GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Pet Insurance #999694
01/27/15 08:35 AM
01/27/15 08:35 AM
C
Cari Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Cari  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
C

Selecting insurance cover for your pet is a bit of a mine field and as with mines it’s advisable to tread carefully through the small print.
After having one very costly experience with a pet insurance company with a previous dog, a few years later when we brought a young Cavalier King Charles spaniel we decided to do things differently.

We opened an account for him with a £1000- $1600 plus £60-$90 on a monthly basis.
Over the 2 and a bit years since we had Charlie his account has grown plus the interest and we don’t have the cost of the premium to pay.

Of course this is not the answer for all pet owners. I would never advise this if you’re pet is getting on in years and of course you have to have the spare cash to open the account with.

I know nothing about American insurance companies but I hazard a guess that their much like ours i.e. they’re glad to provide you with an umbrella when the sun is shining.

PS.

We are careful about feeding our dog, small dogs easily put on weight. But Charlie did get a bit overweight so we had a word with our vet. His meals were OK then he asked about his treats.
‘Only small dog biscuits, about three of four a day, he loves them’.
‘That’s the culprit,
‘But they’re made for dogs’
‘They are but they also contain a lot of fat, exchange them for sliced carrot’
We did and it works.

Last edited by Cari; 01/27/15 08:38 AM.
Re: Pet Insurance [Re: Cari] #999715
01/27/15 09:58 AM
01/27/15 09:58 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks for that info. Great for dog people.

Re: Pet Insurance [Re: Cari] #999752
01/27/15 01:30 PM
01/27/15 01:30 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Yes, it is and it's a great option for those who have the means, will power, and time to let the account grow.

I have never had pet insurance, but do know several folks from Seagy's Chemo treatments who said they could only get the treatment for their babies because of their pet insurance. Both most likely have their place. puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (hagatha), 462 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users