GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
shatter medallion nancy drew - claw puzzle #979773
09/23/14 10:22 AM
09/23/14 10:22 AM
O
optimusprime1 Offline OP
Shy Boomer
optimusprime1  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
O

Can somebody tell me how to do the claw puzzle on the shatter medallion nancy drew

happydance

Re: shatter medallion nancy drew - claw puzzle [Re: ] #979786
09/23/14 10:59 AM
09/23/14 10:59 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
welcome to GameBoomers, charlene.

Here are some instructions both from the strategy guide and from our GameBoomers walkthrough:

What you are doing with the claw puzzle is to replicate the 3D model by adjusting the air pressure to refill the tank that fuels the retractable claw. Press each square as many times as you need cubes stacked for that space. Click on a square at center to place a cube where you want it to be. A cube is then placed on the grid. Right click to remove a cube. The light colored cubes on the right match the brown cubes on the pattern at left. The dark brown cubes on the right match the blue cubes on the pattern on the left. If you want an easier pattern, pull back and click the claw recharger again to change the pattern.

Re: shatter medallion nancy drew - claw puzzle [Re: ] #983441
10/14/14 08:47 PM
10/14/14 08:47 PM
Texas
A
Aggiemom Offline
Shy Boomer
Aggiemom  Offline
Shy Boomer
A

Texas
Is the secret to put a cube in the center first? I have done this puzzle 3 times and swear it's correct. I even did it once as a mirrored object but that didn't work either. Nothing is happening -- do I maybe need to have completed something else before it accepts this puzzle? I get the clicking, etc., to build up the squares or remove some -- When I look at the fish pictures and fish bowl, the fish bowl is not accessible so maybe I need to do something else!

Re: shatter medallion nancy drew - claw puzzle [Re: Aggiemom] #983443
10/14/14 09:46 PM
10/14/14 09:46 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
If it's allowing you to try to solve the puzzle, then I would think that it's solvable now. And no, you don't have to start in the center - you can start anywhere you want.

Have you looked at the walkthrough here? It shows you exactly how many cubes go on each square (assuming you get one of those configurations) - I don't know exactly how many there are in total.

Re: shatter medallion nancy drew - claw puzzle [Re: ] #983500
10/15/14 07:21 AM
10/15/14 07:21 AM
NYC, NY USA
LadyLinda Offline
Settled Boomer
LadyLinda  Offline
Settled Boomer

NYC, NY USA
Is the sub there?

I think it will allow the puzzle to work but not be solved unless the sub is there.

You can visit the Underwater Observatory before the actual challenge is invoked but the sub won't be there until the challenge is set.

Re: shatter medallion nancy drew - claw puzzle [Re: LadyLinda] #983524
10/15/14 09:55 AM
10/15/14 09:55 AM
Texas
A
Aggiemom Offline
Shy Boomer
Aggiemom  Offline
Shy Boomer
A

Texas
Yes, the sub is there -- I went down in it just to see what it was like. But, of course, couldn't use the claw because it hadn't been pressurized yet -- so went back up and tried puzzle again -- and again. I'm assuming that once it is correct, you'll immediately know -- am going to give it another go today thinking that maybe there is a hidden block(s) in the center that I somehow missed. Thanks for the comments and hints, though!

Re: shatter medallion nancy drew - claw puzzle [Re: ] #983610
10/15/14 03:42 PM
10/15/14 03:42 PM
Ohio, USA
NDLVR Offline
Settled Boomer
NDLVR  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio, USA
Aggiemom, I've had this same problem before myself. What I recommend is taking the blocks a row at a time. I usually start in the top corner.

Also, be sure you're looking at the right screenshot, if you're following MaG's walkthrough.

~Jen
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (soot, BrownEyedTigre, Pandora, ergggo), 271 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users