GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
URU - Great Zero #107470
01/18/05 05:34 PM
01/18/05 05:34 PM
Tustin, Calif
D
donkrag Offline OP
Shy Boomer
donkrag  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

Tustin, Calif
I have access to the four calibrating machines behind the Great Zero. But, I'm having a problem getting the information I need to go beyond this point. What do the "markers" that I'm supposed to gather up look like. What am I supposed to be looking for? And, where is the Kadish Gallery located within Ae'gura?

Thanks much
Don K.

Re: URU - Great Zero #107471
01/18/05 05:59 PM
01/18/05 05:59 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Don the four markers look just like the ones that you collected in order to get to those Great Zero machines. The difference is that you only collect these one at a time. Go to the machine closest to the window on the left side and insert your KI. Then push the blue button that shows on the screen, and you should have one marker space showing on your KI. You will go and find that marker, click on it, come back to the Great Zero machine, insert your KI and click on the blue button again. That will register the first marker--then do the same thing (one at a time) with the other three machines.

And the Kadish Gallery is the art gallery in Kadish. (Boy, talk about making an obvious statement!! lol ) You should have a link to it in your Kadish book back in your Relto, but just in case you don't, it's easy to find. Just link to the very beginning of the Age, take the left hand path, and go up onto the dais that it leads you to. There is a linking book there that will take you to the Kadish Gallery, and if you have done the Great Zero machine correctly, the marker symbol will be up in the air somewhere close... luck

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: URU - Great Zero #107472
01/18/05 06:02 PM
01/18/05 06:02 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi Don,

I think the marker games vary depending on which game you are playing (i.e., Uru - to D'ni or Until Uru). To GET to those calibrating machines you play some marker games using that little "radar" in your KI machine, which lites up when you are close to them (and you can then see the markers). You click the radar button to register them.

Then after completing all of those you get access to the calibration machines and get a different marker quest. There are four quests that will calibrate your KI (like a GPS system). In "To D'ni" these quests work the same (use the radar on your KI to register them), but there is only one marker for each of the four quests. You have to find them. You can use the three coordinates on the upper right of your KI 'full view' to help locate them.

There are some great walkthroughs at Uru Obsession that can help.

The Kadish Gallery is the room with the beautiful singing by a woman. It has the clues on the walls to help solve the Kadish Age. You can get there quickest by using the link in your "City Book" in Relto...there will be a page to link to the Gallery.

Hope this helps.

Dadguy

Re: URU - Great Zero #107473
01/18/05 06:05 PM
01/18/05 06:05 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Jenny, we "crossed in the mail!" I think we had the same advice except for the Kadish Gallery. I do believe it is located in the City book, rather than the Kadish Book since it is a City location, but I could be wrong.

Cheers!

Dadguy

Re: URU - Great Zero #107475
01/19/05 09:47 PM
01/19/05 09:47 PM
Tustin, Calif
D
donkrag Offline OP
Shy Boomer
donkrag  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

Tustin, Calif
"City Book"? I have the book that links me back to Kadish but what does the "City Book" look like? And, should I be using my "Relto" for linking for should I be using "Phil's Relto". I still can't seem to get things moving again with respect to calibrating Great Zero. When I access the first calibrating machine (the last one on the left), I'm met with a blue button that when triggered begans to pulsate. Nothing else changes in the calibration window. The same thing happens when I triggger the blue button in the second calibration machine. And, the results are the same. I did go back to find the first calibration marker in Ae'gura, but unless I picked it up by accident, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I say, unless I picked it up by accident because I now have a small bight yellow retangle on my KI. And, I've tried to see if having the new lighted rectangle on my KI would have any new or different effect with either the first or second calibration machine. No changes are noticed. I simply must be doing something wrong, or not doing something that need to be done. Have I already, and unknowingly, picked one of the calibration markers? Could I have previously picked up a markers I now need in my quest to fulfill the original requirement for the 20 markers? Is that possible?

Don K

Re: URU - Great Zero #107476
01/19/05 10:46 PM
01/19/05 10:46 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
In YOUR Relto (you don't need Phil's) there is a book in the 7th slot from the left that is wider than the rest. It is brown and has a circular white emblem on it. This is the "City" book.

This book retains links to all of the locations in the City that you have accessed thru the game from various links. For example: The Baron's City Office, the various balconies that overlook the City, the Takota Rooftop, and also the Gallery, which IS located in the City.

The Calibration Machines are all the same. You can go to any one of them and use the same one or different ones. Forget about exploring some relationship between the machines. You are meerly starting and restarting the marker quests by going back and forth from different machines. Find one and just stick to that one machine.

The Markers are tricky. The Calibration Machines show a set of coordinates that you can use to find the markers. But sometimes you can get close, but can't find the marker. This is usually because the Marker is above you on a balcony that is accessible from the "City" book I mention above. You have to search them out.

When you look in the Calibration Machine, the Blue button starts the quest, and it is satisfied when you register the marker in your KI then return to the Calibration Machine.

Yes, you may have already logged one of the marker quests unknowingly, but without seeing your screen I can't be sure. NO, the previous 20 markers are DIFFERENT then these last four, so don't worry that you might have unwittingly stolen one of these earlier.

Did you check out the link I embedded above in an earlier quest? It has a link to the "To D'ni" walkthrough that has a great description of the quest.

Hope this helps!

Let us know how you do!

Dadguy

Re: URU - Great Zero #107477
01/19/05 11:25 PM
01/19/05 11:25 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Don, if you have that bright yellow place on your KI then it sounds as though you are ready to collect your first of the four markers from the Great Zero.

Go to the Kadish Gallery, either through the book that Dadguy describes or by way of the linking stone in Kadish that is described in my earlier post on this thread. The marker will be up in the air, pretty much in front of you as you link in I think. But I'm not prepared to swear as to it being in front of you--just look up and all around the room...

Re: URU - Great Zero #107478
01/24/05 12:38 AM
01/24/05 12:38 AM
Tustin, Calif
D
donkrag Offline OP
Shy Boomer
donkrag  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

Tustin, Calif
I'm baaaack.

Thanks to all, I finally got my act together and got through to the Great Shaft. Now, I'm trying to work my way through the Easter Egg Mode. And, again, I have a few more basic questions. Because I neglected to make proper notes, I have to guess at which shirt is Yeesha's shirt. Is it the multi patterned shirt? And, am I supposed to have a book in the first slot of the book shelf that will get me back to the Cleft and Zandi's trailer. Finaly, do I have to redo the Kadish Tolesa Age in URU in order to be able to return to pillar puzzle room in the Easter Egg Mode of the Path of the Shell expansion pack? Do I have to re align the three "scopes" in the first part of the Age, or is there another way to get to the pillar puzzle room?

Don K.

Re: URU - Great Zero #107479
01/24/05 12:55 AM
01/24/05 12:55 AM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Okay, Don, let me try to take a stab at some of these. The very first book on the left shelf is the book for the Cleft. As I remember, there are two linking pictures in it--for the rainy cleft and for the desert one.

The t-shirt that you call "Yeesha's shirt" is a sort of darkish yellow or gold, with a journey symbol on the front of it. If you don't have it on, it should be in your wardrobe.

As for Kadish, the door that was opened by those telescopes should still be open. However, if by chance it is not, just reset the 3 telescopes, go through the now-opened door, walk the shadow path, and you'll be in the room with the pillars... luck

Re: URU - Great Zero #107480
01/24/05 01:12 PM
01/24/05 01:12 PM
Tustin, Calif
D
donkrag Offline OP
Shy Boomer
donkrag  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

Tustin, Calif
Thanks for the input Jenny.

Wow! Am I in trouble now.

As far as I can ascertain, I don't have a shirt in my wardrobe that fits your description. I don't have one with the Journey symbol (the hand)on it. Where the heck did I manage to lose that little item?

And, maybe, just maybe, you can tell me where or how I managed to lose my Cleft book along the way as well. The first slot on the left in my bookcase is empty. Nada. Nothing. Just an empty slot. I guess, if I'm to do the Easter Egg Mode, I best find the Cleft book again. But how? Is it hiding in some dark corner somewhere in one of the ages? Hmmmmm! I would think that the Cleft book would have been put in place when I finished the Cleft and entered the tree for my first link to my Relto. Is there any way, other than through the Cleft book for me to return to the Cleft to see if there are any pieces I can still pick up?

Don

Re: URU - Great Zero #107481
01/24/05 01:29 PM
01/24/05 01:29 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi Don,

If you don't have the Cleft book, then you haven't finished that part of the game. This is the part where you get all four pillars from the various Ages and then return all four pillars. After you return the fourth pillar, a cleft appears in your Relto, and you jump into it. You end up in the desert of the Age called Cleft (where this all started), and you finish this part of the game by entering the symbols (the ones on the floor in the Bahro Cave) into the machine in Yeesha's cave house. This gives you Yeehsa's final speech and gives you one last Relto page from the imager in that room (this one gives you rain in your Relto). You get to view the final scene at the volcano outside and rain begins in the desert.

When you have completed this, you'll have your Yeesha shirt in your closet and you'll have the Cleft book in your Relto bookcase.

Hope this helps!

Dadguy

Re: URU - Great Zero #107482
01/24/05 02:45 PM
01/24/05 02:45 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Hi Don---sorry, but Dadguy is correct, you will have to redo those pillars to the Bahro Cave in order to get the Cleft book and your Yeesha shirt... cry

Re: URU - Great Zero #107483
01/24/05 05:22 PM
01/24/05 05:22 PM
Tustin, Calif
D
donkrag Offline OP
Shy Boomer
donkrag  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

Tustin, Calif
RIGHT!!!!!! Arrrgggghhhhh

Thanks for hanging in there with me dadguy and you too Jenny.

I suspected that it might come to hving to redo the pillars, so I redid all of the ages and got the four pillars back to Relto. And there they stand, proud as can be. But, after getting the fourth pillar returned and then getting back to Relto myself, the cleft does not open as it did the first time I ran through the ages in my original URU. There is no cleft to jump into. I must still be missing something or my problem is larger than hoped for. Keep in mind that I'm now using the Complete Chronicles CD which contains it's own copy of URU:Ages beyond Myst, The Path of The Shell, & To D'ni Expansion Packs. Could it be that there is a glitch in the Complete Chronicles?

I try not send the really easy ones. (;-])

Don

Re: URU - Great Zero #107484
01/24/05 06:14 PM
01/24/05 06:14 PM
Tustin, Calif
D
donkrag Offline OP
Shy Boomer
donkrag  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

Tustin, Calif
Great Scotbut I hate being stupid. I figured out what my problem is regarding the cleft. I need to finish URU in it's totality. I need to get rid of the pillars from my Relto and get them back to their respective caves. I'm on my way.

Thanks much

Re: URU - Great Zero #107486
01/24/05 07:06 PM
01/24/05 07:06 PM
Tustin, Calif
D
donkrag Offline OP
Shy Boomer
donkrag  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

Tustin, Calif
BINGO! I think that I'm back on track and ready to mix up some scrambled Easter Eggs now. If I hit another snag, I'll let you know. Sheeesh! If I had only looked at my notes from my previous adventure with URU prior to asking some pretty dumb questions.

Don

Re: URU - Great Zero #107488
01/30/05 11:58 AM
01/30/05 11:58 AM
WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
L
lray99 Offline
Shy Boomer
lray99  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
For the life of me,I cannot find the Kadish Gallery. In the city book, which link do I use? Which link picture? I have the first yellow marker on the calibration machine (back left in Great Zero Room). Mucho thanks for any help.

Re: URU - Great Zero #107489
01/30/05 12:46 PM
01/30/05 12:46 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Hi Iray. You can use the fourth book [Kadish] that is part of your library in your relto. Once there you can use the linking book near where you started the age.
Good luck

Sue

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU - Great Zero #107490
01/30/05 02:32 PM
01/30/05 02:32 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Lray, the Kadish Gallery link will appear in the city book after you have visited it once (maybe you haven't been there yet?).

The way to get there the FIRST time is as Sue explains above. It is a linking book by the first "telescope" in Kadish.

The link, when it appears in the city book, is the most colorful of all of the link pictures, showing the mosaics on the walls of the gallery. You can page thru all of the different city-book link pictures (when you see a little bent page corner, it means there are other pages) by clicking on the page near the bent corner.

Have fun!

Dadguy

Re: URU - Great Zero #107491
01/30/05 04:41 PM
01/30/05 04:41 PM
WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
L
lray99 Offline
Shy Boomer
lray99  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
Sue & Dadguy: Found the Gallery & the marker thanks to youall. Now I'm wrestling with the second marker on the Canyon Balcony-been there but no marker--will keep wrestling!

Re: URU - Great Zero #107492
01/30/05 04:50 PM
01/30/05 04:50 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
I'm glad you found the Kadish gallery and the marker. Some of the markers are just plain difficult to find. The best advice I can give you is to move rather slowly when you see the Ki react and look everywhere. Be sure to look up as well as down for the markers.
Good luck

Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU - Great Zero #107493
02/01/05 05:23 PM
02/01/05 05:23 PM
WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
L
lray99 Offline
Shy Boomer
lray99  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
I'm back. Got the Kadish Gallery & Ederkemo markers but cannot find the Canyon Balcony. My link before Kadish Gallery is of a large dark bldg. When I link there & turn around there is a balcony that overlooks the canyon. My KI coordinate for distance is right-on & the elevation is 1 point off. No marker. I have trudged around other balconies with no success. Did I miss something in not playing Uru completely before To D'ni? Am willing to try anything.

Re: URU - Great Zero #107495
02/01/05 07:18 PM
02/01/05 07:18 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Are you doing the first 5 markers or the set of 20 markers? I'm sorry but I'm having difficulty remembering where they all are.
I don't think that completing URU totally is messing you up. Others played part of URU again so that they could play D'ni and then POS.

Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU - Great Zero #107496
02/01/05 07:23 PM
02/01/05 07:23 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

When you collected the last marker and put your KI back in the machine, did you press the blue button to record it? You have to do that before you go to the new machine to start the quest for the next marker.

If you've already done that, as I remember, the linking book/page to the Canyon balcony is on the back of one of those circular places in Eder. It's the one with the rotating thing on top of it, as I recall--and it didn't show up when you were playing regular Uru, so there wouldn't be a page for it in your Eder book...

Re: URU - Great Zero #107498
02/02/05 08:03 AM
02/02/05 08:03 AM
WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
L
lray99 Offline
Shy Boomer
lray99  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
I'm playing the final four calibration markers. The Eder link is for the Elevation marker & I found that. I'm missing the Distance marker which, according to my WT, is on/in the Canyon Balcony (which I can't find).

Re: URU - Great Zero #107499
02/02/05 08:16 AM
02/02/05 08:16 AM
WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
L
lray99 Offline
Shy Boomer
lray99  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

WINSTON-SALEM,NC USA
I meant to say that I'm missing the Toran value marker, which is in/on the Canyon Balcony.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users