GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
gabriel knight sins 20th anniversary freezing problem #997347
01/11/15 02:16 AM
01/11/15 02:16 AM
Australia
glozza Offline OP
Settled Boomer
glozza  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Australia
I downloaded gk some time ago & I just started to play it but it freezes after 5 minutes
Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem?
I am so computer illiterate I don't even know how to explain duh
I press ctrl alt delete but nothing happens so I have to turn off computer manually.
Any help will be so much appreciated
thanks gloria

Re: gabriel knight sins 20th anniversary freezing problem [Re: glozza] #997348
01/11/15 04:44 AM
01/11/15 04:44 AM
Michigan
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer
Geo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
Does it always freeze at the same spot in the game or is this a sort of time thing,aprox. 5-10 minutes and it freezes at random points in the game? If it is (a) it is probably a problem with your copy of the game,if it is (b),it is probably your computers compatibility with the game somehow and would take some more investigation.

Re: gabriel knight sins 20th anniversary freezing problem [Re: Geo] #997354
01/11/15 06:00 AM
01/11/15 06:00 AM
Australia
glozza Offline OP
Settled Boomer
glozza  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Australia
Hi Geo,
Thanks for the reply.
After trying 3 times it freezes about 5 minutes into the game,next it might go a bit longer then freezes.next time it froze earlier.
I am playing on windows 8 screen resolution1920x1080, graphics quality I reduced it to medium.
Should I uninstall and reinstall the download ?
Does this give you something to go on.I am so sorry to be a nuisance. blush
Cheers
Gloria

Re: gabriel knight sins 20th anniversary freezing problem [Re: glozza] #997355
01/11/15 06:33 AM
01/11/15 06:33 AM
Michigan
Geo Offline
Addicted Boomer
Geo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
Hello,I know that GK-20th is a game compatible with modern computers so it should work with your computer.It doesn't seem to be a glitch in the game because you said it freezes at different spots in the game all-be-it they are close. Lets wait for someone familiar with win8 to see if they have any ideas.I don't know if win8 still has this,but you could try to right click on the start icon and see if you can choose compatibility like you could in win7.If it does choose win7 compatibility and try it.

Re: gabriel knight sins 20th anniversary freezing problem [Re: glozza] #997375
01/11/15 12:08 PM
01/11/15 12:08 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
If you downloaded the game a few months ago and are only starting to play it now, there have been patches, and you might want to redownload it. If you downloaded the game recently, the download should already be patched.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Without knowing more about your computer, any suggestions I'd have are only guesses about what could be causing the problem. However...

1. What antivirus are you using?
Windows 8 comes with its own antivirus. If you've added another one, make sure the computer is only using one of them or you increase the chance of freezes and crashes -- especially when playing games. Also, certain antivirus (like McAfee) have been known to interfere with games all by themselves. But if you're only using the antivirus that comes with Windows 8 (Windows Defender), the antivirus is probably not the problem.

2. Make sure your computer's video card meets the system requirements -- especially for the video card. These are the listed video card requirements listed at ***GOG*** and ***Steam***:
Quote:
Graphics: ATI or NVidia with 512 MB RAM

If you're using Intel graphics or have less than 512 MB of video memory, that might cause a problem.

3. Are you using a laptop? If so, there could be problems because laptop graphics normally use different graphics drivers from desktops. There are also laptops that use graphics that automatically shift to a low-power-graphics mode. Unfortunately that can cause problems with adventure games, which normally use less power than action games and aren't detected properly.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

You can probably get better help from Phoenix Online (the developer that created the game)

Phoenix Online has a forum specially devoted to technical support for GK 20th here
http://www.postudios.com/blog/forum/index.php?board=132.0

They also have a thread about how to submit technical support requests and what information they need from you here
http://www.postudios.com/blog/forum/index.php?topic=14157.0

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Pandora, curly, TLC), 269 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users