been forthcoming yet. So BF sent me a coupon for another CE game, and I will use that. I'm disappointed because UM-AC is a good game, up until the bug, and I was enjoying it so much. Hope to hear that they fix the bug and I can repurchase it later.

Re: Unsolved Mysteries - Ancient Astronauts - game problem [Re: Reenie] #973655
08/16/14 02:03 PM
08/16/14 02:03 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I'm glad to hear you got a code for another CE. I think it's unlikely, unfortunately, that there will ever be a fix due to the fact that the game was released several years ago - but we can always hope. wave

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 181 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users