GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
ETHER ONE- ITEMS DISAPPEARING #979307
09/20/14 11:48 AM
09/20/14 11:48 AM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline OP
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Okay....I am loving this game but I am now having trouble with items disappearing.
I finished Devin Mine with no problems, but now I am in Pinwheel Harbor and I have restored the projector at the Blacksmith's, Bell's Workshop and The Pinwheel Inn. Then I was working on restoring the projector in Morris Dancer's home, where
Click to reveal..
I have filled in the order form, stamped the letter and mailed it, then went to the PO and put it in the letter box, then got the second set of bells (baldrics) but when I go back to put the second set of bells in the box, all the 3 boxes are empty.....the other bell and the hat have completely disappeared and are not in my inventory at all.

I installed the latest patch, I have loaded past saves, etc. but they are still not there, so I cannot fix the projector in that house.

Anyone else have these problems and know how to fix it? Must be some type of glitch. I found some people saying they have had items disappear from their inventory shelves, but no one knows why.

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: ETHER ONE- ITEMS DISAPPEARING [Re: UruKat] #979374
09/20/14 04:26 PM
09/20/14 04:26 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Sometimes games foul up if you do things in the "wrong" order.
Maybe you're at a point where the game thinks you should have used those items by now.

I guess you could try going back to a point before you picked up the missing items and then follow a walkthrough.

Re: ETHER ONE- ITEMS DISAPPEARING [Re: UruKat] #979609
09/22/14 10:47 AM
09/22/14 10:47 AM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline OP
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
Thanks Jenny....I thought of that, but unfortunately there are only 3 Save spaces in the game and I don't have any saves that go back far enough. cry

Following the Yellow Brick Road in search of the White Rabbit so I can fly away to Neverland
Re: ETHER ONE- ITEMS DISAPPEARING [Re: UruKat] #979626
09/22/14 12:08 PM
09/22/14 12:08 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
You could try starting the game from scratch. Of course there's no assurance that the same thing wouldn't happen again, but by following a walkthrough you may be able to avoid a problem caused by doing things in the "wrong" order -- or saving in the "wrong" place. Yes I know following a walkthrough defeats the purpose of playing and solving the puzzles yourself, but I don't know of anything else you can do yourself if you've already patched the game and the problem is still there.

The only mention Google found about this missing inventory bug is ***this post in the Steam forum*** from back in April.

You might be able to get a save from the Hints forum, but I don't know if saves are compatible between installations.
Quoted from http://ether-game.com/support.php
Quote:
Where are my save game files located?
If you installed the DRM-Free version of Ether One your save game files will be located:
C: (Or the drive you installed Ether One on) / UDK / Ether One / Binaries / Win 32.

If you installed your game through Steam then your save game files will be located:
C: (Or the drive you installed Ether One on) Steam / SteamApps / common / Ether One / Binaries / Win 32.

And it's possible the GOG version might install in the "C:\GOG games" folder, but this is a guess.

You can try emailing the developer at support@whitepapergames.com
which is the email link they give at http://ether-game.com/support.php

If you have the Steam version, you can try posting in their forum at
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265950/discussions/

or if you have the GOG version, at
http://www.gog.com/forum/ether_one#1411235577

Re: ETHER ONE- ITEMS DISAPPEARING [Re: UruKat] #979629
09/22/14 12:44 PM
09/22/14 12:44 PM
FLORIDA
UruKat Offline OP
Settled Boomer
UruKat  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

FLORIDA
You are great! Thanks for all your suggestions.....I'll keep trying. :-)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (curly, Pandora, oldbroad, 1 invisible), 434 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users