GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Redleaf Forest: HOG scene with chameleon #984305
10/19/14 05:20 PM
10/19/14 05:20 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I'm playing a trial of this game, to see if I want to buy it. Seems charming. I'm in an HOG scene with a twist: There is a chameleon in a cave that I have befriended by giving him a crystal, and now I have to give him graphic "cards." (An AXE, a BUTTERFLY, a SUN and a FLOWER are the four cards.) I'm a bit stuck because I can't get anything to happen with him. I looked up a WT, and it says give him a card and then pick up an item associated with it. I give him a card, and he is holding it, but I can't find the associated item, even using the image in the Strategy Guide that comes with the game. The Strategy Guide shows the chameleon in four different locations, but he actually appears only in one. (Perhaps he is supposed to move?) I suspect I'm missing some sort of clue. Any ideas?

Re: Redleaf Forest: HOG scene with chameleon [Re: Reenie] #984308
10/19/14 05:42 PM
10/19/14 05:42 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I found this on the Big Fish forum:

Quote:
Click on the chameleon to your left. He will be holding a picture.
Then you match the picture he is holding.
You will have to do this 4 times and he will move around.

This took me a while to figure out.

Maybe this doesn't answer your question completely, but it's all I could find. wave

Re: Redleaf Forest: HOG scene with chameleon [Re: Marian] #984309
10/19/14 05:45 PM
10/19/14 05:45 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Ah, thanks! I will go back this afternoon and try that. smile

Re: Redleaf Forest: HOG scene with chameleon [Re: Reenie] #986238
10/31/14 01:56 AM
10/31/14 01:56 AM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks so much for helping to explain that scene. This is a complex, beautiful, and large game, and it has been great fun to play it.

I am now in the Bonus Game and facing another puzzle whose execution eludes me. I am in the Tutor's Room and have found the magnifier, so I can read the Sheet of Runes. It is 10 columnss of runes with 6 in each column. (Sorry, I could not make a screen capture.) I am supposed to find repeats of several 3-rune sets, a lá a "Word Search." In other words, the rune sequences can run forward, backward, diagonal, and up or down.

I don't think I'm understanding the instructions. Even allowing for the allowed orientations, I can't find more than a few rune sets that exactly match the target sets, and not enough to solve the puzzle, even using the magnifier to reveal some that are hidden. Am I also supposed to shift around the order within each of the three sets themselves? This would mean 1-2-3 is the norm, but 3-2-1 and 2-1-3 and so on are acceptable alternatives? But that would make the possible permutations nearly infinite. What am I missing?

And yes, the so-called Strategy Guide is included with my CE version of the game, but it offers no additional explanation to compensate for vague instructions, much less any "strategy" advice for solving the puzzles. It simply gives you a picture of the solution for each puzzle. If gamers wanted that, why would we buy a puzzle-based game? LOL

Re: Redleaf Forest: HOG scene with chameleon [Re: Reenie] #987600
11/08/14 01:31 PM
11/08/14 01:31 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Reenie, somehow I managed to miss this post - my apologies. oops

Did you figure out this puzzle? wave

Re: Redleaf Forest: HOG scene with chameleon [Re: Marian] #987609
11/08/14 02:18 PM
11/08/14 02:18 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Hi Marian. No, I never did figure it out, despite several days of on-line searching for clues on various game forums, and careful note-taking and color-coded chart-building on my part. I finally gave up and decided to just enter the solution shown in the Answer Book (AKA, "Strategy Guide"). It didn't work. This might be because their screen capture includes a celebratory flash that obliterates a portion of the screen shot. LOL I had to SKIP the puzzle entirely in order to move on in the game. I can't remember the last time I skipped a puzzle in any game.

I enjoyed the game, otherwise. This series is pretty darned good for an HOG. I have played four of its games. I will say, though, that their approach to a Strategy Guide is to simply give you the final answer, not give you a hint as to how to get there. That is not my cuppa.

Re: Redleaf Forest: HOG scene with chameleon [Re: Reenie] #987631
11/08/14 04:11 PM
11/08/14 04:11 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Sorry you had to skip the puzzle - I have this game but haven't played it yet. When I play it, if I can figure out what was going on with this puzzle, I will let you know (although I doubt that I will be able to figure it out). laugh

The Awakening series is indeed very solid and entertaining. smile

Re: Redleaf Forest: HOG scene with chameleon [Re: Reenie] #987637
11/08/14 04:42 PM
11/08/14 04:42 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Is it the one at 6 minutes in here?

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Orion, OrleansBelle, BrownEyedTigre), 236 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users