GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Pathologic: the Remastered Edition is on Kickstarter #976830
09/05/14 06:44 AM
09/05/14 06:44 AM
Kiev, Ukraine
Iurii Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Iurii  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Kiev, Ukraine
I doubt that many English-speaking adventure gamers have played this masterpiece - (they say that English translation was very bad) - but in 2005 'Pathologic' (or 'Mor.Utopia' - 'Mor' in Russian means both 'the Plague' and the name of Sir Thomas More) was something unheard before: a plot-driven survival open-world adventure game with unique atmosphere and deep philosophical matters in its core.

So yesterday the authors - Russian company Ice-Pick Lodge (you may remember their recent 'Knock-Knock') - entered Kickstarter with plans for a remastered edition - and have collected $100,000 in less than a day! The project intends to collect $250,000 untill October 7, and the release is planned for November 2016.

The page on Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic
Some screenshots and a video trailer - http://pathologic-game.com/en/media/#media

Quote:

Pathologic is a plot-driven survival open world adventure game for PC (Windows / MAC / Linux), PS4 and Xbox One

A plague breaks out in a remote steppe town full of weird local traditions. Three healers try to fight it: a scientist from the Capital, the son of a local shaman, and a half-crazed girl. Each of them has their own idea of how the terrible disease came to be, and what is real magic to one of them becomes backwards superstitions to another. Taking on the role of any of these doctors, you’ll try to overcome the invisible evil while doing your best not to succumb to the disease, to bandits, hunger, and fatigue; scavenging and bartering for pills, bread, and milk. But it’s hard to survive in Pathologic—the remake of a ruthless and critically acclaimed Russian survival adventure game from 2005!

What Pathologic Feels Like

It’s a game that always makes you feel in a pinch—but being in a pinch also feels worth it. Whichever of the three playable characters you choose, your goal will always be to determine the origins of Sand Plague and save the Town (or what’s left of it). But in order to do that you’ll first have to survive, and that won’t be an easy task.

The plot of Pathologic is broken into twelve days, each of them bringing new stories, quests, and events. Time flows mercilessly: if you fail to finish a task when it’s due, the opportunity goes away—as do human lives. You are completely free to roam and explore the Town, bartering, talking to strangers and generally surviving.

The hero needs to eat and sleep, to take care of his immune system—it’s the only thing that can preserve him from being infected with the Plague. To do all that you’ll need resources: fresh water, bandages, bullets; even bread and coffee grains, but inflation and panic will steal things from you, making merchants greedy and turning the townsfolk into shameless bandits.

But your scariest enemy is not a bandit armed to his teeth, but rather the disease itself.

Re: Pathologic: the Remastered Edition is on Kickstarter [Re: Iurii] #976835
09/05/14 07:13 AM
09/05/14 07:13 AM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Thanks, Iurii.

I remember when this game first came out. It was one of those ones that I never got around to playing. It received mixed reviews then, as I recall. It sounds as though they're off to a good start with the remastered version!

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Pathologic: the Remastered Edition is on Kickstarter [Re: Rushes] #976857
09/05/14 10:52 AM
09/05/14 10:52 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Interesting news. I do remember the original game, although I never played it. wave

Re: Pathologic: the Remastered Edition is on Kickstarter [Re: Marian] #976908
09/05/14 06:21 PM
09/05/14 06:21 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I never played it either - but I wish "good luck" for this venture smile

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Pathologic: the Remastered Edition is on Kickstarter [Re: Iurii] #976918
09/05/14 08:31 PM
09/05/14 08:31 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I never finished the game, it was way too confusing for me.

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 306 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users