GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News #988415
11/13/14 02:02 PM
11/13/14 02:02 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Check out the trailer Here.

Read our Review here.

Quote:
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 13 November 2014 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive and Turkish development studio Zoetrope Interactive are happy to announce that a revamped version of their H.P. Lovecraft-inspired point-and-click horror adventure Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder (PC, 2007), will be released on the Steam platform later today.

With enhanced graphics and Steam achievements, Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder will send shivers up your spine by taking players to a disturbing corner of the human psyche. Meanwhile, developer Zoetrope Interactive is busy preparing a Director’s Cut Edition of the second instalment, Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage (PC, 2010) for its Steam release in a few weeks.

Zoetrope Interactive’s Galip Kartoglu says: “We really enjoyed getting back together and updating both games for more recent Operating Systems, adding Steam achievements, improving the games’ graphics as well as adding new puzzles and environments for Part 2. In fact we’re liking it so much, that after years of a focus outside of making games, we’re feeling a strong pull to get back into game development. Who knows, maybe one day there might be a ‘Darkness Within 3’, depending on the reception these two classics are given by the Steam audience. Either way, we’re very excited to see our work debut on Steam today.”

Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder is now available on Steam at $ 7.99 and will have a 15% launch discount. http://store.steampowered.com/app/298930/

About Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
As police detective Howard E. Loreid, you are tasked to solve the murder of Clark Field, a wealthy man involved in the occult. Your suspect is Loath Nolder, a highly respected former private investigator who mysteriously abandoned his last case for reasons unknown. Soon, Loreid discovers that his own horrible past is connected with the madness that is about to swallow him. You experience lucid horrifying dreams and are tormented by paranormal happenings. What’s real and what’s not? Slowly but surely Loreid loses his grip on reality…

Key Features for Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
· A chilling point and click Horror Adventure inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, now brought to Steam for the first time as an enhanced edition with Chromatic Aberration and cinematic effects applied to the game’s graphics.
· Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels – Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective, or Senior Detective modes.
· Unique Inventory System – Utilizing the ‘thinking screen’ allows players to collect and examine items and thoughts. Clues can also be researched, combined, or used.
· Dynamic Puzzles and Features – Traditional adventure game puzzles are complemented by deciphering dreams and underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues.
· Enhanced Gameplay Experience – The proprietary game engine enables compelling special effects and stunning visuals in a panoramic first person game environment.
· Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere – An immersive experience is created by a fascinating story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 11/13/14 02:04 PM.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #988417
11/13/14 02:09 PM
11/13/14 02:09 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Interesting news, Ana - thanks! wave

Re: ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #988437
11/13/14 03:54 PM
11/13/14 03:54 PM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Thanks, Ana. smile

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #988457
11/13/14 06:56 PM
11/13/14 06:56 PM
C
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer
CountZero  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

Never played this game, now looks like a good time to try it....

Re: ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #988460
11/13/14 07:21 PM
11/13/14 07:21 PM
Hillegom, ZH, NL
J
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer
Jarkeld  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Hillegom, ZH, NL
I hope the game will do well on steam. I am very interested in the Directors Cut of the second installment and perhaps one day a third game.

Re: ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #988851
11/17/14 12:22 AM
11/17/14 12:22 AM
Barrackstadt, Arcadia
LeBelleRachael Offline
Settled Boomer
LeBelleRachael  Offline
Settled Boomer

Barrackstadt, Arcadia
Both Darkness Within 1 and 2 were AWESOME games!!, Lovecraftian horror at its VERY best! I had nightmares from these games!!!....OMG! devil

"Nobody murdered me. Or put me in a potato. Or fed me to birds. I had a pretty good life."

GLaDOS

Re: ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #988878
11/17/14 06:18 AM
11/17/14 06:18 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Looks great! Excellent review. Thanks Ana.

Gerry
Re: ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #991085
12/02/14 09:00 AM
12/02/14 09:00 AM
frazap Offline
Settled Boomer
frazap  Offline
Settled Boomer

Would so much like to support the developer by buying this, but Steam only? Why!? Anyone heard of a DRM-free release?

Re: ReVamped Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder available Now and Darkness Within Series News [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #991123
12/02/14 11:18 AM
12/02/14 11:18 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I got my download finished last night. So far, this is just great. I'm anxious to get deeper into this game.

Once again, weeds are my life!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (manxman, Draclvr), 415 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users