GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Topic Options
#972954 - 08/12/14 05:00 PM Code 43
Smiley456 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Scanian Provinces
Today I was going to use my scanner (CanoScan LiDE 210) but I got code 43 instead. Removing the USB cable and plugging it back in didn't work either, since Windows didn't recognize the USB device.Doing a problem search also gave me code 43. So I deactivated the drivers and tried to uninstall them, but apparently that wouldn't work.

Normally I'd fix the problem myself, but I'm in lots of pain because of my lower back injury.
Worst case scenario, I'll have to do a clean reinstall. But would it be possible to only do a clean install of the primary HDD instead of both?

Edited by Smiley456 (08/12/14 05:00 PM)

#972957 - 08/12/14 05:10 PM Re: Code 43 [Re: Smiley456]
Draclvr Online   content
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
There is a lot of information out there on this generic error code. This is one I found.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/errorc/a/code-43-error.htm

What I would have done is completely uninstall the printer and its drivers and then reinstalled the printer anew.

#972960 - 08/12/14 05:15 PM Re: Code 43 [Re: Smiley456]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Smiley456
Today I was going to use my scanner (CanoScan LiDE 210) but I got code 43 instead. Removing the USB cable and plugging it back in didn't work either, since Windows didn't recognize the USB device.Doing a problem search also gave me code 43. So I deactivated the drivers and tried to uninstall them, but apparently that wouldn't work.

Did you try uninstalling from Safe Mode?
Are you sure the scanner hasn't busted?
Does it work with other computers?

Quote:
Worst case scenario, I'll have to do a clean reinstall. But would it be possible to only do a clean install of the primary HDD instead of both?

If the second hard drive is only used for storing files, there's nothing to be gained from wiping it unless you suspect a virus. However any games installed on the second hard drive may have to be reinstalled since most games use the Windows registry.

#972974 - 08/12/14 06:38 PM Re: Code 43 [Re: Smiley456]
Smiley456 Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Scanian Provinces
@Draclvr

Yep, Did that, even removed the registry keys, still get Code 43 when I plug in the USB cable.

@Jenny

I uninstalled in Safe Mode, still get the the same as above. Considering the scanner worked perfectly yesterday, I strongly doubt that (don't use it often except for school). However, it could be the cable that's the problem. Since my cats love to run and play amongst all the cables.

I keep the OS on the SSD, but school work and games on the second HDD (with no space on the external one to backup anything).
Yup, I tried it on the laptop as well, got the same message (unknown device) despite the drivers not being installed.

I think that I'm gonna order a new USB cable and see if it works with that one instead.

#972975 - 08/12/14 06:40 PM Re: Code 43 [Re: Smiley456]
Draclvr Online   content
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
Yup... best bet. I keep a spare one around when I'm troubleshooting printing issues. Only had to use it once, but it sure helped pinpoint the problem quickly.

Moderator:  InlandAZ, Jenny100 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (seagul, Volkana, Flo NS, Draclvr, curly, Rowan, soot, mabeco, Marian), 78 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Akkad, ViktorTheBoar, ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9
8568 Registered Users