GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Shivers #112161
12/19/02 12:15 PM
12/19/02 12:15 PM
Phoenix, AZ.
MyGreenEyes Offline OP
Settled Boomer
MyGreenEyes  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Phoenix, AZ.
I am stuck trying to capture my first Ixupi. I have a pot and lid, and I referred to the WT, but I can't seem to get the Ixupi into the pot. Does each pot and lid have to have a specific Ixupi? If not, does the lid come off to get the thing inside? I either lose my pot and lid, or I keep getting my life blood (green stuff) taken from me till I die. mad Help!!

Lynda Burbank
Re: Shivers #112162
12/19/02 12:47 PM
12/19/02 12:47 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Hi MyGreenEyes!

Its been a while since I played this, but from the comments on the walkthrough here at GB Hints -
If you have the lid and the pot, then the two pieces will magically join. You can find a book in the library that describes the pot and the lid that goes with it.

I justr checked Jeanne's Hints for this - and YES - you do need a specfic pot-taliman for a specific ixupi.

Try to just click the pot for that particular ixupi. Have the pot immediately ready when you hear the noise that makes know that an ixupi is near - Check where it is located or what is his shape to give you clues to identify that ixupi. If you don't have the pot just run away immediately or change direction.

MaG

Re: Shivers #112163
12/19/02 12:51 PM
12/19/02 12:51 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
I also haven't played Shivers in a long time but I do believe that you have to have the right pot and the right lid or you can't capture the ixupi.
Oh and only the ixupi designed for the pot will go in ie: the ash ixupi will only go in the ash pot/lid combo

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Shivers #112164
12/19/02 05:19 PM
12/19/02 05:19 PM
Virginia
Glynn Offline
Addicted Boomer
Glynn  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Virginia
Sorry about that..I "clicked" before I was ready to send! :-) You are so right! If you try the wrong pot w/lid on a Xupi..he will take it, and he will hide it in a different place than where you found it..been there done that! I played the game for the 3rd time recently and made the same mistake...again...guess I'm too old to learn! whistle Enjoy the game, they just don't make 'em like that anymore! frown Glynn

Re: Shivers #112165
12/20/02 11:52 AM
12/20/02 11:52 AM
Phoenix, AZ.
MyGreenEyes Offline OP
Settled Boomer
MyGreenEyes  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Phoenix, AZ.
Thanks for all the great tips. I do have one question though, is there any way to get more health, or am I stuck with what I have? It seems like I will run out of health before the game is over.

Lynda Burbank
Re: Shivers #112166
12/20/02 12:49 PM
12/20/02 12:49 PM
Texas
Tom Sr Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tom Sr  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Texas
Yes, each time you capture an Ixupi, the life essence (health) that Ixupi took from you is restored. Nevertheless, it's wise to avoid attacks whenever possible. With a keen ear, you can detect the change in the mood and tempo of the background music when an Ixupi is present.

Tom
Re: Shivers #112167
12/22/02 10:34 PM
12/22/02 10:34 PM
Chicago, IL
rtrooney Offline
Settled Boomer
rtrooney  Offline
Settled Boomer

Chicago, IL
Following is a list of the 20 "most likely" places to find a pot part

Desk drawer in office
Workshop
Shelf in plant room
Bird mask in lobby
Base of statue in Library
Theater stage
Clock tower
Poseidon puzzle
Land of Deros
Chinese Checkers
Pinball puzzle
Gallows puzzle
Alchemy puzzle
Sarcophagus puzzle
Moro Coffin
Sumarian Lyre puzzle
Music box puzzle
Spaceship
Janitor's closet
And the final, 20th, piece will be discovered at the end of the game.

Hopefully this will give you the information you need to finish.

Tim (Temporary keeper of the Shivers 1 Guest Registry)

And yes, you can die. There is one situation that you can run across that will put you face-to-face with an Ixupi that won't let you get past. So save your games.

Another hint: Big scores are not the objective. Willie Eide, one of the game's designers said that they threw scoring in for fun. You can run up the score just by riding the elevator over and over again.

The real trick is completing the game in the fewest points.

For whom the games toll.
They toll for thee.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 363 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users