GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: RING 2 (new problem) #97762
10/20/03 07:45 PM
10/20/03 07:45 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Geronimo and Lise -- Well, in true Adventure Game style, we've hit another puzzle to solve. My Save folder is more than 27MB and can't be sent via email. I'll copy the folder onto a CD and send it to you via snail mail. Could you both email me with your your mailing address?

Thanks!

Re: RING 2 (new problem) #97763
10/29/03 03:26 AM
10/29/03 03:26 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Unfortunately, neither Geronimo nor Lise could get the save folder to work with their games.

Flummoxed here.

Re: RING 2 (new problem) #97764
11/04/03 05:10 PM
11/04/03 05:10 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
oldfeeble Offline
Settled Boomer
oldfeeble  Offline
Settled Boomer

Pennsylvania, USA
Hi Becky and Geronimo,
I have a thought that might work here, although it has been over two weeks since your posts and this may not be a current issue anymore.

Geronimo, if you take the saved game file from Becky and rename the file to be the same as one of your earlier saved game files then it will appear in your Load directory under the F1 menu with the same game name that you used to save that original game.

For example, say you started playing the game a long time ago and your first saved game was called "BEGINNING". If you look under "Program Files\ArxelTribe\Ring2\data\save" directory there will be a saved game named something like "ArSa1.ars" with the date and time that you made that first save.

Now, if Becky sends you a saved game file named "ArSa138.ars" or something like that which has you positioned in the game after a tough puzzle is completed, you can save her game under "My Documents" or someplace and then rename it to "ArSa1.ars" before pasting it into your "Ring2\data\save" folder. This will of course overwrite your original save file.

Then when you start the game just use the F1 key to get to the menu and use load to start the game you originally called "BEGINNING". However, now that game will be at the location which will position you after the tough puzzle. The name of the saved game is the same in the F1 menu but the game is now different.

I don't know if this will work for everyone but it has worked for me and RogerO. We do have our Config options set for the same values and we have similar computers and possibly even the same video card, although I am not sure about that.

I hope that this helps with this tricky problem - good luck. think

Re: RING 2 (new problem) #97765
11/04/03 06:53 PM
11/04/03 06:53 PM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Oldfeebleman -- you were able to get your saved game to work with RogerO's game? Wow. I'm not sure if Geronimo wants to try this, but it would be interesting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 232 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users