GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
sentinel sanselard #1124682
09/12/17 03:42 PM
09/12/17 03:42 PM
Wiltshire, UK
K
kingpin Offline OP
Shy Boomer
kingpin  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
K

Wiltshire, UK
Hi Guys.
I was looking through some of my old games and came across Sentinel Descendants in time.
I decided to try and complete it this time, but, as happened on previous times I played it, which was many moons ago, I have become stuck in Sanselard.
I have looked through all the questions and answers from previous enquiries regarding this scene, but to no avail, so I am asking you guys out there if anyone has a Walkthrough for Dummies for this scene , as I cannot seem to get through this scene even with NORMAL walkthroughs.
Thanks in anticipation.
Kingpin

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: kingpin] #1124684
09/12/17 04:07 PM
09/12/17 04:07 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Have you tried consulting UHS hints? I have found them to be quite reliable for walkthroughs. I am assuming that you have already consulted the walkthrough available here on GameBoomers.

It's true that not all walkthroughs are created equal and that some are better than others. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer additional suggestions.

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: Marian] #1126027
09/24/17 07:34 AM
09/24/17 07:34 AM
Narrandera, NSW
B
barbarosso Offline
Shy Boomer
barbarosso  Offline
Shy Boomer
B

Narrandera, NSW
G'day Kingpin,

I have just gone throught the agony of Sanselard myself, so I think I can help you.

I assume that you have solved the glyph puzzles at the base of each of the 4 elevator towers, and can get to the top
of the elevator towers. If you haven't, then refer to the walkthrough in Gameboomers. Unfortunately the instructions are a little obscure from thereon.

It doesn't matter which tower you start with. THen, pick ANOTHER tower and beam as your reference beam. You will be trying to "sync" to this reference tower. Your beam will be over your head, as the sender is above you.

At each stand, when you get close enough to make a double ring cursor, click on the stand. Your cursor will change. To sync with the reference beam, I found it easiest to click on the outer circle marker 45 deg to the left of the top, and wait for the next beam. Rinse and repeat until both beams are in sync.

Then go tp another tower (NOT your reference tower) and repeat the process. Finally, repeat the process with the next tower, and you will see action on the Central Island.

I also found it easiest to draw a little map of the seven islands surrounding Central Island. That way, I could work out where I was.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers, barbarosso (Yes, I know it is bad Italian grammar as a beard is feminine - go figure)

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: barbarosso] #1126036
09/24/17 09:33 AM
09/24/17 09:33 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you so much for your help, barbarosso. wave

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: kingpin] #1126826
10/01/17 04:35 PM
10/01/17 04:35 PM
Wiltshire, UK
K
kingpin Offline OP
Shy Boomer
kingpin  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
K

Wiltshire, UK
Hi Marian and Barbarosso.
I must apologise for not getting back to both of you after you sent me a way of getting though Senselard in Sentinel.
I have tried the two ways mentioned but still cannot proceed, so I am going to ask the indefensible and that is 'Has anyone got a save game for the end of Senselard' and instructions on how to install, as this seems to be the only way I will be able to finish the game.
Thanks in anticipation.
kingpin

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: kingpin] #1126829
10/01/17 05:08 PM
10/01/17 05:08 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I'm afraid I don't have any saved games for this - maybe someone else will be able to help you out.

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: kingpin] #1126832
10/01/17 07:03 PM
10/01/17 07:03 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
As far as I remember, Sentinel created Save folders that were crammed full of files for each save, as well as a catalog file for all saves that existed outside of the save folder, and it was not possible to back up saves -- especially not saves that could be used on a different computer. That's why you don't find saves for this game at websites like http://nicouzouf.com/

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: kingpin] #1126919
10/02/17 02:13 PM
10/02/17 02:13 PM
Wiltshire, UK
K
kingpin Offline OP
Shy Boomer
kingpin  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
K

Wiltshire, UK
Jenny 100.
Hi. Thank you for your contribution to my query, by reading into what you are saying, there is no save game to allow me to get past Senselard in Sentinel.
Am I correct?
If that is the case then I might as well stop playing it as there is no way I can get past that chapter.
Thanks again.
kingpin

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: kingpin] #1126922
10/02/17 02:36 PM
10/02/17 02:36 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: kingpin
Jenny 100.
Hi. Thank you for your contribution to my query, by reading into what you are saying, there is no save game to allow me to get past Senselard in Sentinel.
Am I correct?

I'm sure there is some form of saving because the game itself has saves. But the save structure is so complicated that it's very difficult to back up all the files involved in the save and get them all in the correct folders -- and getting all that working on a different computer doesn't seem to be possible. I've never read of anyone who managed to reconstruct the save file and folder structure on a different computer and have it working.

Quote:
If that is the case then I might as well stop playing it as there is no way I can get past that chapter.

If you can't progress beyond this chapter (can't exit this chapter and choose another) and don't have anyone who can play past it for you, then I guess you're stuck.

I had trouble with Sanselard too. Identifying the sounds was extremely difficult for me and there was much trial and error. How do you describe a bunch of similar sounds so you'll recognize them later on and be able to match them?

There is a Let's Play here, which may or may not help you.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxqBGV-Z8Vx1ANVbr-_52Ra6TDlYTBC7b

Re: sentinel sanselard [Re: kingpin] #1128054
10/12/17 07:47 PM
10/12/17 07:47 PM
Narrandera, NSW
B
barbarosso Offline
Shy Boomer
barbarosso  Offline
Shy Boomer
B

Narrandera, NSW
I seem to have problems with my browser. I hope this works.

To find out where you are., have you been able to get to the top of each of the 4 towers?
In other words, have you solved the glyph puzzles?

Cheers, barbarosso

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 248 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users