GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews #987993
11/11/14 07:22 AM
11/11/14 07:22 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
The review ban for this game has been lifted. Here are some of the reviews for this game:

First is Telegraph - 3/5
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/vi...ion-review.html

The reviewer comments on the narrative:

Quote:
The one genuinely disappointing element is the narrative. Starting with that most hackneyed of plot devices, the “amnesia” ploy, and combining it with the equally trite notion of you as a “chosen one”, Dragon Age: Inquisition’s story never really manages to engage on the level that it’s aiming for. The sole survivor of an attack you cannot remember, you are left marked with a luminous tattoo that has the power to close rifts that have sprung up across Thedas, through which demons and assorted nasties are emerging.

Next up is Joystiq - 5/5
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/11/dragon-age-inquisition-review-tipping-the-scales/

The reviewer's comment on missions and how to plan ahead.

Quote:
A handy tip for mission planning: It's a good idea to bring along characters that make logical sense. If you're doing something mystical, for example, bringing a mage will reward you with more dialogue options. Sometimes this just makes for more interesting conversations, but it can also provide you with different resolutions for a particular mission. Even if you don't form the perfect bond with every character, the relationship system enhances ownership of the world around you. You may not get along with everyone, but your interactions will still bring you closer to your companions.

Next up is PC Gamer - 87/100.
http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-age-inquisition-review/
The reviewer's comment on advisors:

Quote:
The advisors are a nice addition. Like your companions, they offer personal quests and will chat between missions. Unlike your companions, you can’t take them out into the field. Instead they can be summoned to the War Council, to be given tasks through a map view of Ferelden and Orlais. Each assignment can be tackled through diplomacy, intrigue or military force, with different results and completion times depending on the advisor used. Once assigned, a timer ticks down, after which you can collect your reward. The time for completion can vary from ten minutes to the best part of a day, but it ticks down even when you’re not in the game. This is a great touch. For one thing, it means you’ll have a reward waiting whenever you resume the game. More importantly, it gives a sense of the Inquisition as a growing political force.

Next, and finally we have Venture Beat- 87/100
http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/11/dragon-age-inquisition-review/2/

A quote from the reviewer's conclusion:

Quote:
The main campaign is more interested in telling you how great you are than letting you prove it, and combat feels designed for a game half this size. It’s not a far fall from grace, by any means, but it’s noticeable — and occasionally grating — in such a long experience. But if you have been working for the Inquisition for that long, hopefully by then you will be too busy discovering and exploring to care that much. What BioWare has done better than most in the past is just as smooth and well-tended here. Characters are well-realized beings of desires and complications. The world of Thedas is an inviting glimpse into complicated fantasy, now with that new-generation gleam and polish.

Warning - spoilers will be in these two twitch streams for the prologue.

http://www.twitch.tv/bioware/c/5471109 part 1

http://www.twitch.tv/bioware/c/5471132 part 2

If you can't open these two or they won't play, here's link to Hrungs thread on the Bioware
DA Inquisition forums which contains a link to the full hour of the prologue.
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/518290-da...be-links-in-op/

Last edited by Karsten; 11/11/14 07:23 AM. Reason: added links

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #988006
11/11/14 09:56 AM
11/11/14 09:56 AM
Unionville
manxman Offline
Sonic Boomer
manxman  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Unionville
Thanks for the links Karsten. Patiently waiting for the release day in one week taz

Sometimes lost is where you need to be. Just because you don't know your direction doesn't mean you don't have one.
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #988036
11/11/14 11:36 AM
11/11/14 11:36 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Karsten, that is a nice mix of reviews wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #988136
11/11/14 10:50 PM
11/11/14 10:50 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
I just got an email from Origin saying that I had earned a $10 coupon for pre-ordering Dragon Age: Inquisition. $10 off a future $30 or more purchase--only good until 12/21. Hmm, not sure that's such a great reward--like I need another game right now! But whatever. lol

Actually, DA: Inquisition is the first game I've ever pre-ordered. I'm always behind everyone else in playing new games. This time I decided to be on the front line. wink

It's good to see that the reviews are mainly positive. Thanks for sharing. wave I've spent a little time recently in the beta Dragon Age Keep and am also just finishing up the Mark of the Assassin DLC for DA2. I also bought a graphics card upgrade--should be arriving any day now. My computer met the minimum (close to recommended) reqs for the game, but I wanted to give it a little more umph!

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: lanlynk] #988222
11/12/14 12:03 PM
11/12/14 12:03 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Congratulations on your first preorder, lanlynk. grin

Be sure to let us know what you think of the game. wave

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #988268
11/12/14 04:52 PM
11/12/14 04:52 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Thanks, Marian.

Yesterday I also pre-ordered the Prima Official Guide book for DA: Inquisition too (from Amazon). Just the paperback one, not the collector's hardcover. I know there are always all kinds of walkthroughs and info on the internet, but I like to have a physical book for my few favorite games. The guide also gives access to the online version, which is nice.

Unfortunately, the guide isn't available until the game is released, so it won't ship until the 18th. But I'm hoping the eGuide will be available for me sooner. We'll see. happydance

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #988793
11/16/14 04:39 PM
11/16/14 04:39 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Does anyone know if the Deluxe edition is worth?

I will pre-order in Amazon.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: mcc] #988808
11/16/14 07:14 PM
11/16/14 07:14 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Hard to say if it's "worth" it, but I preordered the Deluxe version myself. $10 more for some extra content. I guess it all depends on how much you love Dragon Age games. lol

This page shows a table listing the extra items you get with Deluxe, with a short description of each:
What you get with the Digital Deluxe Edition

EDIT: It was the armored mount that I really wanted. smile

Last edited by lanlynk; 11/16/14 07:17 PM.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #988821
11/16/14 08:41 PM
11/16/14 08:41 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
Thanks lanlynk, I decided to preorder the standard, with the preorder one gets some stuff and it is the kind of game I do not play in difficult or more than once.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: mcc] #988852
11/17/14 12:23 AM
11/17/14 12:23 AM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
Makes sense, MCC!

I usually don't order deluxe editions either. Dragon Age: Inquisition has been an exception for me. First game I've ever preordered too. Funny thing is, originally I wasn't even sure I'd get this game at all. I sure hope it lives up to whatever it is I'm expecting! lol

BTW: I received my new graphics card and installed it a couple of days ago. Very happy with it! Should improve my game experience too--without buying a whole new computer right now.

ALSO, I bought my game copy from Origin (though I buy a lot of games from Amazon). I did a preload yesterday--which basically downloads and installs the game early. It's locked now, but will unlock itself when the release happens. I guess that helps with the servers getting clogged up at the moment of release!

Last edited by lanlynk; 11/17/14 01:45 AM.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #988922
11/17/14 12:34 PM
11/17/14 12:34 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Sounds like you are ready to have a great time wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989083
11/18/14 03:00 PM
11/18/14 03:00 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wow, this is a large game. I've been downloading for around 24 hours and I'm only at 51 percent. This is probably the biggest download I've ever had, 23.81 GB. Maybe I'll be able to play it tomorrow.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: lanlynk] #989095
11/18/14 03:39 PM
Isle of Man
gremlin Offline
Addicted Boomer
gremlin  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Isle of Man
lanlynk, I'd be fascinated to know if the 'locked' game is calling a website to decide whether to stay locked, or whether you can just disconnect your computer from the internet, change the date, and unlock the game. smile

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989096
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Be aware that this game has been available through EA's Early Access (for 6 hours) last week. Also, please be aware that many players are reporting problems, bugs, with the game. It seems that certain quest does not update correctly, voices seem to suddenly be male or female where they should be the opposite. And on the DAI forums at Bioware, there now, I think, 4-5 threads which point out that the controls for pc doesn't work properly and correctly.

I don't have the game and I haven't played the game (yet) so I can't really comment if this is true or not. Just thought, I should let you know.

edit:
The game should be available for playing in the US and Canada today, November 18th. And on November 20th in Europe.

Last edited by Karsten; 11/18/14 03:42 PM. Reason: added content

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989113
11/18/14 05:38 PM
11/18/14 05:38 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
@oldman: Yes, it's huge. We were finally able to get cable at our house a couple of years ago, so my internet speed is good now. Before, we only had a slow DSL connection. It would take forever to download games. This time, DA: I downloaded pretty quickly.

@gremlin: Not sure about the locked game calling in. My game unlocked last night (Nov. 17) at 8:00 pm without me watching it. It probably had to call in though because I believe I read somewhere that the preloads had to be "verified" before being unlocked--whatever that includes.

@Karsten: I wondered how bad the initial bugs would be. That's one of the reasons I don't usually get games when they first come out. This time, I decided to get the preorder goodies and to be ready to play as soon as the game was available (and stable). But I haven't actually played it yet. I'm still exploring DA Keep choices.

Last night, I also decided to hold off playing a bit so I can browse some forums to see how the brave souls are doing who started the game right away. I still have my Strategy Guide coming from Amazon too. And I may just wait a little while more to see if a patch comes out or glitches get workarounds. I also tend to spend a lot of time in character creation and planning ahead. I'm not one of those folks who love to see how fast they can do quests! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll try to pace myself and be patient! wave

EDIT: Hey, gremlin: I just read in another forum someone asking your same question. The answer given was, there's no way to just go offline and fix the clock. The game has to call in while online. So I doubt that would have worked. wink

Last edited by lanlynk; 11/18/14 05:50 PM.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989122
11/18/14 07:03 PM
11/18/14 07:03 PM
Michigan
M
mcc Offline
Addicted Boomer
mcc  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

Michigan
I now finished Call of Duty AW, just in time to start Dragon Age that should be knocking at the door anytime now happydance .

I bought the PS4 version.

From The Matrix
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989129
11/18/14 07:46 PM
11/18/14 07:46 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Woot woot, thumbsup

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989131
11/18/14 07:52 PM
11/18/14 07:52 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
As far as I know om PC (via Origin) you'll only need to be online to activate the game. Then you can play offline to your heart's content.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989468
11/20/14 05:34 PM
11/20/14 05:34 PM
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well I got it downloaded headscratch after around 35 or so hours. I've played through the first part which is more or less a prologue/tutorial.

The things I like are:

The graphics, I am wowed by them and the characters look so real, both in regular play and fmv.

The gameplay, although it took some time to acquaint myself with the controls.

The things I am still on the fence about is the travel (which I am still trying to figure out). Once I get accustomed to it I may feel more comfortable.

The storyline, which again, I may feel better about that once I move further into the game

The quests and quest markers, and trying to figure out where to go next. I am a bit dense on some things RPG and need a seeing eye dog to guide me through sometimes but it will eventually penetrate my thick skull.

All in all I feel that the game is going to be a welcome addition to the DA series and, although I'm not sure the overall feel of the game will top DA Origins,but it is something to behold because of the graphics alone.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989479
11/20/14 07:58 PM
11/20/14 07:58 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Well, sounds like you have quite a challenge in front of you!

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989669
11/22/14 11:25 AM
11/22/14 11:25 AM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
Mark Darrah made a thread about the problems most people that play on pc seems to have.
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/521697-pc-community-concerns/

He promises there will be a fix for these, here's a quote from the post he made:

Quote:
With the release of Dragon Age: Inquisition, we've been hearing a number of concerns from members of our PC community, including:

Driver support
Hitching and frame rate issues in cutscenes
Feedback on keyboard and mouse controls
General user interface optimizations for PC

We've been following these issues closely and are looking into them. Player experience is a top priority for us. Our goal is to address as many of these as possible in our upcoming patches, including some in our next patch, which is underway. We’ll release further details in the coming days and will continue to monitor your concerns.

I just thought you should that Bioware - and EA - are aware af these issues and are going to do something about them...

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989674
11/22/14 12:04 PM
11/22/14 12:04 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Always nice when companies listen and address issues. thanks

-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: looney4labs] #989679
11/22/14 12:17 PM
11/22/14 12:17 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
My son got this game as a birthday present and in 40 hours of play he has only experienced one crash to desktop thus far on the PC version. His computer specs are mid range - the only frame rate/loading issue he has is when a new area on the map is loading - there is about a 5- to 10-second delay. He says he can live with that. He is, however, using a game controller, and he says that makes a big difference in ease of handling the game controls. He is also using beta drivers for his graphics card, and that too has made a difference for him in how well the game plays.

Overall he is very pleased, because he was worried that the game would run poorly for him such that he wouldn't want to play it at all. He loves the game.

And thus far he has encountered no bugs or glitches.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989689
11/22/14 01:45 PM
11/22/14 01:45 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
I've been following the threads about the pc problems that most people seem to have. And it seems there's several things these people have in common:

*they've altered a certain command line in the game so that they can get 60 fps (frames per second) instead of the 30 fps they game was born with in cutscenes.
* Nearly all of them have an overclocked CPU
* Many of them (most of them?) seem to have high range spec for their computers.
* Many of them (most of them?) seem to have six or eight cores.
* Many of them (most of them?) seem to have more than 4 GB RAM.

And yes, the game plays better using a game controller or gamepad. But the question here should be this, I find: shouldn't a game which also was developed for pc have an interface developed for pc?

Last edited by Karsten; 11/22/14 01:46 PM. Reason: clarification

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #989693
11/22/14 02:00 PM
11/22/14 02:00 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Karsten, I absolutely agree that the interface should be appropriate for the PC version. Hopefully this will be fixed in a patch. PC players shouldn't be required to be proficient with a game controller in order to have a good experience with the game.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users