GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#97732 - 10/13/03 05:41 PM RING 2 (new problem)
Geronimo Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Puget Sound, Washington
I finally got our hero across the stream & now trying to figure out the right hand puzzle on the door. I did the slider on the left side, but can't figure how to move the tiles around on the other one, they don't budge. Is this another crazy keyboard move? slapforehead Thanks for any help!
Geronimo

#97733 - 10/13/03 07:01 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Geronimo, there is another walkthrough here -- does it give any light on the subject?

And please just add further questions on the same game to the end of the this thread. It helps us keep track of where you are and makes searching easier later...

#97736 - 10/15/03 04:36 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Geronimo Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi, I am back again ..... I don't suppose someone out there might have a "save" to send me that comes after the tile walking (jumping)puzzle where the spiked wall comes after you, this is a real toughie! frown
Geronimo

#97737 - 10/15/03 05:18 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
josefien Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: the netherlands
Geronimo,
I'm not so far yet in this game, but I'll try to explain you what to do.
walk over the tiles on which you see a snake and jump over the hole.At the end, you will see de wall with the spikes coming out. Go back over the same snake tiles, go left and left to the rock with the sunbeam. Take the shield from the bridge and put it in the rock with the sunbeam.After fighting the dragon, step over his tail to the other side.
hope it will work for you

#97738 - 10/15/03 05:29 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Geronimo Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks Josefien,
I know what I am supposed to do, but I just can't move the character back fast enough once the wall starts moving. Controlling with the keyboard is awkward & slow. I think I have finally met my Waterloo! .... unless of course, someone can send me a "save" to get me past this part.
Geronimo

#97739 - 10/15/03 05:58 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Geronimo -- have you tried my Spiky Wall Challenge walkthrough? It gives you a step-by-step description. The instructions are in the middle of the walkthrough under the Chapter Nine heading.

Let us know if this helps. I could try sending a saved game, but Ring II makes it difficult to use saved games, as the installation setup is different for various video cards -- you would have had to set the game up exactly the way I did in order to use my saved game.

#97742 - 10/17/03 11:21 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Geronimo -- I've sent you a save that I hope is after the spiky wall. I've also explained some of what's going on with the saved games in the accompanying email. I hope we can get this to work.

Lise -- I have 115 saves for this game, and since they are labeled generically in the Ring II folder, any saves I send you that are the same description as the ones you already have on your hard drive may overwrite your saves. I could send you the saves that are numbered higher than your saves, hoping that these won't overwrite yours.

Do you still want to proceed? You'll find your current saves under My Computer/Local Disk C/Program Files/Arxel Tribe/Ring 2/Data/Save. Let me know the number of your last save.

#97743 - 10/18/03 07:25 AM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Lise Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Quebec
I can erase all my saves and start a new game.
So I will install ''your''saves .

Of course I will also need how is your installation

Sorry for all the trouble

#97745 - 10/18/03 11:57 AM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Geronimo Offline
Settled Boomer

Becky,
Thank you for sending the "save". I have put it in the game save folder & also changed my config. to match yours. Am I supposed to now click on your "save" from my C Drive or is it supposed to automatically be accessible after game boots up. I have tried both & can't figure how to get the "save" to work in the game. Sorry, this is another "duh" moment for me! frown
Geronimo

#97746 - 10/18/03 08:22 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Geronimo -- I would have expected it to be accessible from within the game. When you hit F1 to take you to the load game screen, you should see a new saved game there. I had named it V3A, though I'm not sure it would appear that way for you. Are there no new saved games anywhere on your saved game list?

#97747 - 10/18/03 10:06 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Geronimo Offline
Settled Boomer

Becky,
What you sent me was an attachment labeled: ArSa28.ars(208kb) Anyway, when I go to F1 & click "load" I still see my 3 saves I had there from before, but no new ones. I have only 3 saves because I keep overwriting them. It is sure a mystery to me. Wish I could figure out what I am doing wrong. You are a peach for trying to help!
Geronimo

#97748 - 10/18/03 10:27 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
This is a shot in the dark but, are you both using the same exact versions of the game? You probably are but, it was a thought.
Rusty laugh

#97749 - 10/18/03 11:38 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Geronimo, are you using the European version or the U.S. version? (I ordered my game from Arxel.)

#97750 - 10/19/03 02:01 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
Geronimo Offline
Settled Boomer

Becky,
I bought mine new here in WA State & it comes up Arxel Tribe on the C Drive.

#97751 - 10/19/03 02:20 PM Re: RING 2 (new problem)
friedmonky Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Massachusetts
Aha! This might be the problem. Becky, if you bought directly from Arxel Tribe then it is not the US version. Geronimo, if you bought yours in the US then, obviously, you have the US version. Maybe the two versions are not compatible as far as saved games go. Mind you, this is just a hunch...I'm not sure how to be sure that this is the problem.
Rusty smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
9 registered (Koala, mom of 2, Barry, Sherlock, mabeco, Terri824, gymcandy1, scampy, 1 invisible), 55 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl
8418 Registered Users