Nancy could well be right about the approach to this and because you can do things in different order, there are lots of variables to the puzzle. I was stuck here for a long time. Last night I remembered that the second or third time I played the game, I made a check list of the moves I made to get through this. I dug it out of my notes last night, for what it may be worth to you, as follows:
1. open slider
3. shut slider
4. get clothes/shut door
5. "examine" clothes, key will drop out
6. return clothes
7. find wallet
8. "examine" wallet (believe the contents stay in your inventory.)
9. get chart under pillow
10. put chart back
11. get Mickey Finn vial
12. put vial back
13. get Bible
put Bible back
15. get in the closet
16. phone rings and Slade comes to answer
17. As soon as he comes to answer go to bathroom.
18. Search Slade's jacket behind door.
19. put it back.
20. move shower curtain
21. get behind it in tub
22. wait there till Slade goes back to kitchen, you will hear the television come on.
23. get out and go to bedroom and use the handcuff key (from Slades' jacket) to take the suitcase on the bed.
24. Don't try to go out the door to escape...go back to Tex's office. Be quick!
This worked for me, Mary, but I still had to go through the steps outlined here several times. Save your game as often as possible.
Love, Witchen =O)