GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #996232
01/03/15 01:35 PM
01/03/15 01:35 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
If you're interested David Gaider, DAI's Lead Writer answered questions from fans on his personal blog on tumblr, link here: http://dgaider.tumblr.com/

Here's a Q&A about how David writes:

Quote:
What sort of tools do you use or what sort of organizational techniques do you use to keep track of writing dialogue trees and making sure they make sense? (As a side note, please thank Lukas for Sera from a lesbian woman who adored her character.)
Answer - Permalink

ANONYMOUS

It depends a bit on the writer, but the first thing I do is write a stub version of the dialogue…essentially I write the tree in conceptual form, with each line being a description of the info being communicated rather than the actual dialogue. That way I can ensure that every particular path taken through the conversation gets the right info across.

Then I go back and start filling in the lines. That will often change the structure a bit as I get a “feel” for the flow, but so long as I maintain the original links I should still maintain the needed information.

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #996270
01/03/15 06:13 PM
01/03/15 06:13 PM
Alaska
lanlynk Offline
Settled Boomer
lanlynk  Offline
Settled Boomer

Alaska
@Karsten: Thank you! I'll enjoy looking at his blog. I just got through reading David Gaider's novel, Dragon Age: Asunder. Enjoyed it a lot. Characters from the first two games were in it as well as Cole. It contains Cole's back story. I haven't read any of the other Dragon Age books, but was interested in that one because it linked DA2 to DAI. (I read it in ebook form.)

newyear

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet." ~ M'aiq the Liar (Skyrim)
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #996279
01/03/15 10:17 PM
01/03/15 10:17 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Karsten puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #1001216
02/05/15 07:41 PM
02/05/15 07:41 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Templeton Peck Offline
Settled Boomer
Templeton Peck  Offline
Settled Boomer

British Columbia, Canada
So I've finally gotten around to committing some serious time to the game.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but at the same time I have to say I'm also disappointed. I read one review prior to playing that mentioned a lot of little flaws and I'm finding this to be very true.

The first two games in the series grabbed my attention right away and had me hooked, but this one is just missing something at the start to draw you in right away.

The flaws I've mentioned:

-For whatever reason when I close the game it always opens the language bar in Windows, even though I have it disabled. I have to close that each time I'm finished playing the game.

-I have had one crash so far in about 12 hours of play, not bad, but it did just drop to desktop with no warning.

-I got caught in an endless update cycle the other day, where it did update, but then kept thinking there were more updates and I had to eventually do a repair on the game to get it to launch.

-The control scheme leaves something to be desired. I thought by the second game they'd pretty much nailed it including combat and I was very used to that, but now they've gone and changed things again. I really dislike having to right click on small circles to pick up loot and interact with things. I can't count how many times I left clicked by mistake and start swinging my sword and then have to wait till it's put away again to interact.

The same can be said of combat, I left click on someone to attack, but it just swings your sword where you are standing in place. You have to go to a tactical view to make it actually attack an enemy. This brings me to pausing the game, it used to be spacebar, but now with jump included I find myself jumping instead of pausing the game a lot of the time. That's not to mention the camera angles with tactical view leave a lot to be desired and I find myself looking at trees or other things in the way instead of seeing enemies properly at times.

Searching for things is also a bit of a pain as you constantly have to tap v all the time. I do prefer the press tab and see everything highlighted of other games.

-The levelling system and influence among companions has also been dumbed down a bit. You no longer control stat points for strength, etc. and you can no longer see an influence meter/bar for your companions. Also, the auto levelling seems somewhat broken for companions, it chooses melee skills for Varric as an example who has Bianca a special crossbow.

-Speaking of levelling, the XP you get from combat from what I've seen so far is very little. It's almost not worth the time. For example fighting level 8 enemies at level 4 yielded me very little experience and I was almost killed from the encounter. I hear later on this changes in some areas, but so far only XP from completing quests/tasks seems to matter. With enemies respawning in areas it's definitely not worth the fight a second time round.

The sheer amount of stuff to do can be overwhelming at times as well, I kind of miss the more controlled smaller areas of previous games. Sure it was more limited, but it was easier to manage. They have added a lot of content, but it really means a lot more fetch quests than anything else so far.

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Reviews [Re: Karsten] #1001306
02/06/15 01:05 PM
02/06/15 01:05 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Thanks, Templeton. I always hate when control schemes that I am comfortable with change.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 249 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users