Mount Joy, Penn. – October 15th, 2014 – Pinkerton Road Studio today announced that Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® 20th Anniversary Edition (www.GabrielKnight20th.com
) has shipped for PC and Mac, and is now available for purchase online for $19.99 from major online retailers such as Steam, GOG.com and the Phoenix Online Store. Gorgeous high-res 3D graphics, new playable puzzles/scenes, a remastered soundtrack, and exclusive behind-the-scenes bonuses from concept art and storyboards to making-of interviews are just a few of many captivating new features to be found in this brand-new edition of the award-winning classic, which critics consistently rank among the best games of all time.
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition builds upon and greatly enhances one of gaming’s most storied adventures, reimagining the groundbreaking voodoo murder mystery, first released in 1993, for an entirely new generation of fans. Allowing players to experience the award-winning tale through the lens of a stunning visual makeover, and adding entirely new backgrounds and puzzles, it offers a must-see mix of new and familiar challenges alike.
• Relive one of gaming’s greatest adventures of all-time
• Experience the award-winning voodoo murder-mystery in stunning high-res 3D
• Adds new puzzles and scenes to familiar challenges
• Includes remastered soundtrack by original composer Robert Holmes
• Enjoy special extras and bonus edition content
As struggling author and bookstore owner Gabriel Knight, players will investigate a series of savage ritual killings in New Orleans and their connection to voodoo’s sinister mysteries. The deeper they dive into master storyteller Jane Jensen’s tale of terror and suspense, the closer they’ll come to discovering the secrets of Gabriel’s family history–and unfolding his destiny.
As part of a special launch celebration, publisher Pinkerton Road Studios and developer Phoenix Online are hosting a Launch Day Google Hangout at www.youtube.com/POStudios
today at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific/7 PM GMT. More information can be found at www.GabrielKnight20th.com.
Pinkerton Road and Phoenix Online have been leading up to the game’s launch with a 10 Days of Gabriel Knight Countdown, featuring screenshots, music and free content downloads, including a new Gabriel Knight short story, “The Temptation”, the first official addition to the Schattenjäger’s story since 1999’s Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned. Fans can catch up on the various releases and activities here:
• 10 Days of Gabriel Knight Countdown here.
• "The Temptation" short story by Jane Jensen here.
• The Gabriel Knight Blog Series: A look at the story, gameplay, features, history and more of Gabriel Knight: here.
• Rediscover the Adventure Webseries: A webseries about the adventure and storytelling genre, featuring leading adventure game designers and industry experts: here.