GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Five Cores [Re: colpet] #994832
12/24/14 02:57 PM
12/24/14 02:57 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: colpet
I worry sometimes that I've developed less of an attention span over the years of playing casual games.

I know what you mean.
I think it's a form of burnout -- less patience with the parts of games you don't enjoy. The casual adventures allow you to skip past conversations and "story elements" and get on with the puzzling. And then the "type" of puzzles you encounter in casual games are often more enjoyable than the limited types you find in most current adventure games. Some of us enjoy "door puzzles" and "abstract puzzles" and "mechanical puzzles" and don't much care if they have anything to do with the "story" or not. And if the "story" is some hokey variation on a theme we've seen 16,000 times before, we'd rather have as little to do with it as possible.

The first adventure games I played were 1st person puzzle-oriented games where any "character interaction" was limited to a handful of cut scenes. So the first time I encountered a game with dialogue (in my case, it was Titanic: Adventure Out of Time), it was a novelty to be able to interact with other characters and have conversations with them. But by 2014, conversations have long since ceased to be a novelty, and in some cases they comprise the bulk of the game. At some point the experience changes from "me playing the game" to "the game playing me" -- telling me where to go and what I can and can't do rather than me exploring and figuring out what to do on my own. At that point, I want to leave and go somewhere else.

Re: The Five Cores [Re: Lagavulin] #996956
01/08/15 12:57 AM
01/08/15 12:57 AM
Los Angeles, CA. USA
lakerz Offline
Settled Boomer
lakerz  Offline
Settled Boomer

Los Angeles, CA. USA
The Five Cores can now be purchased for digital download at www.desura.com . Price seems good.

I've purchased a number of games from Desura and have not had an issue for what it's worth...

The Five Cores

Last edited by lakerz; 01/08/15 12:58 AM.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...
Re: The Five Cores [Re: Lagavulin] #996980
01/08/15 06:19 AM
01/08/15 06:19 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Lagavulin Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Lagavulin  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Stockholm, Sweden
yay

Great news, then I will get the game "again" and make it "all legal" thumbsup

As for the game itself it played with no problems at all on my Win 7, though it was patched with the first patch of two available. It was a short but good
"Myst isch" substitute.

Cheers sherlock

ON:Ether One Redux
Recent:Stasis,Gabriel Knight3(RP),Gabriel Knight2(RP),Barrow Hill D P,Syberia2(RP),Secret Files P C,Inner World,Eyes Of Ara
Re: The Five Cores [Re: Lagavulin] #996988
01/08/15 08:54 AM
01/08/15 08:54 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, lakerz!

Don't feed the Trolls
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 387 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users