GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
GK 3 #111019
08/10/02 09:31 PM
08/10/02 09:31 PM
yuma, AZ USA
K
katie Offline OP
Settled Boomer
katie  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

yuma, AZ USA
I'm supposed to get fingerprints off of a pack of cigarettes in a drawer in the Abbe's office, I finally found them, but can't get them finger printed. Is this necessary or what have I not done or done wrong? Thanks, Katie

Re: GK 3 #111020
08/10/02 09:37 PM
08/10/02 09:37 PM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
Hi there, Katie......are you having trouble figuring out how to use the fingerprint kit? If so, when you click on the cigarettes, the fingerprint kit should show up on the left side of your screen, and the cigarettes to the right.Click the brush (which will change the cursor to a brush) then click the brush on the black powder. Click and DRAG the brush over the cigarettes until you uncover the prints. Once you see part of it showing, drag the brush around in that same area to display the whole thing. Put the brush away by clicking where you picked it up.

Love, Witchen =O) smile

Re: GK 3 #111021
08/11/02 04:13 PM
08/11/02 04:13 PM
yuma, AZ USA
K
katie Offline OP
Settled Boomer
katie  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

yuma, AZ USA
Hi Witchen, thanks for answering. I did, finally, get some fingerprints on other items, but Gabe always said something like might be prints or at least mention prints, but not so with the cigs. I've clicked brush on powder and brushed the pack, but nothing. I've checked WTs and UHS and it seems prints are necessary. Maybe I should go back to a saved game and start that sequence over. What do you think??? Katie

Re: GK 3 #111022
08/11/02 04:51 PM
08/11/02 04:51 PM
Seattle Washington USA
Witchen Offline
True Blue Boomer
Witchen  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Seattle Washington USA
Hi Katie....Here's another explanation of how to use the kit from another walkthrough by Doug Radcliffe (the best WT in my estimation)!:

-------------------------------------
"You'll use the fingerprint kit many times throughout the adventure - it's very simple to use. Open up your inventory by pressing the I button or by using the right mouse button and selecting the inventory icon. Once inside, pick up the fingerprint kit and use it on the object you wish to test for prints. In this case, pick up the kit and use it on the Holy Grail book. You'll be presented with a new screen with the book on the right and the kit on the left.
Pick up the fingerprint brush on the left and use it on the black powder, also in the kit. With the brush's end black from the powder, move it over the book on the right. Hold down the mouse button and sway your mouse from side to side in a brushing motion. Concentrate on one area for a few seconds and continue to move down until you've covered the entire object. If there's a print on the object, it should appear after a few strokes. If not, Grace (or later, Gabriel) will indicate that the object bears no prints.

If you do find a print, click the mouse on the scotch tape on the left. With a piece of tape in hand, click the mouse button over the fingerprint on the object. Next, click the tape (with the print on it) on the filing system on the left side of the fingerprint kit. This places the print in your inventory and can later be scanned into SIDNEY."

---------------------------------------------
Maybe it will do the trick. You should be able to get that print if you haven't missed anything. I'd try this first and then go back if you have to, OR, take a look at these Walkthroughs

Love, Witchen =O)

Last edited by looney4labs; 06/09/07 07:50 AM.
Re: GK 3 #111023
08/13/02 05:28 PM
08/13/02 05:28 PM
S
s109199 Offline
Shy Boomer
s109199  Offline
Shy Boomer
S

Did you touch the sigarettes first?

Sometimes the prints gets lost if you do that

Re: GK 3 #111024
08/13/02 05:51 PM
08/13/02 05:51 PM
U.S.
Bert Offline
Settled Boomer
Bert  Offline
Settled Boomer

U.S.
Also, its not necessary to get all the prints in the game. You will not gain points though, but it will not impead your progress of the game. You can not get stuck in this game....theres always a way to progress........

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (connie), 361 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users