GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Adventure Gamers Anonymous #93097
11/04/99 02:47 PM
11/04/99 02:47 PM
Los Angeles
ray Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
ray  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Los Angeles
Overheard at a recent AGA meeting:

"Hello, My name is Ray, and I'm addicted to adventure games."

"Welcome, Ray."

"God grant me the serenity to play those games I can, to avoid those games I'll hate, and the wisdom to know the difference."

"It got so bad my children were going hungry waiting for me to finish the Mayan slider puzzle in Timelapse."

"When my husband talks to me I drag him over to the computer and type four responses he has choose from by clicking on one of them with the mouse."

The 12 Steps:

1. We admitted that we were powerless over release dates of the new adventure games.

2. We came to believe that a game greater than Grim Fandango could restore us to sanity.

3. We made a decision to turn our lives over to the care of the game developers, as we understand them.

4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the unplayed games on our shelf.

5. We admitted to ourselves and to our friends at GameBoomers the exact nature of our game addiction.

6. We became entirely ready to have the game developers remove all the lame hybrids from the market.

7. We humbly asked the game developers to release more pure point-and-click adventures.

8. We made a list of all games we had played and became willing to play games outside of our comfort zone.

9. We made direct efforts to play challenging games, except when to do so would harm ourselves or others.

10. We continued to take personal inventory of our unplayed games and when we realized we were missing and important game promptly bought it, borrowed it, or traded for it.

11. Sought through prayer and intense, 12-hour playing sessions to improve our understanding of slider puzzles AS WE UNDERSTAND THEM, praying only for knowledge and the technique to solve the little suckers without killing innocent people.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these wonderful games, we tried to carry this message to those who still suffer through ignorance of adventure games and to practice good note-taking in all of our game playing efforts.

KEEP COMING BACK. IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT.

-- with thanks to MooeyG for the idea.

[This message has been edited by ray (edited 11-04-1999).]

Procrastinate NOW!! Don't put it off!!
Re: Adventure Gamers Anonymous #93098
11/04/99 03:02 PM
11/04/99 03:02 PM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
Dearest Ray..........

It has only taken me about a half hour of continual eye wiping and nose blowing to recover from your AGA Twelve Steps dissertation. ROTFL... You are a genius and it is absolutely hilarious! This offering fully deserves permanent preservation in the annals of Boomers sacred files! I love it!

Love ya'.........Witchen =O)

Thanks MOOEYG for the idea.....a true gift for all of us "addicts." =O)
I am printing it and having it professionally framed to hang on the wall in our office!

[This message has been edited by Witchen (edited 11-04-1999).]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Koala), 147 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users